Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's That Time Again. Make Reskin Weapons, Real Weapons

Nick-ka-ka

You know what I am taking about. The only two weapons in the whole game that alter the base weapons stats when you put them onto them, yet remain as a skin, rather than a completed weapon. Yes, we are talking about:

The Manticore
latest?cb=20130430050418

The Brokk
latest?cb=20140416073331

Both of them Grineer weapons that would have have made serious impact in the game if released as actual weapons and not reskins [hammer with puncture? hellyeah]. So it is time to do another petition to make these weapons real weapons. Potentially as Dojo weapons, because the Grineer research lab is kind of sparse compared to the others.

2 hours ago, SanguineSavant said:

Would rather they focus on fixing the kinks out of the game and releasing 10 month overdue promised content to be honest.

Because it would take so much work to assign one person to put a few new entries in the database, assign stats, and then assign research/manufacture costs.

Yup. This would definitely get in the way.

5 hours ago, FierceRadiance said:

Just curious, OP what do you see as the important difference between equipping these skins as weapons, and equipping these skins as skins?  Aren't they two paths to the same place?

The important difference is that these two skins alter your stats on your current weapons and are only released as Alert Rewards. It would not take too much to make it into a real weapon rather than a skin. I mean, they have their own stats!

1 hour ago, Nick-ka-ka said:

The important difference is that these two skins alter your stats on your current weapons and are only released as Alert Rewards. It would not take too much to make it into a real weapon rather than a skin. I mean, they have their own stats!

Okay, so if I'm understanding you correctly, there's really no reason to release these as weapons, other than all (or most) of the work is done, and it shouldn't take much to just "convert" them from skins to actual weapons.  I'm not hearing any important differences between them, other than their status as 'skins' vs. 'weapons'.

S'not a bad idea, just not much of a gain to do it.  Other than we get Mastery for leveling weapons and nunya for skins, of course.

10 hours ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

then make a detailed and competent thread to voice your issues instead of trying to rain on someone elses parade.

Honey, counter opinions aren't raining on someone's parade. They are adverse opinions to your own. There was no design to ruin this guy's day. Only a reasonable suggestion that he acknowledge there is a lot going on in this game already and he should polish the idea a little more instead of congest the game with content that isn't going to help the current issues with this game.  Also, detail and competency? He posted two or three pics and said "Wouldn't this be cool?". Yeah, it would be. Who wouldn't love more stuff? I'd be glad to see this but you know what? This game is already congested with stuff and it's reasonable to point that out. Just like it's reasonable to suggest you compose a grammatically correct sentence while you're up on that condescending high horse of yours.

1 hour ago, SanguineSavant said:

Honey, counter opinions aren't raining on someone's parade. They are adverse opinions to your own. There was no design to ruin this guy's day. Only a reasonable suggestion that he acknowledge there is a lot going on in this game already and he should polish the idea a little more instead of congest the game with content that isn't going to help the current issues with this game.  Also, detail and competency? He posted two or three pics and said "Wouldn't this be cool?". Yeah, it would be. Who wouldn't love more stuff? I'd be glad to see this but you know what? This game is already congested with stuff and it's reasonable to point that out. Just like it's reasonable to suggest you compose a grammatically correct sentence while you're up on that condescending high horse of yours.

I like you.