Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prova Augment

KotoKuraken

Question

I recently obtained the augment for the Prova, and I am not amused with it. Not only does it not offer damage potential, the electrical stun is not impressive for the amount of time it takes to execute the charge attack. The Prova's status chance (at least the Vandal's) is more reliable for spreading crowd control status elements than the charge attack from the augment. If it gave a guaranteed (or even half guaranteed stun) on each regular or channeled hit for the Prova, that would make the mod useful, if only for crowd control reasons.

This is a hypothesis until I can get a hold of the mod myself or someone else can confirm or deny the hypothesis. I will say this: I have not used the new mod for the Prova, but from a paper view, it looks horrible. If there's something I'm missing, please tell me.

So the mod gives 180 electrical damage whenever you do a charge attack. The damage is not good, since there is no scaling like the Detron, Jat Kittag, or Sobek augments, and the charge attack is also indeed not good. If you had the luxury of waiting 2-3 seconds to hit the enemy to stun them, you generally wouldn't have needed the crowd control that badly.

Is there anyone out there that has the mod and used it in game that can offer any redeeming qualities? How do the field results compare to this hypothesis? 

Edited by KotoKuraken
Got the Mod, Field Test Has Been Run

15 answers to this question

Don't tell anyone, but from what I've played it's not on a charge attack.

In fact, and I'm sure it's a bug, I simply had to move in range of an enemy and it zapped them.

Damage may be naff but it stuns reliably.

In fact, here's a screenshot of me simply standing next to an Elite Crewman.

sLSthoT.jpg

Edited by DeMonkey

11 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Don't tell anyone, but from what I've played it's not on a charge attack.

In fact, and I'm sure it's a bug, I simply had to move in range of an enemy and it zapped them.

Damage may be naff but it stuns reliably.

In fact, here's a screenshot of me simply standing next to an Elite Crewman.

I've found that the discharge effect sometimes remains active after chaining/spamming charge attacks.

One thing that kind of surprised me when I got this mod and tried it out is that the machete charge attack actually has a usable amount of forward momentum to it. Weirdly enough it works out as you can charge attack and bowl through a group of enemies stunning them all with it quite reliably. The downside of course is that regardless of how effective the stuns are you're still wielding a prova and are stuck with the sundering weave stance.

PROva, the running joke of warframe melee. Just the same was grinding out the even for all the mods and this was the last I needed... Until I read it's description and decided it was even worth my time reading that much into it. Once "on charge attack" is added to NEARLY anything the usability drops to at or below zero IMHO.

5 hours ago, VikingoX said:

Does Primed Reach increase the stun range?

The stun is given anytime an enemy is hit by the Prova, so yes Primed Reach increases the stun since the Prova will hit the enemies further away.

But this goes back to the argument that a status element or regular element would be more efficient it either stunning or killing the enemies anyways, since you have to use a charge attack that takes about 2 or 3 seconds to perform, vs CC on almost every normal hit

Edited by KotoKuraken

7 minutes ago, KotoKuraken said:

The stun is given anytime an enemy is hit by the Prova, so yes Primed Reach increases the stun since the Prova will hit the enemies further away.

So the electrical stun only happens when the Prova connects?

I only tried it quickly when I got it so I might be wrong but it seemed to produce the stun on everything around you, like a field when you charged.

I havent had much playtime recently but I guess I need to do some testing on this.

1 hour ago, KotoKuraken said:

But this goes back to the argument that a status element or regular element would be more efficient it either stunning or killing the enemies anyways, since you have to use a charge attack that takes about 2 or 3 seconds to perform, vs CC on almost every normal hit

He likely meant similar to the aoe on the syndicate melees how they get extended range with reach. Ex. The 5m? Stun aoe becoming 13m? With primed reach.

1 hour ago, VikingoX said:

So the electrical stun only happens when the Prova connects?

I only tried it quickly when I got it so I might be wrong but it seemed to produce the stun on everything around you, like a field when you charged.

I havent had much playtime recently but I guess I need to do some testing on this.

This is a bug as solo testing finds it only working on charge attacks as per MOD description.