Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want to Beat a Record on Warframe...But...

ScoutAA

Question

We all know Warframe's support team is awful. You can get banned for LITERALLY ANYTHING (even criticism). I want to beat a record with my clan on Warframe but because you can get banned so easily I want to know if I can be safe from getting a ban for suspicious activity.

18 answers to this question

why do you have to be suspicious -_-

not sure that it s needed to beat a record

unless you use third party to help you and well legit to get banned for that

Also it s not ture DE dont actually ban randomly

How would that get you banned? And what kind of Record? lol. If it's a record on how long you can swear in the Chat before getting banned then yeah obviously you will get a ban. If it's just a time-record or something then no, i dont think so.

18 minutes ago, ScoutAA said:

We all know Warframe's support team is awful. You can get banned for LITERALLY ANYTHING (even criticism). I want to beat a record with my clan on Warframe but because you can get banned so easily I want to know if I can be safe from getting a ban for suspicious activity.

I beat the records on Void T4 defense and took the leaderboard with some friends.

I was not banned.

If you do it the legit way, you have nothing to fear

1 minute ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

I beat the records on Void T4 defense and took the leaderboard with some friends.

I was not banned.

If you do it the legit way, you have nothing to fear

You might of been lucky. I've seen people get banned before because they got #1 in the leaderboards. But (maybe) rip. Imma try.

11 minutes ago, Extroah said:

How would that get you banned? And what kind of Record? lol. If it's a record on how long you can swear in the Chat before getting banned then yeah obviously you will get a ban. If it's just a time-record or something then no, i dont think so.

I mean the LeaderBoards.

1 minute ago, Weidro said:

lets put it this way

as long as you don't use any exploits, glitches, bugs, cheats or third party programs you should be fine

if you are still worried id recommend to record the whole session as evidence that you did nothing against the TOS or EULA

If I use the best squad build (NEVER TELLING ANYONE UNLESS I HAVE TO SHOW THE VIDEO) would that be exploiting the game?

1 minute ago, ScoutAA said:

If I use the best squad build (NEVER TELLING ANYONE UNLESS I HAVE TO SHOW THE VIDEO) would that be exploiting the game?

if "the best squad" is just combining different abilitys of different frames then you are fine

but if you use abilitys to get e.g. out of the map then that's a glitch

just stay within the normal boundaries of the game and its all good
if you do something and have the feeling that this is not supposed to be a thing then it might be wrong (unless its in the game for a long long time then it might be intended)
just use your common sense
from my experience people know when they do something that's not allowed

PS:
pm me your record
not the way you got it
if i like it ill beat it :P

What is with the conspiracy theories today?

Dude, it's simple. Sit down and look at what you are intending to do. Does it look like you are SUPPOSED to be able to do it? Then you'll be FINE. Are you gonna glitch through walls and have infinite shields and stuff like that? Then you'll be BANNED.

It really. Is. That. Simple.

1 hour ago, ScoutAA said:

We all know Warframe's support team is awful.

No. It isn't. I know of games where support was truly useless. (Random example: Marvel's Avengers Alliance for PC by Playdom was straight trash.)

Speak for yourself when you state these falsehoods, please.

I've always been treated with respect by support, but then again, I treat them with respect and am a patient, normal human being with them. 

Mutual respect, somehow, and not assuming they're awful, seems to work out great for both of us.

This isn't even about coming to their defense. Your statement is just flat out false for me and many other members.

You can get banned for LITERALLY ANYTHING (even criticism).

No. You cannot be banned for literally anything, even criticism. That said, if "criticism" is delivered as bashing, complete with excessive swearing, and generally treats the team like they're idiots, isn't actually critical of content but instead laces into people, there's a fair chance any or all of those will get you banned.

I see cutting criticism of content daily on the forum and on the subreddit. It even includes business practices. The most heated folks get is when DE screws something up. That can even cross the line into borderline bashing (because people are so passionate about the screw up DE made and how it affects them), and many a member has survived it without being banned.

Again, stop believing and spreading falsehoods. 

I want to beat a record with my clan on Warframe but because you can get banned so easily I want to know if I can be safe from getting a ban for suspicious activity.

This seems like an often repeated worry in many games.

Yes, sometimes a game's cheat detection and prevention systems can be overzealous.

But as long as you don't cheat and have some data to back it up, you'll be fine.

Beating a record isn't a justification for being banned in and of itself.

Edited by Rhekemi
Left an errant "bashing" in when talking about passionate criticism

Don't use external tools (duh).

Don't abuse exploits for anything serious (nobody's going to fault you for scoring 0.01s on the clan obstacle course).

And again, I emphasize that exploits are the thing to avoid.  Synergies working within the intended system are fine.  Rep farms simply use ideal squad compositions to kill lots of things really fast while they're at the highest level they can be for affinity gain while still low enough to still be swiftly killed by the strategies being employed.  Nobody's getting banned for using optimal strategies to farm.