The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Locations/Rooms

Dead.Ghost

What i mean - We all know about TennoGen steam workshop, in this place community create their skins. But what if we go further? What if community start building their own locations for missions? This will add to game more diversity!

p.s. I know its hard to make, but good idea! Isn't it? 

Well... if we want the game client to double or triple in data volume, that will be our best option.

It sounds really good, but rendering whole tilesets that you didn't build personally would be one hell of a pain in the butt for the developers.
Character models are way easier and faster to introduce than big rooms with obstacles and corners and objects and doors and ceilings and walls and interactive items and...

2 minutes ago, Vastarov said:

Well... if we want the game client to double or triple in data volume, that will be our best option.

It sounds really good, but rendering whole tilesets that you didn't build personally would be one hell of a pain in the butt for the developers.
Character models are way easier and faster to introduce than big rooms with obstacles and corners and objects and doors and ceilings and walls and interactive items and...

Might be true but I'd really like to see more diversity. How about adding several tiles to existing tilesets instead of making a new one for a change? I wouldn't mind.

I'M GONNA RE-BUILD THE AGILITY DRIFT ROOM. BUT INSTEAD OF CLOSING, THE PIPES WITH EXPLODE AT YOU WITH BLAST PROC, WITH RAGDOLL POWER OF A HUNDRED OF THOUSANDS OF BLAST DAMAGE! AND WHEN YOU LAND ON THE PLATFORM, AN EXPLOSION WILL HAPPEN ACROSS THE ROOM THAT WILL LAUNCH ALL OF YOUR ALLIES BECAUSE YOU STEPPED ON THE WRONG PIPE!!!

I'M GONNA CALL IT: THE TORGUE DRIFT!!!!!!!!

47 minutes ago, faustias said:

I'M GONNA RE-BUILD THE AGILITY DRIFT ROOM. BUT INSTEAD OF CLOSING, THE PIPES WITH EXPLODE AT YOU WITH BLAST PROC, WITH RAGDOLL POWER OF A HUNDRED OF THOUSANDS OF BLAST DAMAGE! AND WHEN YOU LAND ON THE PLATFORM, AN EXPLOSION WILL HAPPEN ACROSS THE ROOM THAT WILL LAUNCH ALL OF YOUR ALLIES BECAUSE YOU STEPPED ON THE WRONG PIPE!!!

Not gonna lie, I want to play this test.

1 hour ago, tbeest said:

Might be true but I'd really like to see more diversity. How about adding several tiles to existing tilesets instead of making a new one for a change? I wouldn't mind.

Much more realistic, if they gave us the assets for doors, cameras/sensors bars and lockers it should be fairly doable.

Leveldesign. Not as easy as you might think.

How about. The devs accept concept-submissions on given themes. They give us assets to texture and design - they tell us what limitations.and restrictions.they work by.

We could:

Create flowers, signs, lights, props, etc without problems.

Doors, floors and entire environments I know nothing about. However, I assume assets use common scale and ratios.

Would be cool to design a room. Like the Captains Quarters, the Briefingroom, rec room, 

4 hours ago, faustias said:

PLOT TWIST!

This sounds like an interesting idea though I do not know how this will get implemented if it does go past the idea phase. The cosmetics are fine since it is easy to explain "lore" wise or just that they do not exist in the game's timeline. On the other hand when creating a tile set, which I have no knowledge and just trying to hopefully look at it logically, there maybe some that do not see the vision that the artist on DE have and/or is that it would be a long process to chose from which may not outweigh the benefit of not doing the tile set from scratch. For the expanding on existing room seems easier as the most of the basic assets are already created and people can refer back to that particular tile set to try to get a feel of the environment that the art/design team was going for. The one problem I could see from this train of thought would be the legal side on using the basic assets created by DE. All in all this still seems like an interesting idea which might give some flare to the current tile set with different new rooms. I hope there will be a good amount of secret rooms hidden behind stuff and all if this becomes part of tennogen.