Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rage+ Quickt thinking combo?

VexisPhil

Question

Currently (Volt Pun)[heh another pun a Volt P-un] i have a post talking about Build opinions for my Volt P for The War Within and ive realized that i should sacrifice my range for a better more reliable mod,

since then ive thought about taking off Stretch... and i have and replaced it with Rage

Ive tested builds on Fisure missions without relics to test against a mixture of enemies of the Grineer Variant (in view of the War Within)

what i want to know is that , is the synergy between Rage and Quick Thinking a viable use of Mod space ... Sacrificing Range for Survivability since 40% of damage turned into energy to be drained by Quickthinking when damaged

all opinions appreciated

29 minutes ago, VexisPhil said:

Currently (Volt Pun)[heh another pun a Volt P-un] i have a post talking about Build opinions for my Volt P for The War Within and ive realized that i should sacrifice my range for a better more reliable mod,

since then ive thought about taking off Stretch... and i have and replaced it with Rage

Ive tested builds on Fisure missions without relics to test against a mixture of enemies of the Grineer Variant (in view of the War Within)

what i want to know is that , is the synergy between Rage and Quick Thinking a viable use of Mod space ... Sacrificing Range for Survivability since 40% of damage turned into energy to be drained by Quickthinking when damaged

all opinions appreciated

Rage is definitely not worth it on Volt, even Volt Prime. He has standard health and a mediocre armor. But Quick Thinking is every useful on him since he has one of the biggest energy pools.

Plus rage affects all of his abilities, really there isn't a reason to take Stretch off 

also as you write on this post ive been testing the build and it seems that with lower range , spamming my shock should still allow me to do some CC in conjuction with my other abilities even if shocks range has decreased but im reconsidering the importance of range on my Discharges CC

6 minutes ago, TheGoodDarius said:

Rage is definitely not worth it on Volt, even Volt Prime. He has standard health and a mediocre armor. But Quick Thinking is every useful on him since he has one of the biggest energy pools.

Plus rage affects all of his abilities, really there isn't a reason to take Stretch off 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

It's a combo which I've never found viable. I used it on one Oberon build to prevent one-shots, but I found that hit which completely drain your health don't give back energy. I've done lots of testing to confirm this. If Vitality and Primed Flow are on your build anyway, it would probably be quite the combo then, but that's already 4 slots taken without any boosts for your powers.

Yes i use P Flow R8 and Max Vitality

Rage is useful for regaining energy when you're using frames with a high health pool and armor, and a way to regain health. Take Inaros, Oberon, and Saryn (with the augment) for instance, or other frames with decent HP + life strike equipped. 

However, Volt doesn't have that much armor and his health points could vanish just as quickly as his shields with no way to regain them, so you'd be better off using QT and redirection (no vitality) as durability mods, and stretch or any other mod that would help you avoid getting hit in the first place. Shocking speed is also pretty useful, did you try it?

Edited by TheScytale

I play solo a lot, which means there are no tanks protecting me and no energy vampire.  it also means i am trying to hit and run a lot.  almost every solo build I have requires rage and quick thinking.  on Volt though, power range is important, and I don't now if I would start there.  maybe if you could trade it out for an efficiency mod? rage will already help with that, just so long as you are running no shields.  

2 hours ago, VexisPhil said:

all opinions appreciated

I use always use a Tank Build on frames that don't have near-invincibility abilities. That is QT + Rage + Vitality + P Flow + Life Strike (melee). Perfect Health and Energy regen cycle, to multiply a fame's effective HP many fold.

18 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

I use always use a Tank Build on frames that don't have near-invincibility abilities. That is QT + Rage + Vitality + P Flow + Life Strike (melee). Perfect Health and Energy regen cycle, to multiply a fame's effective HP many fold.

Exactly what i do. The bad thing is that the rage + quick thinking combo works better in tanky frames that already have a good capability to survive and maybe it should be the other way around

2 hours ago, Cradicias said:

It's always been this way. The point is for Rage to fill up Energy, then when you have no health, that energy gets eaten instead. If it worked the way you suggest it'd be broken as hell as you'd never die and just keep gaining energy.

Edit: To answer the OP's question, Rage and Quick Thinking is a mandatory combo for me when I build a Warframe, everything else comes after that. It's a very useful combo for keeping any frame alive long enough to make a difference.

wait umm where do u get those mods?

33 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Exactly what i do. The bad thing is that the rage + quick thinking combo works better in tanky frames that already have a good capability to survive and maybe it should be the other way around

It's not bad or good. It's only natural that frames with more armor or with extra defensive abilities are more apt for surviving. Although I have to sacrifice quite a bit of power using this mod space, since I prefer to never die instead.