Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is infinite hysteria still a thing?

SepticSean

Question

Infinite Hysteria is dead and gone, and good riddance. Ramping energy drain and taking damage when it deactivates where enemies can see you further entrenches it as an emergency buff as opposed to bald-faced cheese.

All forms of exalted weapon, including Hysteria, are affected by any and all generic (i.e. not exclusive to a specific weapon or weapon sub-type like Gleaming Blight or Covert Lethality) mods on your regular weapon of that category EXCEPT Shadow Debt mods like Body Count and Blood Rush.

Artemis Bow is of course affected by the bow-exclusive Thunderbolt mod, which makes it currently the only thing resembling an exception to the assumption that no exclusive mod will work on an exalted weapon. If memory serves, Bright Purity formerly affected Exalted Blade on account of Exalted Blade counting as a Skana (albeit an immensely powerful one), but that was patched out long ago.

Edited by Dreddeth

12 minutes ago, (PS4)THE_HUNTER96929 said:

Yes there is still "infinite" hysteria and all exalted weapons use the respective weapon's mods

18 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Infinite Hysteria is dead and gone, and good riddance. Ramping energy drain and taking damage when it deactivates where enemies can see you further entrenches it as an emergency buff as opposed to bald-faced cheese.

All forms of exalted weapon, including Hysteria, are affected by any and all generic (i.e. not exclusive to a specific weapon or weapon sub-type like Gleaming Blight or Covert Lethality) mods on your regular weapon of that category EXCEPT Shadow Debt mods like Body Count and Blood Rush.

Artemis Bow is of course affected by the bow-exclusive Thunderbolt mod, which makes it currently the only thing resembling an exception to the assumption that no exclusive mod will work on an exalted weapon. If memory serves, Bright Purity formerly affected Exalted Blade on account of Exalted Blade counting as a Skana (albeit an immensely powerful one), but that was patched out long ago.

im so confused now

5 minutes ago, SepticSean said:

im so confused now

Basically, it's still possible in theory for Hysteria to last the entire mission, but it ramps up over time to an eventual base cost of 15 energy per tick, so in practice you get about 3 minutes with a min-maxed build on average.

Also, the only melee mods that don't work with Hysteria are ones that are explicitly for other weapons only (for example, Covert Lethality) or were part of the Shadow Debt event (for example, Body Count).

1 hour ago, SepticSean said:

im so confused now

The lowest you can get the energy drain is 3.75 per second I believe. Which means you need an Energy Orb every 7 seconds. Which is possible but not dependable.

I believe the people who are saying it's still possible are making use of Arcane Energize.

6 minutes ago, SepticSean said:

What if I use rage because mines drains 0.63 per second

It starts at 2.5 Drain and maxes at 15 Drain. The UI doesn't tell you the increased value.

Rage is only useful when you're not in Hysteria as you don't take damage for it to work otherwise.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

It starts at 2.5 Drain and maxes at 15 Drain. The UI doesn't tell you the increased value.

Rage is only useful when you're not in Hysteria as you don't take damage for it to work otherwise.

what is a good replacement for valkyr?

14 minutes ago, SepticSean said:

Mesa is a god right now.

But if you want melee; Chroma has always been pretty strong. 98% mitigation and he swings Galantine for 800k easy when maxed out..

His buffs can just be kinda annoying to micro manage.

I hear Wukong is pretty strong and un-killable but I've not invested in him personally since I generally just use Naramon - Shadow Step or Chroma to melee.

In the end it always depends what level range you're playing at. Many frames are good at melee but fall off quick due to mitigation issues. Saryn with Shadow Step is one of the strongest Melee in the game next to Banshee but without Invisibility they can't live long enough to make much use of their damage output.

5 hours ago, SepticSean said:

Replacement how exactly? For semi invincible melee characters Nezha is good (Just be sure to keep an eye on warding halo) and Nyx with assimilate mod is good if using War as she still swings it fast. Volt can be good too! In fact if you have Naramon most will be fine. 

17 minutes ago, (PS4)THE_HUNTER96929 said:

My build is max efficiency and as much duration as i can after efficiency, when valkyr got the extra drain i never noticed the difference because the energy drain didn't change much

Have you played her recently? Because when they first added the change I don't think the scaling drain was working as I was able to run her perma just as usual.

However a week ago I tried again and it was just about impossible.

Added Duration doesn't really matter unless your duration is below 100%. Efficiency is caped at 25% of original cost. You can't get lower than 3.75 Drain.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Have you played her recently? Because when they first added the change I don't think the scaling drain was working as I was able to run her perma just as usual.

However a week ago I tried again and it was just about impossible.

Added Duration doesn't really matter unless your duration is below 100%. Efficiency is caped at 25% of original cost. You can't get lower than 3.75 Drain.

Yes i have played her recently and the 25% is the original cost of enabling the ability the efficiency is higher for the energy drain

27 minutes ago, (PS4)THE_HUNTER96929 said:

Yes i have played her recently and the 25% is the original cost of enabling the ability the efficiency is higher for the energy drain

Efficiency cap is applied to both the initial cost and the drain of channel abilities. If you're at 175% Efficiency and 100% duration you're capped.

You cannot get less than 3.75 drain, which means an energy orb ever 7 seconds to keep Hysteria active.

Which is highly unlikely without Arcane Energize.

23 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Efficiency cap is applied to both the initial cost and the drain of channel abilities. If you're at 175% Efficiency and 100% duration you're capped.

You cannot get less than 3.75 drain, which means an energy orb ever 7 seconds to keep Hysteria active.

Which is highly unlikely without Arcane Energize.

Im at about 0.67 energy per second but ill check tonight

3 hours ago, SepticSean said:

SO get a excal,wukong and ash? And dosent ash's ult drain allot of energy?

Those are all good picks.

Ash's Blade Storm costs between 25 - 65 Energy per cast, depending on how big of a Blind Rage you want to slot. The offset is that he can regen energy while using it, proc energy from syndicate weapons and Vacuum orbs up.  Zenurik is esp strong.

I actually prefer his Fatal Teleport over Blade Storm, it scales much higher but most players don't get to that point, esp these days. Blade Storm will perform better below lvl 200, except on Infested. Ancient Disruptors give Ash's Blade Storm a bad day.

55 minutes ago, SepticSean said:

Im barely rank 6 XD. 

But what weapons regen energy?

Rakta Dark Dagger is Mastery 8 and just about the best dagger in the game. Works esp good with Ash in terms of Blade Storm and Finishers.

The normal Dark Dagger has no requirement.

The Syndicate mod Gleaming Blight can be attached to either Rakta or normal Dark Dagger for an energy proc. Otherwise you'd need Synoid Gammacor / Rakta Balistica MR6 or Synoid Simunlor / Rakta Cernos MR12. Energy Siphon helps, Zenurik - Energy Overflow Focus Passive will completely set you for energy requirements in most cases. The mods for other weapons from Red Veil and Cephalon Suda will also proc energy but I don't think much of the weapons they are used with.

For general melee I wouldn't recommend a Dagger though. It's mostly for Fatal Teleport, Blade Storm and stealth play with Executes. Daggers aren't the best melee weapons due to their weapon reach.