Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Prime Mods and weapons and What stats help him the most?

Zorra_Fox

Question

I am only mastery 4 (almost at mastery 5) at saturn, so make sure the mods are available to someone like me.

I also don't really understand what efficiency is and channeling is (the stats people use when they talk about using mods on frames) so if someone could help me understand those stats I would really appreciate it.

I'm broke too, I have no credits. I'm not sure where to get credits too.

23 answers to this question

I am only mastery 4 (almost at mastery 5) at saturn, so make sure the mods and weapons are available to someone like me.

I also don't really understand what efficiency is and channeling is (the stats people use when they talk about using mods on frames) so if someone could help me understand those stats I would really appreciate it.

Edited by Zorra_Fox

8 minutes ago, Zorra_Fox said:

efficiency

efficiency is the stat that determines how much energy an ability drains from your pool. say you have 200 energy and cast an ability that costs 100 energy. if you have 100% efficency (no change from mods) then the ability will cost 100 energy. if you have 150% energy (50% more efficient) then your ability will now cost 50 energy. and it works inversly as well.

10 minutes ago, Zorra_Fox said:

channeling

channeling is something you can do while you have your melee weapon out. you increase the damage your melee weapon does with each hit at the cost of a bit of energy with each hit.

12 minutes ago, Zorra_Fox said:

Dark sector missions are a very good source for credits. most planets have 2 or 3 of them

18 minutes ago, Zorra_Fox said:

Like he said dark sector missions are good but i do the defense dark sector and stay until wave 5 then leave. Then you repeat that when you get enough credits. Also be sure to sell your stuff that you don't need you can get lots of credits that way also.

I won't give you a build to follow, more of an explanation as to what stats affects what power and how so that you can decide on your own the way you want to go. 

(obviously energy reduces the energy cost of each powers, I'll specify any special effect on the power if there is aside from this) 

Shock : the bare bone of Volts kit, it has a decent range, basis power and it can stun enemies briefly. This one is affected by Power, for it's damages, and Range,  which is self-explanatory. 

Speed : as it's name implies it give you a boost, accelerating both movement and melee attack speeds. It benefits from range, to affect your allies from farther away, power, to go even faster, and duration, for it to last longer. 

Electric Shield : it positions a shield in front of you, and as long as it's duration isn't finished it will block absolutely anything coming to it while letting your attacks going through it, with a little bonus electric damage added . You can also charge it with Shock to enhance the damage boost or come to it and pick it up for relocatibg (watch out that consumes a lot of energy and forces you to your secondary). This one takes advantage of, Power, to reinforce the bullets passing through, duration, to last longer AND consume your energy at a slower rate when moving it, and efficiency to consume less energy per second when moving it

Overload : this one sends a wave all around you in a determined perimeter and at a defined speed. Anything coming into contact with it will get stunned and turn into an arc trap for the duration of the power or until it dies. Here the mod benefits from EVERY enhancement of Stat, power for damage, duration for the trap duration but also to slow the rings expansion rate and range for the perimeter affected by the power and the range covered by the traps. 

If you want any other information just ask for it, I have a tendency to write things quite dense. 

As well,  if you have a precise idea of which way you want to go,  say it I'll check on every mod following this path and list them to help you out. 

Edited by Cyriann

10 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

Speed : as it's name implies it give you a boost, accelerating both movement and melee attack speeds. It benefits from range, to affect your allies from farther away, power, to go even faster, and duration, for it to last longer. 

it also increases reload speed (affected by STR) for weapons. 

11 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

range, to extend the area it covers

Range mods Do Not affect Elec Shield.

all in all, Volt (Prime) is a very versitile frame and can be build many different ways

13 minutes ago, Cyriann said:

I won't give you a build to follow, more of an explanation as to what stats affects what power and how so that you can decide on your own the way you want to go. 

(obviously energy reduces the energy cost of each powers, I'll specify any special effect on the power if there is aside from this) 

Shock : the bare bone of Volts kit, it has a decent range, basis power and it can stun enemies briefly. This one is affected by Power, for it's damages, and Range,  which is self-explanatory. 

Electric Shield : it positions a shield in front of you, and as long as it's duration isn't finished it will block absolutely anything coming to it while letting your attacks going through it, with a little bonus electric damage added . You can also charge it with Shock to enhance the damage boost or come to it and pick it up for relocatibg (watch out that consumes a lot of energy and forces you to your secondary). This one takes advantage of, Power, to reinforce the bullets passing through, duration, to last longer AND consume your energy at a slower rate when moving it, range, to extend the area it covers, and efficiency to slow to consume less energy per second when moving it

Overload : this one sends a wave all around you in a determined perimeter and at a defined speed. Anything coming into contact with it will get stunned and turn into an arc trap for the duration of the power or until it dies. Here the mod benefits from EVERY enhancement of Stat, power for damage, duration for the trap duration but also to slow the rings expansion rate and range for the perimeter affected by the power and the range covered by the traps. 

If you want any other information just ask for it, I have a tendency to write things quite dense. 

As well,  if you have a precise idea of which way you want to go,  say it I'll check on every mod following this path and list them to help you out. 

Okay, thanks for the help. Where do I check my warframe's energy, power, range, speed, etc.

Also, I need a good ranged weapon, my boltor does very little damage to enemies now.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

efficiency is the stat that determines how much energy an ability drains from your pool. say you have 200 energy and cast an ability that costs 100 energy. if you have 100% efficency (no change from mods) then the ability will cost 100 energy. if you have 150% energy (50% more efficient) then your ability will now cost 50 energy. and it works inversly as well.

channeling is something you can do while you have your melee weapon out. you increase the damage your melee weapon does with each hit at the cost of a bit of energy with each hit.

Dark sector missions are a very good source for credits. most planets have 2 or 3 of them

Thanks for explaining that!

What are dark sector missions?

9 minutes ago, Zorra_Fox said:

Thanks for explaining that!

What are dark sector missions?

DS missions are adaptations of other missions, but at a higher level and will always be against the infested. say your floating around the earth nodes deciding on what mission to run, each mission node says something like - Capture>Grineer>level 10-13. you also find a node that says Capture>Infested>level 20-23. the Infested mission is the Dark sector mission.

also,

14 minutes ago, Zorra_Fox said:

Okay, thanks for the help. Where do I check my warframe's energy, power, range, speed, etc.

Also, I need a good ranged weapon, my boltor does very little damage to enemies now.

you can find your frames Str, Dur, Eff, and Range while in your arsenal in the bottom right corner of the screen and in the top left when adding mods. there is also a button that you can hit that will show a description of each ability and its stats and how they have been affected by the applied mod. same goes for weapon's stats. 

as for a ranged weapon, every weapon can be a good one. its all about how you have them modded.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

as for a ranged weapon, every weapon can be a good one. its all about how you have them modded.

And here we are talking about Volt for now, we'll cover that part once we finished the frame. Because all in all it falls to taste first. 

I have 2 builds on my Volt Prime : 1 for heavy CC and 1 for Melee. 

On the CC Build concentrate on his 4 with High Range and High Duration with a bit of Efficiency. Strenghts doesnt really matter because whay you are doing is lock the enemies in a really wide area in place. Strenght is good for low levels, but on high levels it can keep them locked for longer since they don't receive as much damage [his 4 has capped damage] 

Combine it with his Augment Capacitance and you can get max overshields in just one use [1650 shields total] for you and your nearby allies. 

On the Melee Build concentrate on his 2 with High Duration High Strength and good Efficiency. Strength affects how fast he is in swinging his weapon or reloading it, Duration affects how long the power lasts, and efficiency to be able to cast is as often as possible. Range doesnt matter unless you want to buff allies as well.

Combine this hiw augment Shocking Speed to shock any enemy within 6 meters of you and with a Berserker Weapon[or Fury untill you get Berseker] and you can be a melee god Flash. 

Edited by aligatorno

2 hours ago, Zorra_Fox said:

I am only mastery 4 (almost at mastery 5) at saturn, so make sure the mods are available to someone like me.

Efficiency cap at 175%, 4th ability will now use 25 energy at the lowest.

MR4? Get friends to carry you to do Sortie, get reward, even the 2,000 Endo builds up over time. People that won't be annoyed of you dieing.

Sortie also give you credits. *smile*. Daily.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

- Read the wiki: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Volt

- Understand how mods works and affect abilities.

- Try yourself some builds while rank max the mods

- Get corrupted mods

- Don't just copy and past builds.

- The most of youtubers not get it at all.

Youtubers make a great example of what people has done, but I did not say some people want to do homework, they might copy it. 

1 hour ago, Zorra_Fox said:

What are corrupted mods?

Thanks for your help.

Mods that you get from the Orokin Derelict. They are dual stat, one positive, one negative.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Derelict

TL;DR

There are old Vault in this tileset where a corrupted mods reside. In order to get to them you must do the following :

1. Build a Derelict Key.You can buy the blueprint from Market.  Capture is the best for farming mods

2. Build Dragon Keys. You get the blueprints from the Dojo , Tenno Lab if i recall corectly. After you craft them, you must equip them in the gear menu. These key have drawbacks, so be careful which one you pick. 

3. Recruit a full party .There are 4 types of keys and the vault can need any type of these keys, so a full party is required for 100% chance of succes. 

4. Start the mission, and search for the vault before / after /or while doing the objective. After is recommended because after taking the mod, Corrupted units will begin spawning. 

You can also post LF Vault Run in the Recruit Chat and find someone to take them with you. You only need dragon keys if you do it like this. 

Edited by aligatorno

Because you're still pretty low level, you won't have access to corrupted mods and other rare mods unless you buy them from other players.  If I were you, I wouldn't worry about min maxing and just go with a general build and use all of Volt's abilities.  Vitality and/or Redirection for survivability.  Streamline for efficiency.  Stretch for range.  Intensity for power strength.  Volt Prime has a huge base energy pool so he can benefit from Flow which increase his energy pool.  Normally I would use one of the three augment mods, but, since you probably have no access to them, just put whatever mod you want in the remaining slots.  Personally I have three Volt Prime builds--a general build for whatever, a speed/melee build, and a crowd control build.  

You say that Boltor isn't doing enough damage on Saturn.  Are you leveling up your damage mod (Serration for primary, Hornet Strike for secondary, Pressure Point for melee)?  Are you using the right elements against specific enemy type?  Volt's Electric Shield increases crit damage and gives electric damage, so shoot through his shield for additional damage.  Stun enemies with Shock or Discharge which gives you a bit more time to pump bullets into the enemies.  You're at MR 4 so you already have access to really good weapons like Hek, Sobek, Atomos, Ignis, and soon Tonkor.  Hek, Sobek, and Atomos will require certain mods, some forma, and potato to make them reach their potential, but even without formas they should still carry you far on the star chart.  Most important thing is keep leveling your damage mods.  You don't need to fully level them, but you do need to get a few levels in.

As for credits, are you smashing all the boxes and opening as many lockers as possible as you go through the game?  I know people like to rush through missions and skip all those containers and lockers, but those little bits of loot add up to quite a bit especially for newer players.  Plus, now those containers and lockers drop ayatan stars which are basically another source of endo so another reason to poke around a bit.  People do credit farm so they do Dark Sector missions like Akkad or they do endless missions like defense, survival, or excavation.  One thing I recommend you don't do is sell mods for credits.  It's not worth it.  Turning mods into endo for leveling other mods is much better than selling them for pittance.  Oh, I don't recommend having a kavat or kubrow at your level.  They're huge money sink for people who have way more money than they need.  It's better to use a sentinel especially now they all have vacuum capability.

6 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

Because you're still pretty low level, you won't have access to corrupted mods and other rare mods unless you buy them from other players.  If I were you, I wouldn't worry about min maxing and just go with a general build and use all of Volt's abilities.  Vitality and/or Redirection for survivability.  Streamline for efficiency.  Stretch for range.  Intensity for power strength.  Volt Prime has a huge base energy pool so he can benefit from Flow which increase his energy pool.  Normally I would use one of the three augment mods, but, since you probably have no access to them, just put whatever mod you want in the remaining slots.  Personally I have three Volt Prime builds--a general build for whatever, a speed/melee build, and a crowd control build.  

You say that Boltor isn't doing enough damage on Saturn.  Are you leveling up your damage mod (Serration for primary, Hornet Strike for secondary, Pressure Point for melee)?  Are you using the right elements against specific enemy type?  Volt's Electric Shield increases crit damage and gives electric damage, so shoot through his shield for additional damage.  Stun enemies with Shock or Discharge which gives you a bit more time to pump bullets into the enemies.  You're at MR 4 so you already have access to really good weapons like Hek, Sobek, Atomos, Ignis, and soon Tonkor.  Hek, Sobek, and Atomos will require certain mods, some forma, and potato to make them reach their potential, but even without formas they should still carry you far on the star chart.  Most important thing is keep leveling your damage mods.  You don't need to fully level them, but you do need to get a few levels in.

As for credits, are you smashing all the boxes and opening as many lockers as possible as you go through the game?  I know people like to rush through missions and skip all those containers and lockers, but those little bits of loot add up to quite a bit especially for newer players.  Plus, now those containers and lockers drop ayatan stars which are basically another source of endo so another reason to poke around a bit.  People do credit farm so they do Dark Sector missions like Akkad or they do endless missions like defense, survival, or excavation.  One thing I recommend you don't do is sell mods for credits.  It's not worth it.  Turning mods into endo for leveling other mods is much better than selling them for pittance.  Oh, I don't recommend having a kavat or kubrow at your level.  They're huge money sink for people who have way more money than they need.  It's better to use a sentinel especially now they all have vacuum capability.

Which weapon out of all of those would you recommend? I already have carrier, and i'm building carrier prime because I got all the blueprints except one from relics. I'm doing the venus dark sector mission. What are formas and potatoes? I never knew what that ment.

I'm trying to go to the derelict with my clan to get some corrupted mods.

10 hours ago, Zorra_Fox said:

Which weapon out of all of those would you recommend? I already have carrier, and i'm building carrier prime because I got all the blueprints except one from relics. I'm doing the venus dark sector mission. What are formas and potatoes? I never knew what that ment.

I'm trying to go to the derelict with my clan to get some corrupted mods.

They're all nice, but I think Hek and (later, when you reach MR5) Tonkor would be good out of the box.  If you don't want to aim to kill things, use Ignis.  Like I said, to reach their full potential you'll need to get some special mods and add a couple of forma to them.  I highly recommend getting the syndicate mod Scattering Justice for Hek.  If you like Hek, you can upgrade to the syndicate weapon Vaykor Hek once you reach MR12.  For Sobek, Acid Shells dropped from Kela is essential and Shattering Justice (note: it's different from the Hek mod but both are from the same syndicate Steel Meridian) is nicetoo if you like having the syndicate proc.  Atomos and Ignis need quite a few formas because Ignis has no polarity slot while Atomos only has a build in Vazarin slot, and you'll need the forma to fit all the fully leveled mods you need.  Atomos shines when you slot Ruinous Extension.

Potatoes are Orokin Reactors (for Warframe and companions) and Orokin Catalyst (for weapons).  They double the mod capacity of your equipment.  Forma changes the polarity in a mod slot of your choosing.  Forma is what makes your equipment stronger/better and it's a way of customizing your equipment.  If you slot a mod of the same polarity as the polarized slot, you can reduce its cost by 50%.  For example, you add a d (Vazarin) to a slot on your warframe.  If you put a fully leveled Vitality, which has the d (Vazarin) polarity, in that d slot, it would only use up 6 points instead of 12 if you put it in an unpolarized slot.  Now you essentially freed up 6 points for another mod.