Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding mags magnetize

Dreamy-Relief

Question

Ok so I've just recently picked up Mag and I've been trying to get her magnetize to properly synergize with some of my weapons but can't seem to get the results I see some people get. For instance when I shoot a fully charged Lanka shot in it. Instead of the shot rotating in the bubble for a few seconds it acts all funky and goes out in a different direction. I've been trying to replicate what's done in this video but can't seem to get it right most of the time.  Am I missing something?

9 answers to this question

It feels to me that this ability is still a buggy mess, I was able to make it work with Mara Detron, but got seriously tired of Mag at this point.

There`s too many variables - you have to consider and balance damage done to initial target (it has to die to trigger explosion), damage converted to DoT and explosion damage, and the projectiles themselves (preferably have to have large innate punchthrough and proc radiation).

Like, for example

If its a weapon that doesnt generate projectiles - multishot and crit mods just got useless, except for killing initial target.

If its a hitscan shotgun - it wont work, pretty much.

If its explosive - damage done by explosion doesnt interact with Magnetise.

Beam weapons interaction was nerfed superhard - dont bother.

And so on, and so on.. its quite a headache. Even worse than finding optimal Gas gun for Saryn.

Yep, this synergy has been nerfed soon after Mag rework.

Her second ability is very glitchy.

It often shrinks on shooting trapped enemy and if you use it against the same unit, like boss - every consecutive cast will work less time.

I hate when DE breaks frames and leaves them flawed for months...

8 minutes ago, Sannidor said:

like boss - every consecutive cast will work less time

This is an intended feature to help prevent stun locking certain enemies like bosses or 'mini' bosses. Otherwise there shouldn't be any diminishing returns on normal enemies. That may be a bug

41 minutes ago, Sannidor said:

Yep, this synergy has been nerfed soon after Mag rework.

Her second ability is very glitchy.

It often shrinks on shooting trapped enemy and if you use it against the same unit, like boss - every consecutive cast will work less time.

I hate when DE breaks frames and leaves them flawed for months...

I have been playing Mag much more often after her rework, i dont see the glitches you mention nor consider her broke as her skills have been functioning much better than before.

Just ran some test with both punch through mods on my miter, running gas proc. Same results, too inconsistent. The projectiles either go out of control or spin a couple times and then dissipate, nothing like what's shown here in which he only uses 2 charge shots to take out lv 140 heavies.....Oh and why does it seem like magnetize's suction shown in the video seem as strong as vaubans? Most enemies just seem to walk right through mines :/

16 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I have been playing Mag much more often after her rework, i dont see the glitches you mention nor consider her broke as her skills have been functioning much better than before.

Try shooting Magnetize bubble with Simulor and dare to tell me this effect was intended.

It even traps Zenistar or Glaive on occasions, not making them more useful but rather turning off their damage completely. 

Use it against different factions with various guns, maxed power range and negative range.