Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can anyone explain this to me?

iceyShardZ

Question

i made this video a looong while back

i made it around the time the twin basolk got buffed to Sh!t

i made this video to prove my friend wrong, who kept telling me it was still sht after the buff

and especially with ember's 2 this thing is was monstrous when it was buffed,in my opinion it was one of the best melees,(until galatine prime was released,even though its still pretty good)

anyway now looking back at it,and still playing with it,i kept asking myself,"but how the F*** do i keep critting with this status weapon,even though i didn't mod it for crit? (who would...)

i searched the wiki,and nothing! can anyone explain to me this status crit phenomena and how to trigger it?

if i knew how to trigger it more often i could make great use of it,if anyone knows why this happens i'd be glad to know :P

(please ignore the childish theme of the video :) )

Edited by iceyShardZ

24 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, iceyShardZ said:

how does that happen?

Enemies that are Ragdolled lose awareness until they completely finish standing up.

so like it and many of the other Exploits with Ragdolls - it happens in strange ways that don't really make sense and can be very problematic for balance.

54 minutes ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

i found out it was because of firequake, firequake seems to either remove the enemies alerted state when they're knocked down or theres some other interaction I'm not sure of.

Firequake should be just Knockdown, which doesn't have those sorts of issues - but it's ofcourse possible that it has that issue, just very unlikely since no other Knockdown in the game does that.

10 minutes ago, iceyShardZ said:

this happenned to me many times when enemies saw me :/

the stance maybe? it change critical rate

also if you critik 1 statut proc all the tic from the staut will deal critical as well

Edited by Tsoe

18 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

also if you crit tik 1 statut proc all the tic from the status will deal critical as well

no i don't think thats the case,i think it happens when you proc the same status a few times in a row,but i am wondering if there is any information about it on the wiki to confirm that

1 minute ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

you knocked them down, you deal finisher damage when you knock an enemy down, this is a basic gameplay mechanic and has been from the start

im talking about the around 5~10 crits i did right after the first finisher and before the last finisher

Edited by iceyShardZ

8 minutes ago, iceyShardZ said:

im talking about the around 5~10 crits i did right after...

(you did 3 crits), after some testing i found out it was because of firequake, firequake seems to either remove the enemies alerted state when they're knocked down or theres some other interaction I'm not sure of.

The crits have nothing to do with basolk or status procs (infact crit and status are 100% independant from one another), it's firequake

Edited by Glitch_Kitten

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

it has to do with Ragdolling. it could be made into an intended Gameplay Mechanic but atm it's basically an Exploit.

this can be achieved with anything that can Ragdoll Enemies.

how does that happen?

9 minutes ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

(you did 3 crits), after some testing i found out it was because of firequake, firequake seems to either remove the enemies alerted state when they're knocked down or theres some other interaction I'm not sure of.

The crits have nothing to do with basolk or status procs (infact crit and status are 100% independant from one another), it's firequake

not sure about that because it even happenned to me with the mios with ice chroma,and with the sibear when i modded it for status 1 time,it has nothing to do with the twin basolk,or ember

There's a lot of misinformation in this thread.

Taiiat is right. These are not crits-- these are stealth multipliers (exactly 8x the weapon's usual damage), caused by a bug regarding ragdolled / knocked-down enemies. When an enemy is ragdolled, they seem to end up in an "unaware" state of sorts-- Not reverted to a non-combative state or anything, but "unaware" in the same way that Radial Blind or Savage Silence makes enemies "unaware" (except minus the Finisher prompts). Enemies simply become prone to multiple consecutive stealth multipliers.

Whether it's due to stealth multipliers being straight-up forced (a la Radial Blind) or due to some sort of "awareness" variable being unable to refresh properly on ragdolls (which explains the 2-second delay before the numbers turn yellow), I don't know. But from the testing that I've done, there's no doubt that these are the work of Stealth multipliers and not crits.

Note that this is also possible on regular, non-ragdoll knockdowns-- but is very, very inconsistent. It still happens occasionally, but I haven't figured out how to reliably reproduce it.

Now, the reason that your Basolk is ripping apart ragdolled enemies is due to this bug combining with another bug. Against "unaware" (i.e. prone to multiple consecutive Stealth hits) enemies, melee DoT procs have a bugged interaction. Instead of dealing 8x damage like usual melee hits, Slash/Toxic/Fire procs will deal 64x damage instead; and Gas procs will deal a whopping 512x damage.

This leads to some hilariously broken interactions with some certain builds. Just grab an Excalibur/Inaros/Ivara/etc plus a Telos Boltace-- and what your Basolk could do to a single enemy in 10 seconds, the TBoltace can do to an entire room in two swings.

Edited by SortaRandom

44 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

he reason that your Basolk is ripping apart ragdolled enemies is due to this bug combining with another bug. Against "unaware" (i.e. prone to multiple consecutive Stealth hits) enemies, melee DoT procs have a bugged interaction. Instead of dealing 8x damage like usual melee hits, Slash/Toxic/Fire procs will deal 64x damage instead; and Gas procs will deal a whopping 512x damage.

This leads to some hilariously broken interactions with some certain builds. Just grab an Excalibur/Inaros/Ivara/etc plus a Telos Boltace-- and what your Basolk could do to a single enemy in 10 seconds, the TBoltace can do to an entire room in two swings.

what the sht,this sounds like it can melt level 300's O.o

another semi broken thing i found today is the "counter attack"

where you block and then channel  as an enemy is about to whack you in melee range

this would stagger the enemy and will leave him to finishers,even without a specific frame for it

i honestly never heard of it until i saw it at the wiki today :P

Edited by iceyShardZ

11 minutes ago, iceyShardZ said:

another semi broken thing i found today is the "counter attack"

where you block and then channel  as an enemy is about to whack you in melee range

this would stagger the enemy and will leave him to finishers,even without a specific frame for it

i honestly never heard of it until i saw it at the wiki today :P

That's been part of the Melee 2.0 moveset since mid-2014, and it's 100% intentional.

The only thing "broken" about it is how abysmally unreliable it is. We've been asking DE to buff this move (and channeling in general) for the past two and a half years.

Just now, iceyShardZ said:

well i said broken because it made me 1shot a lvl 120 heavy gunner with my sibear,but idk

At the cost of how much energy, may I ask?

The parry finishers are nice, but nobody uses them because "channeling + blocking deplete your energy in a matter of seconds". You could sit there in one spot and lose nearly a hundred energy with each failed Counterattack attempt, and that's not even accounting for when you're surrounded by enemies in an actual gameplay situation.

Parry finishers simply aren't worth it. At best, they eat your energy needlessly. At worst, they're suicide.