Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate missions starting to grow and third chin

tastic

Lately the mid to high tier missions are becoming too big, e.g. My last two at highest rank for Steel Meridian, had the same huge room x 4, that plus the same long corridors connecting them makes it easy to get lost and have to back track to double check that its been cleared of rep items.  Solo I expect if all 8 rep items are looted in the mission to take 15mins at best and at worst 20mins.  Those two due to size both took in region of 30mins+   If I had pugged them, there is no chance in hell 2 players would not be at extraction before all 8 are looted with 30 second countdown to extract.  Even solo and I have got 5 or 6 and just can't be arsed to get the last 2-3 and will extract.

Syndicate missions need to get on a diet.

any one else noticed that all capture missions have the most maps around?

and not to hate but why can't we have the added effect of treasure star automaticaly waypointed when picked by a player be added to the syndicate marks... its annoying enough to trust a fellow tenno to search their side of the room and come to find he forgo to waypoint a regular mark cuz a higher tier was nearby.. s i end up with 6/8 instead of 8/8...

I'm just glad that at least animal instinct is mark-friendly... and treasure friendly...

Yeah, there's definitely some bug with the map-randomizing in Syn missions. I mostly run them solo to find all the medallions, and some ext missions can last more than 30 mins due to the large map, most parts not even containing enemies. Also, some of the maps seems that the generator forgets that it's a Syn map, and medallions spawn in a really low rate, especially in the Void. Maybe it's just me not finding them (I don't bother to use loot radars anymore), but I don't think so, as I use to look in every room/corner usually end up with even Ayatan sculptures and finding the Cephalon fragment as well.

Edited by TBone142

Every map has enough elements to not repeat any environment twice.

Sometimes they even create non-euclidian impossible geometry or intersecting blocks causing glitches.

Example: I could not slide through this gap, wall blocked the door - ended with restarting the level

DdS68pi.jpg

57 minutes ago, Extroah said:

So you want them to make the game even easier for you because you want to rush missions? bleh, here we go again.

i think they're actually talking about how syndicate missions lately have been having more and more rooms generated, i find that far to often in most of the mission types (excluding endless cus they work somewhat differently) that like half the map is completely devoid of any spawns, where i can go like 15 rooms off the main path and be completely alone for like 10 of those rooms. frankly when that happens i tend to give up on finding any syndicate medallions that arent close to the main route, since id rather not add half an hour or more to my mission time

1 hour ago, Extroah said:

So you want them to make the game even easier for you because you want to rush missions? bleh, here we go again.

Not easier... just cut out the fluff. I don't want to spend 3 hours on syndicate missions alone just to find all the marks because the missions are a giant sprawling mess of mostly empty rooms.

Just now, AXCrusnik said:

Not easier... just cut out the fluff. I don't want to spend 3 hours on syndicate missions alone just to find all the marks because the missions are a giant sprawling mess of mostly empty rooms.

Haven't encountered that yet so i can't say anything about it. But the Marks are optional for those that want to look for them, so i personally don't see why they should make it easier. If they were mandatory then yeah i would agree, but they are optional.

28 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Haven't encountered that yet so i can't say anything about it. But the Marks are optional for those that want to look for them, so i personally don't see why they should make it easier. If they were mandatory then yeah i would agree, but they are optional.

Why can't people understand this already? It's not about easier or harder. The maps are not meant to be this huge. If you didn't encounter what we're talking about, you can't even imagine how frustrating it is to running around 30+ mins to find the medallions when they used to be scattered around the rooms on or slightly off the main path. I never mind exploring and such even in this game, but after the 5-6th hour-long ext mission with 60 enemies is not that much fun. I also get that they are not mandatory, but they used to be placed better.

It seems to me that the syndicate pickups appear randomly as you play a mission, so that you can clear a room and have a team mate find one that comes in after you left.   That makes it even more frustrating.   I could swear one appeared right in front of me one time.  Uranus defense missions are easy to find the pickups, since there are only so many locations to look on that map.  I have gotten to the point where It is just something to take the monotony of the grind of a mission.   I will look in rooms along the way, but won't go out of the way to find them.  It would be great if there was some sort of an indicator if you are close to one.   

@Chad1661 equip thiefs wit, same icon as a resource/container and if you take a weapon with a penetrating aoe like the Ignis you can destroy the containers and usually if the icon is still there it's a rep item or resource so cut out some of the hassle.

On 10/21/2016 at 2:52 AM, tastic said:

Lately the mid to high tier missions are becoming too big, e.g. My last two at highest rank for Steel Meridian, had the same huge room x 4, that plus the same long corridors connecting them makes it easy to get lost and have to back track to double check that its been cleared of rep items.  Solo I expect if all 8 rep items are looted in the mission to take 15mins at best and at worst 20mins.  Those two due to size both took in region of 30mins+   If I had pugged them, there is no chance in hell 2 players would not be at extraction before all 8 are looted with 30 second countdown to extract.  Even solo and I have got 5 or 6 and just can't be arsed to get the last 2-3 and will extract.

Syndicate missions need to get on a diet.

Yeah, this trend of making the maps far larger than they have any need to be, just to try and make Syndicate Mark hunting take longer, is ridiculous. 

I mean, look...there's a phrase, "Too much of a good thing." Old axiom. And Warframe is really pushing itself toward this. At every turn, its yet another change to try and artificially slow us down, lengthen the time it takes to run missions, etc. Raise your hand if you REALLY want an Exterminate to last for 30-40 minutes. Personally, if it takes me that long to run one of those missions, its the only mission I am going to run that day, as I will be both bored and burned out before its over.