The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur solo t4 survival

Pmueck3

Question

Hello,

with my current build i have around 59.55 min in solo void survival . Now i was wondering if the ''professionals'' could check out my build (excalibur + prisma skana) it's a wannabe exalted blade build (i run about 99% of the time Exalted blade and only blind enemy's i can't easly take and eximus) . my endgoal would be atleast 80 minutes on survival on lua. i would love to have the same results with ''hate'' but i know that won't happen :p . if you have a build for hate that would accomplish this i would be glad to have and try it :D

excalibur :http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Excalibur/t_30_4420223320_2-3-10-3-8-5-4-6-5-12-4-10-19-1-10-27-9-3-57-0-5-59-2-3-479-5-10-481-7-10_57-8-19-7-59-5-2-12-12-8-479-7-4-5-481-7-3-18-27-9_14/en/1-0-5/0

prisma skana:http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Prisma_Skana/t_30_230000002_224-2-5-226-4-5-238-6-3-239-3-5-307-8-3-327-5-3-358-7-3-360-1-5-733-0-10_733-7-360-6-224-9-239-9-226-9-327-7-238-7-358-7-307-10/en/4-0-81/0

9 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Why Quick Thinking?

Why not? QT is really useful even if QT can be bugged sometimes.

18 minutes ago, Pmueck3 said:

I got almost the same build. I don't have steel fiber & blind rage because I'm using transient fortitude & fleeting expertise instead of them.

For your skana build I recommand you lifestrike. This is really good with Exalted blade (even without EB).

EDIT: yup QT+rage+primed flow=increase highly your survivability.

Edited by CGs_Knackie

Just now, CGs_Knackie said:

Why not? QT is really useful even if QT can be bugged sometimes.

I got almost the same build. I don't have steel fiber & blind rage because I'm using transient fortitude & fleeting expertise instead of them.

For your skana build I recommand you lifestrike. This is really good with Exalted blade (even without EB).

any mod you would switch to life strike in skana build ?and howlong do you survive in there ?

7 minutes ago, Pmueck3 said:

any mod you would switch to life strike in skana build ?and howlong do you survive in there ?

Probably one 60/60.

It increases highly because you take back health & with rage you take back energy you got an endless spiral.

QT+rage+primed flow+lifestrike->you are definitely more resistant.

Edited by CGs_Knackie

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Wouldn't you get significantly more damage from broken war rather than the skana?

well i was thinking of hate , but then i can't find a good build for that weapon with a playstyle like this

2 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Naramon focus and you are good to go ^.^ 

i'm in naramon focus ^^ , but i never get pass that 60 min mark let alone i'll be able to survive on lua , i can't even kill those sentients easly (blind + exalted on them)

2 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Why do you call your topic "Excalibur solo T4 survival" ?
T4 survival no longer exist D:

Mot has the same multipliers as T4 survival. Vor spawns there as well. It's practically the new T4 Survival and the node people test their limits on, these days.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Take off buzzkill cause it's not gonna benefit exalted blade, and instead of 60% mods use 90% mods for more damage. For excal take off blind rage and put transient fortitude.

Personally I don't use QT because he only has 425 energy, but since your trying to solo I guess that can stay.

Buzzkill does benefit Exalted Blade. EB has a balanced IPS base damage. Buzzkill skewers the damage in favor of slash and you should do that for an EB endgame build. Dual stat mods are also desireable if you plan to go past the lvl150 mark. Though, I'd only utilize 2 to not dilute the proc table too much. The reason that kind of build is viable despite the low base slash damage and status chance, is EB's attack speed, absurdly high base damage making every single slash proc incredibly powerful and Excal's blind. In case you weren't aware, blinds scale twice for slash procs generated by melee weapons. You get the stealth multiplier on the initial hit that procs the bleeding (the slash proc will scale off the base damage multiplied by the stealth bonus), as well as on every single tick of the bleed damage. You basically just need a single slash proc to more than make up for the damage you lose  using a status hybrid build over a raw damage build.

Edited by iSmallfry

16 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

If your strategy is to always blind before kill, I reccomend Gas for your Exalted Blade. If you plan to go to ridiculous levels, blind and Covert Lethality.

Covert Lethality doesn't work on EB. It's treated as an empty mod slot while the ability is active.

But yes, definitely build for Gas + Status Chance if you Blind a lot. Especially if you're planning on going past level 100 enemies. (Just be aware that it lowers your not-Blinded damage harshly, so while your damage will scale better, you'll also become reliant on Blind at lower levels than a raw-damage build.)

4 hours ago, iSmallfry said:

I'd only utilize 2 to not dilute the proc table

Go Corrosive + Blast and use all 4. It has numerous synergies and advantages. Otherwise, you are completely correct.

5 hours ago, Pmueck3 said:

with my current build i have around 59.55 min in solo void survival .

I've done around 70 minutes without Naramon and over 2 hours with. In both cases, I wasn't relying on Quick Thinking. I consider spending 2 extra mod slots to be a waste. Also, if you're going into overstayed survivals with Naramon as your main source of survivability - you can skip survivability mods entirely.

Considering your builds:

Frame - you never want to use Blind Rage on EBlade Excalibur. There are currently no Blind Rage builds for EBlade that are effective. Maxing your efficiency should be a top priority. 155% Power Strength is enough to pull you through at least 100 minutes.

Weapon - I don't recommend going crit. Going full status ends up being better. In terms of pure damage types, Corrosive + Cold is better than Corrosive + Fire.

General advice on how to do Survivals - melee stuff and Spin Blind if stuff doesn't die immediately.

40 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

definitely build for Gas + Status Chance if you Blind a lot

Gas EBlade is poorly suited for Survivals. You'll be running out of energy all the time, as the build is pretty much incapable of killing anything without blinding it first. Not to mention, it falls off terribly around enemy level 300 or so.

Edited by Epsik-kun

15 hours ago, iSmallfry said:

Buzzkill does benefit Exalted Blade. EB has a balanced IPS base damage. Buzzkill skewers the damage in favor of slash and you should do that for an EB endgame build. Dual stat mods are also desireable if you plan to go past the lvl150 mark. Though, I'd only utilize 2 to not dilute the proc table too much. The reason that kind of build is viable despite the low base slash damage and status chance, is EB's attack speed, absurdly high base damage making every single slash proc incredibly powerful and Excal's blind. In case you weren't aware, blinds scale twice for slash procs generated by melee weapons. You get the stealth multiplier on the initial hit that procs the bleeding (the slash proc will scale off the base damage multiplied by the stealth bonus), as well as on every single tick of the bleed damage. You basically just need a single slash proc to more than make up for the damage you lose  using a status hybrid build over a raw damage build.

In order for it to benefit eb. The slash would have to be 75% more than the impact and puncture.

12 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

Go Corrosive + Blast and use all 4. It has numerous synergies and advantages. Otherwise, you are completely correct.

I've done around 70 minutes without Naramon and over 2 hours with. In both cases, I wasn't relying on Quick Thinking. I consider spending 2 extra mod slots to be a waste. Also, if you're going into overstayed survivals with Naramon as your main source of survivability - you can skip survivability mods entirely.

Considering your builds:

Frame - you never want to use Blind Rage on EBlade Excalibur. There are currently no Blind Rage builds for EBlade that are effective. Maxing your efficiency should be a top priority. 155% Power Strength is enough to pull you through at least 100 minutes.

Weapon - I don't recommend going crit. Going full status ends up being better. In terms of pure damage types, Corrosive + Cold is better than Corrosive + Fire.

General advice on how to do Survivals - melee stuff and Spin Blind if stuff doesn't die immediately.

Gas EBlade is poorly suited for Survivals. You'll be running out of energy all the time, as the build is pretty much incapable of killing anything without blinding it first. Not to mention, it falls off terribly around enemy level 300 or so.

EB has a base status chance of 10%. Adding 2 additional dual stat mods yields a bonus of 12%, in exchange of adding a proc that's suboptimal at best, to the equation. Not to mention, it takes 2 mod slots. Said proc would have the same chance of triggering as your secondary proc, by the way (in your case corrosive; slash being your primary). Seeing how your desired elemental proc already has a hard time competing with the physical procs, as those take a x4 priority over elemental ones, it's not exactly efficient to add additional procs to the table. I mean, if you really wanted a knockdown, you could just utilize EB's "E hold"- combo. There are much better alternatives to upgrade your status game. For instance, maximizing RoF. While attack speed does not increase your status/hit, it does affect your status/sec. Incidentally, it helps with crit/sec as well, making naramon that much more reliable. Speaking of crit, including it into your melee build enables you to achieve slash procs that tick for up to 40k-ish on the waves of regular swings (provided that enemies are blinded). As for the choice of elements, personally, I use viral on my EB build. Disgustingly high DoT, that bypasses any form of resistance, goes a long way with the ability to straightout halve enemy HP. Also, seeing EB's relatively low status chance, I feel like it's much more efficient to use a proc you only need to trigger once, over a proc that needs to be stacked several times, before being truly effective. That's especially true for ridiculously high-leveled enemies.

You can actually use a rank 2 Blind Rage and use a maxed Streamline and Fleeting Expertise to offset the negative efficiency. A rank 2 Blind rage is akin to an additional Intensify.

Edited by iSmallfry

1 hour ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

In order for it to benefit eb. The slash would have to be 75% more than the impact and puncture.

Damagewise, yes. Then again, physical damage mods are rarely worth it, in terms of raw damage. In this case, Buzzkill is solely used to manipulate proc probability in favor of slash.

2 minutes ago, iSmallfry said:

EB has a base status chance of 10%

It multishots though. Up-close EBlade has roughly the same status potential as 20% status weapon of similar attack speed. It also serves as a net increase of your Slash proc chance, without really seriously harming your secondary proc.

Hold combo only knocks down from afar. Up-close it's a blow-back, not really useful. Including crit drops your non-Naramon DPS considerably, as well as it drops your Slash proc reliability.

Going attack speed is not mutually exclusive with going full status. You can have 4 Dual-Stats, Primed Fury and Berserker up, and you'll be totally fine (it's the best build actually).

Going Corrosive + Blast paired with Naramon will get you through armored enemy level 200 without having to rely on Spin Blind, which compensates for the nerf Excal had received. It's impossible for Viral - your damage will fall off too soon.

Spin Blinds will take you up to level 500 or so.

12 minutes ago, iSmallfry said:

You can actually use a rank 2 Blind Rage and use a maxed Streamline and Fleeting Expertise to offset the negative efficiency. A rank 2 Blind rage is akin to an additional Intensify.

I just use maxed Transient.

2 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

It multishots though. Up-close EBlade has roughly the same status potential as 20% status weapon of similar attack speed. It also serves as a net increase of your Slash proc chance, without really seriously harming your secondary proc.

Hold combo only knocks down from afar. Up-close it's a blow-back, not really useful. Including crit drops your non-Naramon DPS considerably, as well as it drops your Slash proc reliability.

Going attack speed is not mutually exclusive with going full status. You can have 4 Dual-Stats, Primed Fury and Berserker up, and you'll be totally fine (it's the best build actually).

Going Corrosive + Blast paired with Naramon will get you through armored enemy level 200 without having to rely on Spin Blind, which compensates for the nerf Excal had received. It's impossible for Viral - your damage will fall off too soon.

Spin Blinds will take you up to level 500 or so.

I just use maxed Transient.

" It multishots though. Up-close EBlade has roughly the same status potential as 20% status weapon of similar attack speed. It also serves as a net increase of your Slash proc chance, without really seriously harming your secondary proc."

Well, the multshot function is not exclusive to a full status build.

"Hold combo only knocks down from afar. Up-close it's a blow-back, not really useful. "

True enough. Though, that's only a limitation depending on your playstyle. Personally, i rely more on hitting as many enemies as possible with waves, rather than getting up close to a single enemy to use the actual melee strikes, to maximize wave clearing potential.

"Including crit drops your non-Naramon DPS considerably, as well as it drops your Slash proc reliability."

That's actually false. In terms of raw dps (or on-paper dps if you will), EB with 2 dual stats and crit mods will outperform the quadrapble dual stat build, even without Naramon. Naramon will push the crit rate from 24% to ~32%, though.As for slash proc reliability, I disagree in both points, effectivity and probability. Including crit mods does not weaken the damage of your regular slash procs, by any means. On the contrary, it does not only increase the chances of "crit procs" (slash procs generated by crits), it also increases the potential damage those procs can deal. Adding 2 additional dual stat mods will increase your chance to proc a status at all, but will also decrease your probability of proccing a specific status, by adding a new variable. Thus, it actually gimps the reliability of your slash procs, as well as that of your scondary proc, in terms of probability. That's especially true for your secondary status, as that shares the very same chance to proc as the newly added variable.

"Going attack speed is not mutually exclusive with going full status. You can have 4 Dual-Stats, Primed Fury and Berserker up, and you'll be totally fine (it's the best build actually)."

It does not, but it does deny the possibility of going RoF/crit/status.

"Going Corrosive + Blast paired with Naramon will get you through armored enemy level 200 without having to rely on Spin Blind, which compensates for the nerf Excal had received. It's impossible for Viral - your damage will fall off too soon. "

That's just not true, at all. Not using the blind does not make your slash procs magically disappear. Even without the blind, you can generate slash procs that are capapble of dealing several thousands of damage per tick. Those "crit procs" hurt a lot, you know? Once again, High amounts of "true damage" straight to the enemy HP, paired with the ability to halve enemy HP, scales extremely well into endgame. The only scenario where i would find corrosive+blast outdo viral+slash/crit without the blind, is if you had Naramon activated and procced blast on the very first hit, due to the "awareness reset".But yeah, chances are, you won't proc blast on the very first hit. The reason i'm specifically saying "the 1st hit" here, is due to the time it takes for the "awareness reset" to kick in. You know, they fall,they lie there, and then during the recovery animation, that's when it happens. If you procc it after 5 or so hits and then have to wait for them to get up, before you manage to kill them, chances are, you won't be faster than viral+slash/crit.Also, to pick up your argument, it "drops your non-Naramon DPS considerably".

"Spin Blinds will take you up to level 500 or so."

To be honest, I don't use the spin blind, at all. you pay ~half the energy of a regular blind for 1/5 the range and ~1/3 the duration. That's the epitome of inefficiency to me. Sure, it might be faster, but for me, who strives to maximize waveclear potential, it just doesn't do the job.

" I just use maxed Transient. "

I use max. TF,Intensify, r2 Blind Rage and Power Drift for a total of 227% power strength.

Edited by iSmallfry