Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[MAJOR SPOILERS] What did you do?

Lankander

First up... This damn quest was so awesome that for the first time I feel such a big urge to never want to spoil it for anyone. It was that good I get tickles just thinking of friends playing it without knowing what will happen (like I did).

My choices went-

1) Good - I had hope

2) Neutral - I controlled it

3) Neutral - Let Teshin kill her (it was the honourable thing to do, it was his kill... and for those that didn't chose it, you missed out on him lobbing her head off with his sword! Down right awesome :D )

4) Evil - I consumed it

The end symbol is not one of the three options. I don't know if anyone else noticed but I didnt read all comments, the symbol you get is ALL options in one.

I have the neutral symbol more than anything, and there are some white clouds at the top, and some dark thingies at the bottom. Probably a Balance result? Mostly neutral with both good and evil in it.

If you notice, upon finishing the quest, the symbol adjusts and adds a little from each choice you made ;) Hence in the end there is actually a point to your choices, its not the one path you done more than the rest, but the result of all.

Again, loved this quest.

1 question now though. How on Earth do I perform my Madurai skill now? Every time I press 5 it gets out of the body, I have to scroll to the Madurai skill and press the "Use Skill" button for it. There is no new button to map for it now? o.O

3 hours ago, Freezing-Dragon said:

These are my choices I chose.

1. "They were nothing but animals... so I hunted them."
  2. "I embraced it."
  3. "Kill her." (Let Teshin kill the Elder Queen.)
  4. Consume

Got "Hey kiddo, what took you so long?" dialogue.

4/4 'Yin','Evil' or Moon choice.

Isn't letting Teshin kill her Neutral? So you would be 3/4 right? Killing her yourself was the "evil" choice I think.

Held out hope

Controlled it

Let her rot

Destroyed it.

If I remember correctly I got: "You mad at me, kiddo? Did you forget? You owe me."

Pretty happy with my choices. My Tenno is a character of a story I've been writing, and these options more or less fit what she would have done. A "Good" character, but vindictive. She would've wanted to control the power given to her, and felt that the queen dying weak and frail of old age and without her life giving Kuva staff was more fitting than a quick death. She wouldn't want the taint that almost took over her corrupting her again, thus destroyed the kuva. Edit: Now that I think about it, she wouldn't want someone else to be enticed by the power the Kuva holds either, so this option fits perfectly.

My symbol was:

4f4035056b.jpg

No happy little sun in the sky for me.

Edited by SoulEchelon

On 11/12/2016 at 4:01 PM, Gelkor said:

There are 4 moments, not 3.

I held out hope.

I hated it.

I let her rot (actually kinda the meanest option, but w/e)

I destroyed it. 

My eyes turned freaky (gold) at the end, "Are you mad at me, kiddo? Did you forget? You owe me."

Same except the last part, "I gave it to Teshin (controlled it)" 

and I'm pretty sure we all ended up "voice in the head, Teshin touch our shoulders" ... 

41 minutes ago, HazaRD-WARRIOR said:

1 question now though. How on Earth do I perform my Madurai skill now? Every time I press 5 it gets out of the body, I have to scroll to the Madurai skill and press the "Use Skill" button for it. There is no new button to map for it now? o.O

Hold 5 my friend :)

1) I held out hope
2) I embraced it
3) I killed her
4) Destroyed

"You mad at me, kiddo? Did you forget? You owe me." Eyes turned freaky, acid tripped, then Teshin woke me from it. At the end, the karma circle (or whatever you called it) slightly tipped towards Light. Not sure what this means but hopefully nothing comes back to bite me in the back next quest...

I don't think the choices will affect the outcome of the story per se... Would be too much work to start developping alternate story paths for every outcome... Imho it's more of an introduction to the karma system Steve talked about before.

I remember in a devstream Steve talked about the nemesis / reworked syndicate system and how it would allow players to assasinate targets on one end of the spectrum, and also to help people in the other end of the spectrum, playing on the concept of tenno balance and allowing you to be savior/destroyer of sorts.

The karma system isn't here yet, but I think the quest is giving us an idea of how it's going work, plus giving us a starting point in terms of karma for when the system is implemented... We'll probably start up where we left of after the quest,with an already established penchant for dark or light... Doubt we'll be sealed in an inclination based on the quest, but it might require some work to go back from dark to a light or neutral alignement for example.

I wonder if the red liquid will be brought up in the future though... Teshin kinda hints that the choice matters more than the actual consumption, which I also believe.

Anyone else besides me feel like DE is going full evangelion with the operators and warframes.

I thought of this years ago(im sure im not the only one) but never said anything because there wasnt much to go off of but the more time and content that comes out specifically with the last lines in this quest coupled with the lines your father says it seems more and more likely that we are "piloting" our parents.......or whats left of them...lol

Anyone else besides me feel like DE is going full evangelion with the operators and warframes.

I have no complaints if they do lol.

As for choices:

1) They had lost their minds

2) I embraced it (really satisfied with this scene IMHO, Operator needs to be more of a badass)

3) Kill her ("C'mon Teshin's been wanting this for goodness knows how long, it's only fair")

4) Destroy ("Why would I need weird blood, I'm already an OP space ninja")

1 minute ago, ZephyrPhantom said:

I have no complaints if they do lol.

As for choices:

1) They had lost their minds

2) I embraced it (really satisfied with this scene IMHO, Operator needs to be more of a badass)

3) Kill her ("C'mon Teshin's been wanting this for goodness knows how long, it's only fair")

4) Destroy ("Why would I need weird blood, I'm already an OP space ninja")

Yeah I was really debating on Kill her or Let her rot myself. Teshin did deserve to take her out, but imo I felt forcing her to die a slow, painful death was more justifiable than a quick one. Still I semi-regret the choice because as you said - Teshin no doubt wanted the kill for a very long time.

Neutral: They had lost their minds 

Black: Embraced it

Neutral: Killed her myself (honestly I was just dying to do this by the end, though I feel a bit bad about denying Teshin the opportunity to do it himself)

White: Destroyed it (Who drinks strange liquids out of nowhere?! If I'd known that 'controlling' it meant giving it to Teshin I might have done that instead though. Ya'know, to make up for stealing his kill)

"You mad at me, kiddo? Did you forget? You owe me"

Soooo...chaotic neutral? My symbol is

HEYxtb7.png

23 hours ago, HazaRD-WARRIOR said:

thnx bro, I tried it like 5 mins after I posted >.< I think the first time I tried it hours ago I probably didnt have full focus charge and thats why it didnt work... Its getting late, losing sleep aint helping my brain, lolz

well I discovered that after reading forums ... yeah at first like, wow there's no more "focus charge" sleepy brain in the morning too haha ...