Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fastest Viable Melee Weapon?

Snackm4n

Question

Hi, I was wondering if there are any really really fast melee weapons that are viable. I want this because I really don't like the feeling of being held back by slow hitting weapons. Just from the top of my head, orthos prime, dual ichors? Also, if you can, please tell me the build for it ;)

20 answers to this question

Tipedo has the fastest base attack speed and is berserker viable due to it's 20% crit chance.

Amphis and Secura Lectra are tied for second fastest base attack speed but are not berserker viable.

Ankryos Prime is the fastest prime weapon and is berseker viable however it has an extremely low range and damage.

I would personally recommend either Tipedo or Dark Split Sword in dual wield stance with berserker, cir mods, and/or primed fury if you're looking for fast attack melee.

Just now, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Tipedo has fastest attack speed of all melee weapons

Low dmg but 20% crit and status

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I'd prefer it to be prime xD, or any special variant like wraiths or something.

1 minute ago, 3thereal said:

Tipedo has the fastest base attack speed and is berserker viable due to it's 20% crit chance.

Amphis and Secura Lectra are tied for second fastest base attack speed but are not berserker viable.

Ankryos Prime is the fastest prime weapon and is berseker viable however it has an extremely low range and damage.

I would personally recommend either Tipedo or Dark Split Sword in dual wield stance with berserker, cir mods, and/or primed fury if you're looking for fast attack melee.

Thank you :)

Prisma Dual Cleavers are blazingly fast....if you don't equip a melee stance.  It goes against the grain, but equipping either crossing snakes or swirling tiger on a dual sword slows them down badly.  Regardless, the crit and status numbers on the prisma dual cleavers are cray cray.  Give my build a whirl.

No stance

Berserker / Fury (Primed Fury) / Weeping Wounds / True Steel

Blood Rush / Body Count / Pressure Point (Primed Pressure Point) / Organ Shatter

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Prisma Dual Cleavers are blazingly fast....if you don't equip a melee stance.  I goes against the grain, but equipping either crossing snakes or swirling tiger on a dual sword slows them down badly.  Regardless, the crit and status numbers on the prisma dual cleavers are cray cray.  Give my build a whirl.

No stance

Berserker / Fury (Primed Fury) / Weeping Wounds / True Steel

Blood Rush / Body Count / Pressure Point (Primed Pressure Point) / Organ Shatter

Yeah those use to be amazing and still have a great crit multiplier; however Dark split sword versus Prisma Dual Cleavers-

DSS (Dual) - Base Damage: 65 Base Attack Speed: 1.17 Crit %: 25 Crit Multi: 2.5

PDC - Base Damage: 35 Base Attack Speed: 1.00 Crit %: 25 Crit Multi: 3.0

You'll see you get a .5 Crit Multiplier high for a loss of .17 base attack speed and 30 damage (Almost half damage)

I would personally recommend nikana prime and yes i'm aware it only has 1.08 base attack speed but when you just chuck on a maxed fury it goes up to a fast 1.41 attack speed. As well as that i have berserker seeing that my crit chance is 32% when it's activated the attack speed in then insanely fast.

Just now, xProdergy said:

I would personally recommend nikana prime and yes i'm aware it only has 1.08 base attack speed but when you just chuck on a maxed fury it goes up to a fast 1.41 attack speed. As well as that i have berserker seeing that my crit chance is 32% when it's activated the attack speed in then insanely fast.

Also, the nikana prime's base stats are great damage wise.

1 minute ago, 3thereal said:

Yeah those use to be amazing and still have a great crit multiplier; however Dark split sword versus Prisma Dual Cleavers-

DSS (Dual) - Base Damage: 65 Base Attack Speed: 1.17 Crit %: 25 Crit Multi: 2.5

PDC - Base Damage: 35 Base Attack Speed: 1.00 Crit %: 25 Crit Multi: 3.0

You'll see you get a .5 Crit Multiplier high for a loss of .17 base attack speed and 30 damage (Almost half damage)

Quite right.

But don't forget the PDC 25% status chance vs the DSS 15% status chance.

Once you go against higher level enemies the PDC higher status (slash procs) will lord over the DSS higher base damage (elemental procs).

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

Dual Ichors with Berserker+Blood Rush combo not only do they have amazing speed, but they are a red crit machine. 

This, the dual ichors still seems to be my go to melee weapon, even with having galatine prime (just seems slow but may be stance related) now and plenty of other options...it might change if I ever get my last piece of dual kamas prime though.

I would recommend trying the destreza. I re-created my build for it here, but not every mod I use is required to make this weapon effective. Using the charge attack for it gives multiple quick hits. The stance procs slash damage and can be used to execute finishers. I use it with my volt and the attack speed is insane. The only down side to this weapon is that it isn't good for crowd control, and is mostly a single target weapon. I really enjoy this weapon, and it kinda looks prime since you can color it gold. The idle animation for it is beautiful too.

1 hour ago, xProdergy said:

Hell yeah the Nikana Prime.  With blind Justice the thing is quite fast.  Add in Berserker and the Nikana P can get stupid fast rather quickly.  I removed Berserker from mine just so I can control combos better.