Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deluxe Skins: 6 in development [embers!]

7 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

personally i want volt to get something raijin themed 

I posted about this in another topic making light about Volt's [eventual] deluxe skin concept. I feel it should be close in design to what that Lightning-mancer is like from Big Trouble in Little China, I guess he was Raijin/Raiden themed:

tumblr_n7ozb4YmGo1skggp0o4_500.gif

I dunno, but I always felt that his badassery is still prominent to this day.

11 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

What exactly does Ash's skin have that makes you think "black suited ninja"?

The only thing that is recognizable as something are from the legs which looks like actual traditional Japanese armor.

The rest just looks like the Palantine design splashed on a standard body.

While Frost looks like this.

OWeZ4QO.jpg

At best. He actually looks like Atlas more.

I'm talking about the whole archetype of the ninja as popularly known isn't accurate. Ninjas were mostly just spies and rarely did they engage in combat. Just like real life spies they mostly dealt in information and sabotage rather than combat and assassinations. 

And you're kidding me right? You're saying that Ash's deluxe skin looks nothing like a ninja? Oh come on.

15 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

The only thing that is recognizable as something are from the legs which looks like actual traditional Japanese armor.

While Frost looks like this.

OWeZ4QO.jpg

At best. He actually looks like Atlas more.

He's not Viking Themed, if we're going historically accurate Vikings had no horns on their helmets. he looks like this.

COOM0036-5.jpg

He's themed after a Teutonic Knight. 

12 hours ago, EetNotErn said:

I'm talking about the whole archetype of the ninja as popularly known isn't accurate. Ninjas were mostly just spies and rarely did they engage in combat. Just like real life spies they mostly dealt in information and sabotage rather than combat and assassinations. 

And you're kidding me right? You're saying that Ash's deluxe skin looks nothing like a ninja? Oh come on.

according to the info we have no they served several roles besides spying. They were police, guards, and actually fought as soldiers in certain occasions.

And i didnt say it didnt look like i ninja, i CLEARLY wrote down that the legs looks like traditional armor. The rest is just the Rhino Palantine design on a smaller body.

8 hours ago, Im_The_Real_Dirty_Dan said:

He's themed after a Teutonic Knight. 

If they want a T Knight they need to fix the horns and add frill and give him plate-looking armor instead of the He-man design he has now.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

1 hour ago, Mak_Gohae said:

according to the info we have no they served several roles besides policing. They were police, guards, and actually fought as soldiers in certain occasions.

And i didnt say it didnt look like i ninja, i CLEARLY wrote down that the legs looks like traditional armor. The rest is just the Rhino Palantine design on a smaller body.

If they want a T Knight they need to fix the horns and add frill and give him plate-looking armor instead of the He-man design he has now.

You said Ash didn't look like a ninja and that the only thing recognizable as such were the legs, which look like traditional armor. So yeah, you're basically saying he doesn't look like a ninja except for the legs. Why are you even arguing? But whatever man. You clearly just like arguing with people. I was only stating some facts about the ninja.

Edited by EetNotErn

4 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Lol, you can't tell by his arms and legs he has a plate armor looks to it. Obviously its a theme, DE is going to mold it into their own design. To me the body armor looks more body conformed to keep up with modernness look. As for the horns there we MANY different horns adorned on the Teutonic Knight's helmet.

574977f4ade9e684b564a63800ef477b.jpg

3 minutes ago, Im_The_Real_Dirty_Dan said:

Lol, you can't tell by his arms and legs he has a plate armor looks to it. Obviously its a theme, DE is going to mold it into their own design. To me the body armor looks more body conformed to keep up with modernness look. As for the horns there we MANY different horns adorned on the Teutonic Knight's helmet.

khmm :smile: 

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/castlevania/images/9/91/Alucard2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140803020539 

Edited by Vlada91

3 hours ago, EetNotErn said:

You said Ash didn't look like a ninja and that the only thing recognizable as such were the legs, which look like traditional armor. So yeah, you're basically saying he doesn't look like a ninja except for the legs. Why are you even arguing? But whatever man. You clearly just like arguing with people. I was only stating some facts about the ninja.

This is how this exchange actually went.

On 10/16/2016 at 2:00 PM, EetNotErn said:

People complain about the horns on the Frost skin but accept the whole stereotypical black suited ninja look.

Key part, "black-suited ninja". Not ninja but black-suited ninja.

This is my reply.

On 10/16/2016 at 3:17 PM, Mak_Gohae said:

I clearly state the issue is i have with your statement is the "black-suited ninja" part. Then i explain how i see the skin.

13 hours ago, EetNotErn said:

You then morphed that into me saying he looks nothing like a ninja.

Which i have no idea where you got this from because the discussion is about the stereotypical "black-suited ninja."

There is no "basically" anything, here. The statements are the statements, i dont get why you would make something else from the words posted. The words posted are what they are.

38 minutes ago, Im_The_Real_Dirty_Dan said:

Lol, you can't tell by his arms and legs he has a plate armor looks to it.

If you dont know what He-man in you should've researched it or asked. You are Loling about your own misinformation.

Obviously its a theme, DE is going to mold it into their own design.

obviously, but we can still give feedback.

i mean, unless you never come to the board at all, you should know that this is what this board is about. Giving feedback and talking about the game. This is not he first time or the last someone is going to discuss something about the game.

To me the body armor looks more body conformed to keep up with modernness

To me all the muscles make the design look like another frame rather than Frost.

Frost is a dude that has been shown to be covered up, his signature ability is covering people. Look like he is exposed doesnt really connect with his design.

look. As for the horns there we MANY different horns adorned on the Teutonic Knight's helmet.

Fig 1 to 4 look fine, use those designs.

Fig 5 doesnt look good. For 6 and 7 they would need to remove the Atlas neck the design has now for them to work. 

5 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

If you dont know what He-man in you should've researched it or asked. You are Loling about your own misinformation.

Well only part of your quote showed, but I'll go in order.

1. Yes I know who He-Man is, I also know he has cuffs, boots, sword strap, boots and luscious blond hair. This argument has nothing to do with the Deluxe Frost design, Clearly has Armor all the way up his legs, and fro his hand to his bicep.

2. Yeah, opinions. This is in General forum which opinions will roam free, feedback would do more wonders in the Feedback forum.

3. Conformed armor...good example, The Christian Bale batman armor, thin armor plating to show body build but not too much as it makes it super clunky, hence why it looks like abs and pecs without looking too much like abs and pecs. Side note the point is to get away from the original look. Even if it is a viking/norse theme half of them are depicted as shirtless warriors. At least it's something other than his little tie.

4. classic them more modern-helmet with extra padding and horns- I'm sure they'll come up with something for Atlas that's rugged and tough like a rock to distingguish, but as far as to what I'm seeing its just a little padding not *whole trap no neck*

20 hours ago, EetNotErn said:

Yes yes,  the meme of pointing out the innacuracy of Ninja with inaccurate corrections. Ninja were involved in both subterfuge and combat. The only correct correction is that they didn't run around in black bodysuits or use magic.  Atleast the real ones didn't use magic that is, however, people forget that Ninja also have history in folklore, in things like the Tale of Jiraiya, or older random rural folk tales, which basically depicted them as shamans and nature mages.

Ash deluxe design, outside of being a sleek body suit like modern cyber punk ninja, doesn't seem to actually be trying to completely replicate the ninja, but also the smoke theme, with the old school cloud painting like trimming, not too far off from some depictions of Asian youkai(demons/spirit imps) like enenras, a smoke youkai.

Things like shisa also share some similar decoration.

Edited by UrielColtan

On 10/17/2016 at 8:25 PM, UrielColtan said:

Yes yes,  the meme of pointing out the innacuracy of Ninja with inaccurate corrections. Ninja were involved in both subterfuge and combat. The only correct correction is that they didn't run around in black bodysuits or use magic.  Atleast the real ones didn't use magic that is, however, people forget that Ninja also have history in folklore, in things like the Tale of Jiraiya, or older random rural folk tales, which basically depicted them as shamans and nature mages.

Ash deluxe design, outside of being a sleek body suit like modern cyber punk ninja, doesn't seem to actually be trying to completely replicate the ninja, but also the smoke theme, with the old school cloud painting like trimming, not too far off from some depictions of Asian youkai(demons/spirit imps) like enenras, a smoke youkai.

Things like shisa also share some similar decoration.

Blah blah blah. You do realize that I DID point out, and that was my main point, that ninjas didn't really run around those bodysuits, right? And I DID say they were MOSTLY just spies. MOSTLY implies that they did other stuff too, like combat. I even mention that they're like modern spies who are involved in both subterfuge and combat.

So tell my again what part of my comment was inaccurate?  Oh the meme of pointing out the innaccuracy of someone's post with inaccurate corrections.

• 2 weeks later...