Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Index event weapon?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

Just wanted to know if I misunderstood or if there was supposed to be an event weapon as a reward?

Since the deploy thread also says "Greater rewards, Clan Trophies and Leaderboards will come later when the full variant of The Index goes live."  does it mean we can expect another event with the full variant(odd)or they just referring to the permanent mode like Rathuum, so no weapons are on sight?

9 answers to this question

Rebecca specifically said Event Weapon during Devstream #81 (so to speak).

Who knows, it's pretty unclear at the moment. I have a feeling they just rushed this out incomplete to meet deadlines, hence the 'preview' format we see. Next week, they'll probably have the Halloween Tac Alert and other holiday things, so having the two running simultaneously probably wouldn't be wise. After that, it's November, and hopefully they'll be thinking about TWW.

So The Index pretty much had to launch this week.

6 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

I have a feeling they just rushed this out incomplete to meet deadlines

I have a different feeling. Since, you know, DE has made it pretty clear it can stretch its own deadlines. I think they released a micro version of their new game mode so players could give feedback with less salt than the weeping and gnashing that's been so par for the course on Forums, then add the mode to the game in full once they've got some community feedback. Like a beta test. And I can see why -- a few rounds of Index has already gotten me pretty frustrated at my money-stealing allies, it's no wonder they want to test this on a player base before implementing it.

In regard to OP and a special event weapon, it will almost definitely be a reward from the event of the mode's full release.

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

Rebecca specifically said Event Weapon during Devstream #81 (so to speak).

Who knows, it's pretty unclear at the moment. I have a feeling they just rushed this out incomplete to meet deadlines, hence the 'preview' format we see. Next week, they'll probably have the Halloween Tac Alert and other holiday things, so having the two running simultaneously probably wouldn't be wise. After that, it's November, and hopefully they'll be thinking about TWW.

So The Index pretty much had to launch this week.

Thanks, was remembering something like that in a Devstream, but of course who better than you for the details? :smile:

It's odd, I'm ok with it being a mod-reward only event, I just didn't understand at first because Rebecca's words were different; also, is there a clan leatherboard for the Rathuum permanent mode? Otherwise I don't get that part either.

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

In regard to OP and a special event weapon, it will almost definitely be a reward from the event of the mode's full release.

Uhm, dunno, it never happened to get 2 events that close, with a preview of it and a proper one later one; I mean, the preview has always lead to permanent addition, the one just released is supposed to be the actual Index event.

Next week we'll get the Tactical Alert so I don't think it would make sense to have an event preview+tactical alert+event part 2 in 3 weeks, considering how hard they're trying to work on TWW.

4 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Uhm, dunno, it never happened to get 2 events that close, with a preview of it and a proper one later one; I mean, the preview has always lead to permanent addition, the one just released is supposed to be the actual Index event.

Next week we'll get the Tactical Alert so I don't think it would make sense to have an event preview+tactical alert+event part 2 in 3 weeks, considering how hard they're trying to work on TWW.

It's definitely a shift in attitude as the purpose of events so far has always been to be a test run for permanent game additions. So this is a test run of a test run, so to speak.

Not that I'm complaining if this results in a much better tuned event than the cheesefest Rathuum ended up being...