Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

body diversity in lady frames

senatorspade

Well that was a bit awkward post. But sure yeah why not? I remember the first time Valkyr was about to be released, people were expecting a more bulkier frame female model than what we got. So I think people wouldn't mind other body types even though I am not quite sure what the point is supposed to be.

2 minutes ago, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

I willplay Nezha over Rhino.  If you want to compare frames that are similar.

Okay, sure. All I was saying was that the physical size of a frame isn't really all that important. You pick Nezha for his abilities, not his hitboxes. (unless you're looking for fashion, but that still has nothing to do with the practicality of a frame's size)

8 hours ago, arch111 said:

A LONG time ago I was doing this to Valkyr,  or trying to. That was well before.Tennogen and even Gersemi.

valkyr_armored_by_gaber111-d8rpd40.jpgI still plan on doing a buld of her that looks like she is armored.

Augmented Valkyr

Spoiler

Man, keep some proportions

19 hours ago, Azrael said:

Heh heh, calling someone an SJW is exactly like calling someone a sexist, just from the other side. I haven't seen anyone in here act like the stereotypical SJW, so I get the impression you're just trying to start drama. Please don't do that.

Then you sir or madam have not dealt with SJW's. People that start BS like this thread and start in with the "inclusion" angle are ALWAYS a SJW or feminazi. Notice how they only speak of female frames? There is a disturbing lack of big bulk bro frames like Rhino. Yet they don't bring that up, only FEMALE frames. I've seen the male discrepancy was mentioned by another but my point still stands.

There does not need to be fat frames, chunky frames, she hulk, femboy, or bloated frames for the sake of there being one just to make a small and insignificant minority happy. Especially since most people don't want to play as a beach ball or something that physically doesn't make sense, them being wireframes doesn't matter in the slightest.

If OP doesn't like how female frames are? Don't play with them or just don't play Warframe. Just like how I hate how almost all male frames look with the exception of Excalibur, volt, and Rhino and don't play any male frames except for the mentioned ones. There is no reason for this thread other then to start BS and to push a another political agenda into another gaming. Something that inherently pisses me off. Politics and SWJ's and Feminaz's need to stay the hell out of video games as do their ideologies. PERIOD.

Edited by Azur_Fenix

6 minutes ago, Azur_Fenix said:

People that start BS like this thread and start in with the "inclusion" angle are ALWAYS a SJW or feminazi.

This is a gross over-generalization. And one guaranteed to make people angry. This is what I mean by starting drama, you can only have wanted to start an argument by saying this.

7 minutes ago, Azur_Fenix said:

There is a disturbing lack of big bulk bro frames like Rhino. Yet they don't bring that up, only FEMALE frames.

Are you kidding? Rhino, Chroma, and Hydroid are all very bulky. Meanwhile there are no bulky female frames to match. You're really going to complain about a "discrepancy?" Are you aware that discrepancy means "a lack of compatibility or similarity between two or more facts?" This means that the only discrepancy is between the numbers of male and female bulky frames, and there are clearly more male ones. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

12 minutes ago, Azur_Fenix said:

Especially since most people don't want to play as a beach ball.

Nobody has asked for a beach ball. Quit with the strawman arguments.

There is no reason for this thread other then to start BS and to push a another political agenda into another gaming. Something that inherently pisses me off. Politics and SWJ's and Feminaz's need to stay the hell out of video games as do their ideologies. PERIOD.

Again with the labels and strawman arguments! People have posted actual pictures of what they want, it's not a beach ball and it's not some kind of political thing. And please stop calling the people in this thread feminazis. There's no need to start drama and insult people, if you're bored go watch a soap opera.

snipe

Ah, I thought we could end this thread on a nice note? Please read through the entire thread instead of assuming that this post was designed to start BS. You be surprised creating game characters are a lot more complicated than this. What we've been talking about is only the tip of the iceberg, and to top it off we weren't even talking about Politics or political correctness. But rather the design and the silhouette of the frames and comparing them to male frames as an example, that's it. You're just simply jumping to conclusions right now.

8 minutes ago, Azrael said:

This is a gross over-generalization. And one guaranteed to make people angry. This is what I mean by starting drama, you can only have wanted to start an argument by saying this.

Are you kidding? Rhino, Chroma, and Hydroid are all very bulky. Meanwhile there are no bulky female frames to match. You're really going to complain about a "discrepancy?" Are you aware that discrepancy means "a lack of compatibility or similarity between two or more facts?" This means that the only discrepancy is between the numbers of male and female bulky frames, and there are clearly more male ones. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Nobody has asked for a beach ball. Quit with the strawman arguments.

Again with the labels and strawman arguments! People have posted actual pictures of what they want, it's not a beach ball and it's not some kind of political thing. And please stop calling the people in this thread feminazis. There's no need to start drama and insult people, if you're bored go watch a soap opera.

Why is it I always get the single chromosome ones? I am not going to bother arguing with a dud that doesn't even know what a strawman is. Also learn to read. Also I will express my opinion as I see fit. You don't like it? Get over it.

Edited by Azur_Fenix

8 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Ah, I thought we could end this thread on a nice note? Please read through the entire thread instead of assuming that this post was designed to start BS. You be surprised creating game characters are a lot more complicated than this. What we've been talking about is only the tip of the iceberg, and to top it off we weren't even talking about Politics or political correctness. But rather the design and the silhouette of the frames and comparing them to male frames as an example, that's it. You're just simply jumping to conclusions right now.

Hardly, and if you don't like my opinion. OH WELL. Get over it. Its a message board.

1 minute ago, Azur_Fenix said:

Why is it I always get an single chromosome ones? I am not going to bother arguing with a dud that doesn't even know what a strawman is. Also learn to read.

flamebaiting troll confirmed. Go away, and start drama elsewhere. Nobody is impressed by your ability to insult people. And, uh... you may want to look up what a strawman is, because you used that technique several times. Here, I'll post a definition for you:

"A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent."

So when you say things like "most people don't want to play as a beach ball" you're implying that's what people have been saying, and then arguing against it. That's called "knocking down a straw man." In reality people have been posting drawings of what they want, and it isn't a beach ball.

See? You learn something new every day.

Just now, Azrael said:

flamebaiting troll confirmed. Go away, and start drama elsewhere. Nobody is impressed by your ability to insult people. And, uh... you may want to look up what a strawman is, because you used that technique several times. Here, I'll post a definition for you:

"A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent."

So when you say things like "most people don't want to play as a beach ball" you're implying that's what people have been saying, and then arguing against it. That's called "knocking down a straw man." In reality people have been posting drawings of what they want, and it isn't a beach ball.

See? You learn something new every day.

Says they guy trying to get the last word. Grow up sonny. -ignored for being a argument instigator-

16 minutes ago, Azur_Fenix said:

Hardly, and if you don't like my opinion. OH WELL. Get over it. Its a message board.

That the thing. Am fine with your opinion but you're getting off topic and pushing your own rants about SJWs, when everyone here's being civil and calm.

23 minutes ago, Azur_Fenix said:

Why is it I always get the single chromosome ones? I am not going to bother arguing with a dud that doesn't even know what a strawman is. Also learn to read. Also I will express my opinion as I see fit. You don't like it? Get over it.

It's fine criticising someone argument, just don't be rude or hostile about it. There's a difference between having an opinion. But right now, you're just being belligerent in your writing.

10 minutes ago, Azur_Fenix said:

Says they guy trying to get the last word. Grow up sonny. -ignored for being a argument instigator-

Now, you're just being toxic and aggressive about this. Look, no one here is being hostile to you; so calm down. Insulting a person doesn't help your side of the argument at all.

I don't like the look of Overwatch characters and don't think Warframe should be influenced by any of them. People seem to like equinoxes masculine look and some still want to act like it switches between a male and female form even though DE said it's female only. That form isn't big and bulky and also doesn't look like embers more feminine look. I think that's a more reasonable look for different body styles for female characters in Warframe instead of any character from Overwatch....that game is so overrated anyways.

2 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

@(XB1)TheLegend 64312 @RoninJed We already answered these questions. We already talked about this.

Kind of. From what I read, and I didn't read everything because it's 11 pages, it seems like the main reason for it is just because we don't have one. Which is a bit of a circular argument. I just don't get it. 

12 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

@(XB1)TheLegend 64312 @RoninJed We already answered these questions. We already talked about this in great detail and simply about copying Zarya.

Uhh I wasn't asking a question...just pointing out that equinox is a masculine female frame that doesn't look like the other more feminine looking frames. Her look fits in warframe and doesn't seem out of place. Overwatch characters would be a theme that would seem out of place in warframe. If anyone here wants a fat male or female frame just come out and say it already...we know what you mean by bulky hehe.

3 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

Uhh I wasn't asking a question...just pointing out that equinox is a masculine female frame that doesn't look like the other more feminine looking frames.

You know, I've never really felt that equinox looked like anything, male or female. I never really got a "masculine" vibe off of her. She looks more like a robot than a living thing. Just imo.

4 hours ago, Azur_Fenix said:

Then you sir or madam have not dealt with SJW's. People that start BS like this thread and start in with the "inclusion" angle are ALWAYS a SJW or feminazi. Notice how they only speak of female frames? There is a disturbing lack of big bulk bro frames like Rhino. Yet they don't bring that up, only FEMALE frames. I've seen the male discrepancy was mentioned by another but my point still stands.

There does not need to be fat frames, chunky frames, she hulk, femboy, or bloated frames for the sake of there being one just to make a small and insignificant minority happy. Especially since most people don't want to play as a beach ball or something that physically doesn't make sense, them being wireframes doesn't matter in the slightest.

If OP doesn't like how female frames are? Don't play with them or just don't play Warframe. Just like how I hate how almost all male frames look with the exception of Excalibur, volt, and Rhino and don't play any male frames except for the mentioned ones. There is no reason for this thread other then to start BS and to push a another political agenda into another gaming. Something that inherently pisses me off. Politics and SWJ's and Feminaz's need to stay the hell out of video games as do their ideologies. PERIOD.

woah woah woah. hey. slow down. I'm not saying there cannot be more bulky male frames, there's already some and there's NONE for the lady frames. And I very specifically stated that I do not dislike the current lady warframes. I'm simply providing constructive criticism, and you come and call the thread BS. You might think its an 'insignificant minority' but you fail to realize that you are not part of this group of people, nor do you wish to hear anything from them, so of course you are oblivious.