The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

18 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Semantics. You wouldn't say semi skimmed milk isn't milk.

So you're not correcting me by saying it's ''Semi similar''.

It's similar, especially to someone who isn't a music boffin (the majority of people), that's all that matters.

I'd call it milky water :clem:

But my point stands the video is actually informative for those who have never worked with midis and no there won't be silly pictures being made via Bardframe since it is only four bars and circular since it loops.

I designed a bardframe ability list for fun.

The player should have the opportunity to author melody, harmony, and percussion tracks, as well as a finale track that incorporates all three, and "mini-finale" tracks for the hold abilities for her 2 and 3. Energy drain for the synths is effected by cost but not duration, as the energy drain mechanics drain "on beat" rather than the usual power drain mechanics, though duration can effect the duration of power effects.

Passive - Groove

When not moving, taking damage, or firing a weapon for four beats within the radius of any of bardframe's sythesizer abilities, bardframe will dance, regenerating 5 energy and health for each synthesizer pulse (every beat if all three are deployed)

In addition, bardframe gains a performance charge for every beat she remains within the boundary of her synthesizers, and these charges stack (if bardframe has all three synthesizers deployed, she gains 3 charges per beat)

Modded properly, the dance allows bardframe to keep up all of her synths for extremely long periods through its energy regen, but only if her party can keep her from taking damage, and only if she does nothing but dance.

1: Amplifier - One Handed - one time cost

Attach one of your sonic amplifiers to an enemy or ally for X energy. These amplifiers remain in place until the target is killed, or until they are all recalled by holding 1. When recalled, the amplifier releases a sonic pulse, knocking down nearby enemies and removing status effects from nearby allies. In addition, amplifiers focus the effects of your other abilities when their targets are within the radius of bardframe's other abilities.

Because every frame needs a cheap 1 that's useful in any situation, and I like 1s with good synergy. Most of her kit is fire and forget AOE which is kinda boring, so these are there to make sure she has a fun ability to use regularly, as they are a bit part of the effectiveness of her 2,3,and 4.

2: Melody Sythesizer- AOE - drains on 1 count

Tap - Throw a melody sythesizer. The melody sythesizer plays bardframe's melody track, dealing damage and a x% chance to shock targets within its radius every first beat. Amplifiers within the effect range will arc energy to all other amplifiers, dealing a guaranteed shock proc and X damage that lasts 2 beats.

Hold (One time cost) - Arpeggio - Blast the bardframe's Arpeggio track, dealing damage to all enemies within the area of effect, stunning them for 4 beats, and recalling the synthesizer and all amplifiers within the area of effect. Bardframe gains shields and HP for each amplifier retrieved this way.

The light show, and largely passive, althought teammates can play along with positioning to redirect the aplifier beams a bit like taking advantage of vauban's teslas.

3: Harmony Synthesizer - AOE - drains on 3 count

Tap - Throw a harmony Synthesizer. The harmony synthesizer plays bardframe's harmony track/ The harmony synthesizer grants additional damage to allies attacks on every third beat (the damage buff is time based and ends on the next beat) and causes amplifiers on enemies and allies to flash. Hitting an enemy with an amplifier during this period results in a guaranteed corrosive proc, degrading their armor. Having an amplifier attached to you during this period results in a gain of 50 shields.

Hold (one time cost) - Coda - Blast the bardframe's Coda track, instantly reviving all downed allies and companions within range and dealing a guaranteed viral proc to all enemies. Coda recalls the harmony synthesizer and unattaches all amplifiers from their targets, and refreshes bardframe's amplifier count. The unattached amplifiers remain in place and slow nearby enemies.

The backbeat. A support skill that is much more effective if allies "play along" with low fire rate weapons by timing the shots correctly, turning weapons fire in to a symphony of death.

4: Percussive Synthesizer - AOE - drains on 2 and 4 count

Tap - Throw a percussive synthesizer. The percussive synthesizer plays bardframe's percussion track. Every second and fourth beat, enemies are rooted in place untilthe next beat (this effectively roots enemies half of the time, as they are moving during the odd beats) enemies can still attack and use other abilities. Enemies with amplifiers attached during these beats are disarmed, and allies with amplifiers attached generate a 2m knockback pulse.

Hold (ULT) - Finale - Plays bardframe's Finale tracks for all three sythesizers for eight beats. One amplifier explodes for AOE damage up to the end of the finale (ex- if there are five active amplifiers, they will explode on the last 5 finale beats, not the first) All stacks of performance are consumed. For each active synthesizer, a different effect is activated. These effects stack.

Melody - All enemies within range take 10 armor ignoring damage for each stack of performance consumed.

Harmony - All allies in range (including bardframe) gain health and shields equal to the amount of performance consumed. Health over maximum is converted to iron skin. Shields over maximum are converted to overshields

Percussion - All corpses in range are raised in to the air at the beginning of the finale. At the end they are violently slammed in to the ground. One loot drop is generated from a random corpse (from that enemy's drop pool) for every 12  stacks of performance consumed.

Dat Bass! Alongside the other two abilities, completes the dance party, turning the entire areas in to a beat-reactive space by having enemies pause within the beats not being effected by melody and harmony synths, as well as a potent ult that becomes more powerful the longer you've been in the groove and the more you've invested time and energy in your performance. With all 3 deployed, the effects would fire in the order 2-4-3-4 on a standard 4 count beat!

Edited by PopeUrban

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, egypt said:

I know of such button... it ts called "leave mission"... works every time and I know I'm going to use it a lot.. at least in the first 1-2 week before the hype dies

I have a feeling the hype for this frame won't die nearly as quickly as it did with other frames.  I'm not musically inclined, but even I have to admit that frame looks cool as hell with the mechanics it uses.

13 minutes ago, Vulpei said:

I have a feeling the hype for this frame won't die nearly as quickly as it did with other frames.  I'm not musically inclined, but even I have to admit that frame looks cool as hell with the mechanics it uses.

Except not gonna be cool when 3 other bards are blasting their :poop: music at the same time :angry:

Just now, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Except not gonna be cool when 3 other bards are blasting their :poop: music at the same time :angry:

True, which is why I really hope this mute button will be an actual thing.  :laugh:

51 minutes ago, egypt said:

I know of such button... it ts called "leave mission"... works every time and I know I'm going to use it a lot.. at least in the first 1-2 week before the hype dies

Hehe I don't think DE should consider that as our only option for this bard frame.

Honestly, I mostly hope her abilities won't be as opaque as they were shown in the devstreams. I can ignore the sounds, since I mostly play with music on and low volume ingame, but the visuals seem a bit too intrusive, even for WF standards. 

5 hours ago, TennoPain said:

Reason i dont want to hear bad music

I have neighbours (ppl have kids)

I talk to skype to friends

(i listen to my own music) 

SO ON AND SO ON so will we get mute option ?

I would like an option to mute the bard frame

I realize that she's not going to have a grineer roller and that that was a temp, but i feel like what it SHOULD be is like a tron disk that lights up to the beat, should be easy since the rollers already change orientation to face where their rolling it seems to me that its as easy as just making the modal and the skin

EDIT: I noticed that her 1st was glued above the roller, that could be in the middle of the tron disk