The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You better be joking about friendly fire

ShiraHagane

7 hours ago, ShiraHagane said:

if not, this has to take the cherry for worst idea ever

Did you read about the Nightmare Mode "Hardcore" for certain new super rare mods?

If you die, that frame is erased permanently with all gear carried into the mission and must all be re-acquired.  If Vaulted, you are SoL.

Now THAT'S a Nightmare Mode...

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Did you read about the Nightmare Mode "Hardcore" for certain new super rare mods?

If you die, that frame is erased permanently with all gear carried into the mission and must all be re-acquired.  If Vaulted, you are SoL.

...Excuse me?

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

6 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

...Excuse me?

Image result for troll bait

5 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

Maybe he meant "people should always solo nightmare missions... just because". :D

Uhg, pass.

I only PUG a Nightmare if I don't have what its offering these days.  I used to run them all the time, but my main team for Nightmares got the "Warframe sux" bug a couple years ago.

Friendly fire as a nightmare mission modifier is frankly brilliant. Its almost exactly what I wanted them to do from the start when we first had the FF discussion. Most people just wanted it thrown in but having played a lot of games with FF enabled (like arma 3) I knew that was a bad idea. Having it added as a nightmare modification is really the second best way to impliment it. At least this way you know going in what you're getting into if you or others choose not to be careful and consistantly check your fire then thats on the players not the game

1 hour ago, Noamuth said:

But, IIRC you don't know what nightmare condition you'll have.  

So they simply shouldn't play Nightmare at all?

Well, when I looked earlier the conditions were shown.   Only had time for low level but it the condition was listed.   That being said, even if it wasn't, just like in the past, plenty of gutless players that would join, didn't like the condition and bail.   They are free to do that till they find one they do.   Was funny to watch them rejoin and  bail a couple times till they went away, hopefully angry.

2 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

It's funny to read how everyone's excited about friendly fire and can't wait to make good use of it, but then when we speak about Conclave we all agree to hate PvP , lol. 

Friendly fire doesn't mean you should aim to kill other players at any cost. Conclave rewards that. Huge difference. Also, FF NM are optional, so you can always solo the missions. None of them are really hard.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

Question, does this apply to abilities as well or just weapons / companions?

If the latter and you know a head of time it's going to be a friendly-fire one, just.....I don't know, prepare?

In the sense that not to bring an ignis for example lol. Beyond that you really have to be trying to shoot a bullet-jumping maniac teammate for it to matter honestly. But again, this is under the assumption only weapons are affected.

If the former, one way to look at it, is to treat it like a Radiation Sortie. Prepare ahead, be aware of what you're bringing and that you're not solo'ing / you're cooperating with 1 to 3 other players~

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

19 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

Well, when I looked earlier the conditions were shown.   Only had time for low level but it the condition was listed.   That being said, even if it wasn't, just like in the past, plenty of gutless players that would join, didn't like the condition and bail.   They are free to do that till they find one they do.   Was funny to watch them rejoin and  bail a couple times till they went away, hopefully angry.

1 hour ago, EmptyDevil said:

You can see what the nightmare condition is before starting the mission now.

1 hour ago, Noamuth said:

Oh good!