Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quanta Vandal Damage?

ChillyWilly

Question

So I just bought quanta vandal from baro today, and looking at the stats its have a good damage, but the question is.. why the damage is so low in the actual game? i fight infested without ancients (as we know, infested doesnt have negative or positive resistance to electric damage) and it deals like.. about 80-200... but.. i have 1,105.8 damage on my quanta vandal (just serration and split chamber)... im thinking the damage is so low because the fire rate, and i wait 1 second and see 3-4 damage count, mostly it about 90-100.. keep in mind there is no ancient around and infested level just making higher health and damage (if im right)... sooo.. why this is happen?

7 answers to this question

It shows damage per ammo used (per second with base fire rate) and arsenal UI sucks and it just increases your damage value by 90% when you slot in split chamber. It actually won't increase your damage, it only gives you 90% chance to deal another instance of damage.

40 minutes ago, WilliamHartono12 said:

So I just bought quanta vandal from baro today, and looking at the stats its have a good damage, but the question is.. why the damage is so low in the actual game? i fight infested without ancients (as we know, infested doesnt have negative or positive resistance to electric damage) and it deals like.. about 80-200... but.. i have 1,105.8 damage on my quanta vandal (just serration and split chamber)... im thinking the damage is so low because the fire rate, and i wait 1 second and see 3-4 damage count, mostly it about 90-100.. keep in mind there is no ancient around and infested level just making higher health and damage (if im right)... sooo.. why this is happen?

The HUD displays damage of continuous beams in 2 ways:

1) either 1 tic per second (total damage per second, which is supposed to be the same than in the Arsenal)

2) either several tics per second (tics per bullet). If you see 200, it's probably that you make ~5 tics per second.

You can change this damage/tics in the Options depending on what you feel is most satisfying/clear, if i'm not mistaken.

Thread Rip Lined from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

As a beam weapon it benefits greatly from rate of fire mods, like Shred, Speed Trigger, and most of all Vile Acceleration.  Also it's so accurate you can use Heavy Caliber with next to no accuracy penalty, and it can also get over 100% status chance pretty easily.

When you've got 1,732.8 electric, 3,638.9 gas, 2.2 fire rate, 121% status per second, and 1.2m of punch through, it tears through crowds in seconds.

the Damage rating in the Arsenal won't perfectly reflect Damage Numbers. Continuous Weapons are needlessly complex and silly, just point at Enemies without ceasing to hit them for a 'long' time and it'll perform well.

2 hours ago, Naftal said:

It actually won't increase your damage

Continuous Weapons get a Damage Multiplier proportional to the amount of Multishot.

59 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the Damage rating in the Arsenal won't perfectly reflect Damage Numbers. Continuous Weapons are needlessly complex and silly, just point at Enemies without ceasing to hit them for a 'long' time and it'll perform well.

Continuous Weapons get a Damage Multiplier proportional to the amount of Multishot.

Doesn't it just give more damage ticks, not increase the numbers?