Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips+Tricks for MR17 Test

Zachles

Question

For anyone who doesn't know, this is the mastery rank test where you have to parkour around a map and melee strike orbs to add a few seconds to the clock while simultaneously trying to kill thirty Infested enemies.

I've basically given up on this test because anything and everything I've tried has failed. The general idea is to just keep running to each orb and try to kill Infested enemies on the way. What have you tried/what worked for you? I've been stuck on this test since August and I'd be remiss if I just gave up on it entirely since Warframe is an ever-developing game. Flawed system or not, I have to figure out some way to proceed. I'd appreciate some help.

13 answers to this question

Bring a fast frame and a good melee weapon.

Finished with a Loki Prime (+rush) and an Orthos Prime. Channel + slide attack for full effect.

There's also Ember/Prime (Max range and str World on Fire), Excalibur/Prime (Exalted Turret), Mesa (Another exalted turret), Banshee (Augmented Sound Quake), and Frost (Max range and str Avalanche).

Practice your parkour moves, you can't wall climb most of the pillars in the test, so bullet jump is your only friend to rapidly gain elevation to minimize time between orbs.  As mentioned before fast frames and AoE clear will make the kills happen.  Biggest thing to remember is that the point of the test is to keep time on the clock.  Only go for kills on your way between orbs, the kills will stack up, but only if you keep time on the clock.  Melee weapons with large sliding AoE attacks are the best for this, so look at the polearm family and whips.

LOL i struggled too on this one ^.^ here is some tips

- Ember with world on fire and you just run for the orbs

- Equinox Maim and just run for the orbs

- Nezha firewalk and and run for the orbs while killing with a weapon like an ignis

Edited by trunks013

try nezah firewalker with orthos prime, dont kill enemies just run for the orbs and firewalk will kill the enemies. you still need to remind that this test can be ez or hard depending on where the next orb will spawn so this makes it a bit more hard to do, just try to practice it a lot before you do the actual test.

i wish you good luck!

P.S i also had problems with wining this test, so just try your best

31 minutes ago, ashrah said:

test is easy just focus on orbs i do it with volt speed build and prisma grakata ortos p...one u  hit one orb watch on map where will next spawn go in that direction and on way kill some....just dont panic that is all

right the key to this test is to keep cool

Most important is for you to keep track where the orb spawn.

just keep targeting and it the orb to make sure you dotn run out of time.

The only have the melee infested and they are weak.

use fast hitting melee. dont use slow hammers it waste 1 sec each thing.

cheat code.

use fast weapon liek dual kamas / fang / sword

equip it with attack speed.

if want short cut, use ember. max range fleeting and on 4th skill.

I prefer use soma because alot of ammo and those infested are weak xd

I tried Ember Prime with World on Fire, I tested three for three in the Relay. The actual test I ended up falling out of the map and I got respawned far away so I failed. But it's the first time I've passed, so hopefully tomorrow at noon I'll get it. Thanks everyone.

I used ash I think, and tried cleaning up with the soma.  I barely beat it and it was my third time trying.  Volt comes to mind because of his speed and good power radius.  I know Ember is good.  Zephyr might work with the 'nados and her 1st ability.  Mirage also has faster parkour movements to help you out, along with her disco ball of death to kill the enemies.  

Just some thoughts.  

I agree I tried this test a lot with different frames and weapons and found that the easiest way to pass this test was with Ember WoF. Aft collecting the first 3 orbs WoF will clear out at least 20 to 25 enemies and then it is just a case of getting 1 or 2 more orb, shooting less than 10 enemies and finishing. 

It can be a bit random with the placement of the orbs as they appear but eventually it becomes pretty easy, with the right gear.

Cheers