Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hope that Drifting Contact is the long awaited buff for the Exalted melee

Epsik-kun

Exalted weapons don't need buffs, at all. Exalted blade already deals tons of damage with normal mods and power strenght. Same for Valkyr's Hysteria, that oneshots most of the enemies in the solar system and does a quick job in sortie missions. If we add Body count/drifting contact with Blood rush to it.... agh, it will be so discuting!

Nah, in regard of combo counter, i'd like to see the passive combo (3 secs) buffed a little. Maybe up to 6, while downgrading body count and drifiting contact 3 seconds too. That way we'll achieve the same maximum we have now, new players will have an easier time with melee and exalted weapons will have a slight boost (specially Wukong, whose passive i think is rather weak)

That way both mods will become less mandatory, but still very useful in any build :P

Edited by Arandabido

I dont really see the problem with this mod affecting exalted abilities, it isnt much difference than spamming one heavy unit and reacing x2/x2.5 damage, is a damage amount who is already there.

Regular melee weapons reach even higher amounts of damage with the bloodrush + bodycount combo, all while being way more energy efficient.

In certain cases like hysteria, the recent changes makes pretty much impossible to mod for a decent amount of power strength, the problem of melee stats transfering into this abilities was fixed, leaving more room for weapon choice but the problem is here again, except now the problem is with mod restriction.

Two solutions here, increase the combo duration for this abilities to 10 seconds by default or make power duration affect the combo counter, i dont seriously get DE point of view with this abilities, they are falling behind more and more with each unique mods.

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Drifting Contact applying to weapon ultimates that use melee mods (Exated Blade, Hysteria, etc.) is being treated as a bug at this time. 

This is sad news. Especially in the light of all Exalted melee being plainly weaker and worse than several regular melees in hands of frames with zero melee synergies.

I can understand not allowing Blood Rush and Maiming Strike on Exalted melee, but Drifting Contact on its own is still unlikely to boost them to the level of regular melee, to be honest. Abilities themselves were severely nerfed multiple times, while everything else got boosted by a few orders of magnitude.

I already stopped hoping for Exalted melee to be "the best" option, despite requiring a constant energy sustain and the whole frame to be built around them to do a weapon's job. The only thing I'm hoping for now is for them not to become "irrelevant".

Edited by Epsik-kun

On 10/29/2016 at 4:09 AM, achromos said:

I'm not even going to THINK about trying to get this mod, >.>

It will be nerfed, excuse me... fixed and Wukong will return to obscurity because every time a team-mate nukes the room you drop your combo counter and 50% of the ability's mechanic is set back to the beginning.

It's still a good melee mod even if it doesn't work with Exalted Melee

i mean this mod makes wukong actually feel useful on a team and not just in solo play or the stupid sorties, i really hope they decide to keep this "bug" and just make it into a feature or if they don't want this mod to be used for exalted melees, give us something else like a syndicate augment mod or allow duration to add time to the exalted melee timer or something because 3 seconds and poof on the combo makes me choose to run with other frames since their kits don't revolve around the exalted melees

The concept that a melee specific frame is worse at a melee mechanic such as Combo Counter is just absurd.

Whether or not the combo counter was to serve a different purpose than it does now is kinda relevant at this point.

A frame with no melee capacity is better than a melee specific frame which not only has to mod for it but deal with energy drain.

This entire situation is due to the band-aid mod method.  Instead of improving each weapon's base damage, crit & status individually. Grossly overpowered mods such as Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds were introduced and as all band-aid solutions; another aspect of the game suffers.

4 hours ago, Arandabido said:

Exalted weapons don't need buffs, at all. Exalted blade already deals tons of damage with normal mods and power strenght. Same for Valkyr's Hysteria, that oneshots most of the enemies in the solar system and does a quick job in sortie missions. If we add Body count/drifting contact with Blood rush to it.... agh, it will be so discuting!

Nah, in regard of combo counter, i'd like to see the passive combo (3 secs) buffed a little. Maybe up to 6, while downgrading body count and drifiting contact 3 seconds too. That way we'll achieve the same maximum we have now, new players will have an easier time with melee and exalted weapons will have a slight boost (specially Wukong, whose passive i think is rather weak)

That way both mods will become less mandatory, but still very useful in any build :P

Why only go partway to fixing melee? They should just increase the base combo counter time to 15 seconds and keep body count incase someone wants to add even more time which would allow people to have more diverse melee builds instead of Br/Bc for everything. It's a very simple fix and I'm confused at why DE still hasn't done it.

5 hours ago, Dovahheim said:

Why only go partway to fixing melee? They should just increase the base combo counter time to 15 seconds and keep body count incase someone wants to add even more time which would allow people to have more diverse melee builds instead of Br/Bc for everything. It's a very simple fix and I'm confused at why DE still hasn't done it.

Dunno, i don't feel melee "needs fixing" that much. Specially for the majority of quest and the solar rail. Some weapons (specially in the hands of capable melee weapons) are (and were) devastating enough. I don't think you require 12 seconds passive to deal enough damage, but 6 or 5 are good enough with what we have already.

44 minutes ago, Arandabido said:

Dunno, i don't feel melee "needs fixing" that much. Specially for the majority of quest and the solar rail. Some weapons (specially in the hands of capable melee weapons) are (and were) devastating enough. I don't think you require 12 seconds passive to deal enough damage, but 6 or 5 are good enough with what we have already.

Melee is the most flawed mechanic in this game outside the damage system itself.....

Before Blood Rush melee damage output was a complete joke outside stealth users and to fix that they added Acolyte mods. What they should have done is simply fix the mechanic and the items involved but they went with mods which has not only taken up 2 slots in our melee weapons but it's further cemented a Crit meta to our melee.

I don't believe the combo counter was actually designed to last in the first place. It was for chaining combos one after another to deal with heavy resistance and then it fades but due to the pathetic damage output melee was yielding I guess they decided to throw it in as a full time mechanic and now that it is, they choose to deny melee specific frames the much needed boost.

This is all besides the fact that only like 3 frames can actually melee past lvl 80 without stealth and not die instantly to begin with.

4 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Melee is the most flawed mechanic in this game outside the damage system itself.....

Before Blood Rush melee damage output was a complete joke outside stealth users and to fix that they added Acolyte mods. What they should have done is simply fix the mechanic and the items involved but they went with mods which has not only taken up 2 slots in our melee weapons but it's further cemented a Crit meta to our melee.

I don't believe the combo counter was actually designed to last in the first place. It was for chaining combos one after another to deal with heavy resistance and then it fades but due to the pathetic damage output melee was yielding I guess they decided to throw it in as a full time mechanic and now that it is, they choose to deny melee specific frames the much needed boost.

This is all besides the fact that only like 3 frames can actually melee past lvl 80 without stealth and not die instantly to begin with.

Ehh - melee has always been good. Just under appreciated. I go against 100+ enemies all the time with melee and don't die...

7 minutes ago, RacerDelux said:

Ehh - melee has always been good. Just under appreciated. I go against 100+ enemies all the time with melee and don't die...

The point was it was completely inferior to range damage output. 

Melee should always either do more damage or be more durable than ranged and neither were the case before Acolyte mods. Melee was simply not worth using at all unless you had stealth multipliers.

I for sure did not under appreciate melee, I go for melee in most games I play and melee in this game was very lack luster.

body count and drifting contact on there own for exalted weapons are actually a good thing. the issue is how powerful bloodrush is. that alone if valkyr could use can make her do 300%+ crit rate well she already does stupid amounts without crits

Edited by jofdeath

15 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

This is sad news. Especially in the light of all Exalted melee being plainly weaker and worse than several regular melees in hands of frames with zero melee synergies.

This.

Exalted Melee as an ult is a joke simply because you can do better with certain melee builds. Valkyr at least has invul with her ult but Excal and Wukong don't. A RBlind+good melee build is stronger than Exalted Blade Excal, all the while more effective due to RBlind CC and no need to use energy when using the weapon.

Exalted Melee should get the same mods as any other melee weapon to make actually better than regular melee. If they're too powerful, just nerf their usage. Meaning, a disincentive for their prolonged use. You know, like how Hysteria works. If EB and Primal Fury is too powerful to be used from start to finish, add a counter where every few seconds the energy cost goes up and they had to be turned off to make the counter goes down. So these abilities would be brought out when the situation is appropriate, like needing to kill strong enemies fast, but not be turned on all the damn time.

For instance, every 5 seconds, EB and PF gets a "penalty level" where the energy cost goes up 50% until it reached a max of 1000% (at the 20th level, after EB/PF been on for 100 seconds). If they're turned off, the "penalty level" goes down a level every second. So to get back to normal energy cost, they have to "rest" for 20 seconds. How would this play? You pull out Exalted Blade and kill the enemies, then turn it off before you run out of energy too fast. This is, in effect, a soft "cool down". Where the use of the ability is not limited by a hard timer but by cost efficiency.

On 2016-11-10 at 6:37 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Drifting Contact applying to weapon ultimates that use melee mods (Exated Blade, Hysteria, etc.) is being treated as a bug at this time. 

Well that's a sure good way to once again obscure exalted weapons in the shafters. AGAIN.

On 11/12/2016 at 6:27 AM, JalakBali said:

This.

Exalted Melee as an ult is a joke simply because you can do better with certain melee builds. Valkyr at least has invul with her ult but Excal and Wukong don't. A RBlind+good melee build is stronger than Exalted Blade Excal, all the while more effective due to RBlind CC and no need to use energy when using the weapon.

Exalted Melee should get the same mods as any other melee weapon to make actually better than regular melee. If they're too powerful, just nerf their usage. Meaning, a disincentive for their prolonged use. You know, like how Hysteria works. If EB and Primal Fury is too powerful to be used from start to finish, add a counter where every few seconds the energy cost goes up and they had to be turned off to make the counter goes down. So these abilities would be brought out when the situation is appropriate, like needing to kill strong enemies fast, but not be turned on all the damn time.

For instance, every 5 seconds, EB and PF gets a "penalty level" where the energy cost goes up 50% until it reached a max of 1000% (at the 20th level, after EB/PF been on for 100 seconds). If they're turned off, the "penalty level" goes down a level every second. So to get back to normal energy cost, they have to "rest" for 20 seconds. How would this play? You pull out Exalted Blade and kill the enemies, then turn it off before you run out of energy too fast. This is, in effect, a soft "cool down". Where the use of the ability is not limited by a hard timer but by cost efficiency.

I could not have said it better myself.

DE, this is something you need to address.

if use of Melee Combo Mods is so important, then be willing to take a division of Damage of these Ability Melee Weapons by ~3-4.5.
then sure, you could use all the Hit Counter related Mods you'd like.

Edited by taiiat

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/10/2016 at 11:31 PM, Nariala said:

Exalted weapons are something you currently have to either go all in for or just not use at all.

This mod is unlikely to be intentionally buffing that, and will probably be removed.

However it is a good thought to voice the concerns for exalted abilities. While fun, tend to destroy the rest of a frames toolkit if you specialize in them. 

I agree in some content however excalibur has a toolkit which perfectly goes with EB