Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.....trinity

(PSN)WarHatePrejudice

Question

12 answers to this question

You need 150% strength to get the maximum 75% damage reduction from Blessing.  Power strength does not affect Link, which has a flat 75% DR.

As long as both are active and you're linked to at least one enemy, you have (1 - (1 - 0.75)^2) ~ 94% damage reduction.  That's good but it's not invincible, and it doesn't last very long before you have to recast.

After getting to 150% power, maximize your duration for Link and Blessing to last as long as possible, then maximize range so Link works from farther away.  And if you really want to complete the tank Trin build, add Quick Thinking and Flow/Primed Flow.  As long as you stay on the move and pay attention to your health/energy you're pretty much unstoppable.

If you want good little effort tanker I would recommend Mesa. Her 3 gives you 95% Damage reduction from everything but melee, reflects bullets and rockets, gives immunity to most knockdown effects like Ancient's or Scorpion's grappling hook. 

Edited by aligatorno

here are some of the commons styles of building a trinity

basic builds: 

1: EV trinity:

this is built around quick/rapid EV pulses

utilize , low duration high damage and range to pulse rapid ev energy buffs , combine with its augment = quick overshields and rapid ev damage 

with this tactic you can rapidly burn away big targets and get energy , combine with 4 for damage reduction/quick casts 

usual paired with corrosive projection 

2: Link trinity

coation drift + corrosive projection ,utilize high duration + range and link augment (abating link) = armor burner 

strength slightly higher to amp everything a bit

duration amps up your link time = survivability

3: wellspring trin

use similar with ev setup, combine for max energy + health aoe range 

basically pulses will release aoe on damage of hp and energy :D 

4: hybrid ev duration

this is a balance build using ev and link buffs to stay alive

less energy per pulse but the ev benefits by amping up shields + energy 

higher damage , more duration , less pulse per second , but more geared at a survivability build then energy release 

97VGiSB.jpg

I tend to use this Blessing build the most. I don't think I've ever died with her but I also don't play Trinity much past lvl 150.

Her lack of defensive mods is countered by strong overshield gains.

Cast time always bugs me with her though, wish I could fit Natural Talent.

EV > Blessing > Kill target > Link

EV 2-3 times to cap overshields, then just repeat the first rotation whenever you're blessing duration gets low. Remember to use EV and Well of Life as priority target CC. They're both useful for saving you some damage from heavy units.

Edited by Xzorn

Mod for something around 145% range. Mod for max duration. Use Primed Flow if possible. Anything else is details and personal preference.

Select Zenurik for focus (optional, but supplants EV once the passive is up and running; one less thing to keep track of).

Bring enough gun.

Cast link.

Cast EV until energy pool is comfortable.

Keep link up.

Destroy everything in your path.

Corrosive Projection, Power Drift (Exilus)

Quick Thinking, Primed Flow, Stretch, Primed Continuity

Transient Fortitude, Blind Rage R5, Abating Link, <blank>

Final mod slot should be Constitution, Natural Talent or Vampire Leech.

Cast EV, kill target, cast Link and Bless, keep casting EV and killing target until energy is full, maintain Link and Bless at all times. Bring a gun with powerful damage per shot, because you don't get to spend a lot of time shooting between casts.

Congratulations, you now have like 94% damage resistance, the ability to instantly heal yourself to full, infinite energy for yourself and nearby allies, 75% damage resistance for nearby allies, and a Link and completely strips enemy armour. Just don't get Nullified or energy drained.