Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ninkondi

John89brensen

Question

I've used both the Ninkondi and the Shaku ages ago, but at the time didnt have the stance to use them properly. I recently discovered that i picked up Atlantis Vulcan some time ago (didnt even notice at the time), so my question is should i recraft a Ninkondi? is it a good weapon? or should i stick with the Shaku i have already crafted?

I know Ninkondi has better stats than Shaku (a bit ironic), but im just wondering if its worth using. I recently "wasted" a forma and a potato on my old Hate (damn you rwby), so i dont really want to waste resources if the weapon is not worth it.

13 answers to this question

Just now, NobleParadox96 said:

if you don't want to waste anymore resources then stick with the shaku that you built, otherwise you can go with ninkondi

I dont mind recrafting the weapon, ive done it with other weapons and frames. But if i do so is to invest in them and make them as powerful as i can.

I'd say the Ninkondi is definitely worth using. It's not great as far as damage goes, but it IS still one of, if not the premier status melee in the game. The Shaku just doesn't compare, so if you like the stance but want an actual weapon to use it with, then I'd advise you to rebuild the Ninkondi.

Ninkondi is a status weapon, so if you like status weapons, go for it! It has a high attack speed, allowing it to dish out procs quickly. If you like more up-front damage, you can go for a weapon like the Galatine Prime (aka the War Killer), and if you like melee so much that you would want to main melee the entire mission, I would suggest a crit-based weapon like the Atterax. Amoung these two categories, the Ninkondi fits more into the up-front, quick melee attack category. 

tldr: If you like up-front damage, go for it. 

IIRC, You can make a status-build for the Ninkondi and use it to stunlock the Stalker and beat on it a few thousand times until submission.

Ninkondi may not be the most powerful melee weapon out there but it can definitely be VERY fun to use.

Edited by NativeKiller

38 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

the hate got buffed like 6 months ago, I wouldn't call it a waste, unless you don't like the stance/look of the weapon.

The damage is ok, my main problem with Hate is the range and the stance, makes it really cluncky to kill anything unless you are extremely close.

39 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

The Shaku just doesn't compare, so if you like the stance but want an actual weapon to use it with, then I'd advise you to rebuild the Ninkondi.

This is why i was asking, the stance looks amazing, i just dont like the Shaku.

Thanks for the replies guys, ill be sure to give the ninkondi another shot. And do this:

12 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

You can make a status-build for the Ninkondi and use it to stunlock the Stalker and beat on it a few thousand times until submission.

Ninkondi do good damage, make an impressive CC weapon and their fun to use.

The downside is their actual damage output  is highly conditional.

Damage Output =  Damage X Targets Hit.

Basically they can beat the hell out of a few key targets but are unlikely to match weapons like Galantine or Atterax in kill count.

Because of how many times it hits it's more than viable to put Berserker on the Ninkondi too. Though you might want to stick to quick melee for that since it has a lot more hits compared to the melee combos which I personally cannot stand at all.

Just another advantage over the Shaku.