Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 19: The War Within

[DE]Megan

damnit I spend hours on customizing my operator (a lot on the hair), and now it's black...

the haircolors were was a pain before this update, now you you reduced the choice blond black, and oversaturated colours.

same with the skin tones...

(could we please have an option for lighter harcolours and skintones, for those operators who rarely see the sun...)

2 minutes ago, mon4rch said:

hello, i finnished the quest.. sortie still tells me to complete the warwithin? whats goin on here? 

to be more clear, game freezed on kuva guardians killing part and i deleted the process, when i came back it has skipped that part and the morality chosing ?!

Good job on the quest, that was a nice ride.

On 11/12/2016 at 5:02 AM, [DE]Megan said:

General Additions:

• Solo Mode missions now start after just 5 seconds! 
  • Decorator Mode is now here for Dojos and Landing Crafts! This mode allows you to access a special menu where you can continuously change the items in your Landing Craft or Dojo. All the hassle of returning to the menu over and over for each placement are gone. 

Finally 5 sec solo mission timer is back thanks :D 

I'll check the change to invasion and void fissure, it seems interesting, i'm ok with your take on endless i guess. I hope we can drop focus lens more often too, you should consider adding them elsewhere, just sorties is not enough.oups seems you can get them with syndicate now, so its perfect now)

•  
    • Nullifiers now notice and investigate their bubble taking damage 
    • Enemies will notice and investigate corpses
    • Enemies affected by Coolant Leak will notice that they've been frozen/slowed

this is getting embarassing, can you stop buffing nullifiers? and coolant leak was already useless, i guess it's even more now.

• Fixed an issue with Void Fissure buffs overwriting the Reactant counters of other players in the squad.
  • Fixed numerous issues with enemy projectiles being able to affect players through solid objects. Affected enemies are as follows:

if that means napalm and bombard projectiles cant hit you anymore behind cover, it's great.

Love the new tileset, loved the end of the quest, landscape was gorgeous. New spoiler thing at the end of the quest is bad though, some will have incredible thing where other will have garbage and it's random. And you can't use our existing resource to reroll it. i thought we'll finally have a good resources sink, where each time you reroll resources cost increase, instead it's the same old story : don't bother finding new use for resources, just add new resources. (nitain, etc)

Edited by Gilmaesh

Thanks for the update DE! great stuff!

Is there a way to download the update not through the launcher, some of my friends have poor download speeds and it will take them a day or more. Got a torrent for the patch DE?

Done on other games who don't do games this well and thought there might be an option for it but i cant find one.

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed numerous issues with enemy projectiles being able to affect players through solid objects. Affected enemies are as follows:
    • Bombard
    • Corrupted Bombard
    • Manic Bombard
    • Hellion
    • Denial Bursa
    • Drover Bursa
    • Comba/Scrambus
    • Executioner Gorth
    • Executioner Vay Molta
    • Shik Tal
    • Zanuka
    • Jackal
    • Vay Hek Terra Frame
    • Tyl Regor
    • Kela de Thaym
  •  

hell yeah

This Update should be call: The Bug Within

During the "Second Dream" and then "The Bug Within" i stuck 11 times (of course the command /unstuck is useless). Maps are made horribly bad, quest are buggy even more then usual and most of dialogs during cinematics are broken (thx god i got subs option on).

I cant even imagine how bad was the first concept of The Bug Within that even DE decide to do it again from scratches.

Can anyone explain what happen with this:
Before update:
Warframe0735.jpg

and after update:
Warframe0799.jpg

One more time... another NERF without say anything about it.
Actually everthing has less damage... WHY?
Where in the update notes say that???

Edited by ivalec

8 hours ago, Reynard_Fox said:

Everything added today has lessened the game for me. Stealth is crippled beyond measure, everything alerts enemies now, you can't even open crates or strike the terrain with your melee without setting them off, it's distressingly bad. And to make it even worse, there's no more affinity bonus for stealth kills? What the HELL were you thinking? You've not only made stealth play irritating for any frame other than Loki and Ivara but you've rendered stealth an utterly worthless avenue in all but mandatory scenarios.

The new mod system is awful, it's just more layers of tedious RNG for the sake of it.

Even the new tileset sucks. The missions are painfully long and tedious, especially Assault. All the new features just make it tiresome... I sort of liked the mission in the quest, but every match i've played since is less enjoyable than the last. Those invincible turrets and searchlights are simply aggravating, made all the worse by the needless changes to stealth.

Valkyr Prime looks absolutely pathetic by the way. Congrats, you've also ruined the look of my favourite visual frame.

I never thought an update could actively affect my interest in the game to this extent, but I'm sitting here, looking at the stuff in my Foundry i've been waiting to get, and thanks to this update I'm now just wondering "what's the point?". Hell the founder friend of mine that convinced me to play this game is thinking about uninstalling it as we speak.

Can't comment on anything other than stealth which is seriously broken, even with Loki. Impossible to build and keep affinity bonus unless enemies are separated by a large distance. Even melee strikes on two enemies side-by-side kill the stealth bonus unless you hit them both at exactly the same time. And as you said, even opening containers alerts them now.

Lots of great moments in this quest.

Spoiler

When your sentinel float-slides by with the pitter patter of piano, then betrays you! Helios, why you gotta do me like that?

All the 'growing up' metaphors and such are great too. We once slept and dreamed in the cradle, then we awoke, took our first steps and learned to walk, and now we run!

Or hunt, as it were. This whole "karma" style system seems great. Meaningful moral decisions? In my warframe? I embraced it!

I had to work early last night, so I only got a crack at the quest. Today we tackle the rest.

I want to be the one to say that any/all players who somehow find it appropriate to "reprimand" the development team for any delays, any errors, bugs, etc., need to correct yourselves. You do not own Warframe, nor do you have any ownership of the people who put their blood, sweat, and tears (presumably) into the great effort that is this game.

The Warframe development team has always been keen to keeping the game feeling fresh and new, and continue to listen to the struggles and issues faced by the player-base. Occasionally, this level of interactivity gives a couple of players the illusion that they're in charge here (I don't get that - you are PLAYING the game. You're on momma's couch with Mtn Dew and Cheetos. Please.... humble yourself.) The willingness of the development team to continuously hear our cries, tediously fix issues and bugs through a complex and nuanced system, so-on and so-forth is something to be ever grateful for - it is NOT to be abused.

Having been on the receiving end of many a insatiable client, I can tell you with absolute certainty that you're an eye-roll at the office, and may even be the dull end of a few sharp jokes across the desk. Remarks such as "Thanks, but making us wait for you to do your hard work around the clock while also allowing us to retain the ability to play the game angered us greatly. Don't do it again..." are disheartening, uninspiring, and largely ignored. The development team thrives off of their player-base, and any of the passionate folks there absolutely LIVE to see us elated about a new update. To undercut their hard work with a snarky comment is to do yourself, as a player, a great disservice.

I don't want to be just another one of the naysayers here, so I end with this - THANK YOU, DEVELOPMENT TEAM. <3

euncrc.jpg

Edited by ControversyB
Odd spacing between paragraphs

I waited a year for not excitement... but a EXTREME ESTATIC FEELING!!! :D

Patience was DEFINATLY worth the wait! it was like I wasn't even playing Warframe at all! Amazing turn of events with the game!

THANK YOU DE! :D

100/10 would do again to relive THAT feeling! (though got me when Ordis mentioned that door... looks like he knows it too.)

Im having a prob during the quest, I cant use my transference to possess the MAW, now Im stuck at the mission even after reloggin

is it possible that DE trying to keep me there for the rest of my life?

pls let me out

pls let me out

pls let me out

pls let me out

pls let me out

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz