Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Iron Skin + Flame Repellant

kyori

Question

11 answers to this question

Iron Skin works more like a layer before other mitigations.

For instance Iron Skin does not reduce damage taken when you block.  Trinity's Blessing also does not apply to Iron Skin. I'm not 100% for dodge roll mitigation but most layers of mitigation are applied after Iron Skin.

It of course makes no sense but neither does bleeding through your shields.

4 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Iron Skin works more like a layer before other mitigations.

For instance Iron Skin does not reduce damage taken when you block.  Trinity's Blessing also does not apply to Iron Skin. I'm not 100% for dodge roll mitigation but most layers of mitigation are applied after Iron Skin.

It of course makes no sense but neither does bleeding through your shields.

i wish they would make it so iron skin's damage taken is affect by damage reduction, it would actually make him a tank

11 minutes ago, Varacal said:

i wish they would make it so iron skin's damage taken is affect by damage reduction, it would actually make him a tank

He can still pull 30-40k Iron Skin on avg. Highest I've seen was 403k.

He can get around the same defensive power as Chroma / Mesa / Nekros but unlike those frames you have to dunce his other abilities to get a good number.

Adding the ability to block and actively mitigation the damage you take would put some brain cells into playing him for sure. Right now he's just better as CC/Utility because you can't otherwise reduce the damage you take.

58 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

He can still pull 30-40k Iron Skin on avg. Highest I've seen was 403k.

He can get around the same defensive power as Chroma / Mesa / Nekros but unlike those frames you have to dunce his other abilities to get a good number.

i wont really consider cheesing his iron skin on par with what chroma/mesa/nekros has, for ironclad charge, its not like you can always hit a bunch of grouped up enemies, and a radiation proc is not really available to let your allies attack you, so no

23 minutes ago, Varacal said:

i wont really consider cheesing his iron skin on par with what chroma/mesa/nekros has, for ironclad charge, its not like you can always hit a bunch of grouped up enemies, and a radiation proc is not really available to let your allies attack you, so no

You only have to charge like 4 enemies for 30k Iron Skin and he has instant recovery of that HP unlike the other frames I mentioned.

On 28/10/2016 at 0:30 PM, (XB1)SeiryokuGust said:

I used it in the 3rd mission of the Nightwatch Alert event, the idea was using Enber and world of fire recharging energy with the heat proc and the repellant for the obvius reason. The funny thing is all the squad had the same idea and starting tha mission the 3 of us were "woaaaa... tree Embers"

Did it work?

On 29/10/2016 at 10:30 AM, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Did it work?

Well, yes and no.

Yes because the proc was fuelig my energy, and we finished the mision with some revives, some health/energy restores and some loses of life. And no because I wasn't being efficient and WOF was wasting energy very fast with little effect. Of course those were high level enemies.

A little advantage is I moded Ember with the Firequake mod.