Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] How to destroy Kuva Siphons.

AnemoneMeer

Question

Well, after some science (thank you team, you are AWESOME)

Wait for the machine to emit noise and raise a tendril, then look around for the red/black Kuva cloud. Go operator form and void dash though this cloud. Shoot machine (not sure about this, allies were). Repeat 4x to destroy machine.

Credit goes to:

Vipertiger.

biozombie2

HelloxHi

for helping me figure this out

Edited by [DE]Taylor
added spoiler tag

20 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, hukurokuju5 said:

wow

how the heck did you guys figure it out? so unintuitive....

I threw myself at it a few times solo. Learned the clouds could be interacted with but couldn't do anything because solo 100hp vs grineer horde gives you milliseconds to act.

Tried again with a group and we found it. Everyone else kept me alive to try it, so without them, it would not have happened.

Machine is a black/red 4 hose thingy

Edited by AnemoneMeer

48 minutes ago, AnemoneMeer said:

I threw myself at it a few times solo. Learned the clouds could be interacted with but couldn't do anything because solo 100hp vs grineer horde gives you milliseconds to act.

Tried again with a group and we found it. Everyone else kept me alive to try it, so without them, it would not have happened.

Machine is a black/red 4 hose thingy

Yeah, solo collection of Kuva is virtually impossible.  even on and exterminate mission with all enemies dead before finding the siphon still had constant spawn of enemies making it almost impossible.

I think they need to tone it down a bit so you actually have a chance to get this stuff solo especially since were gonna need several thousand of it and I at best got 100

1 hour ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

Yeah, solo collection of Kuva is virtually impossible.  even on and exterminate mission with all enemies dead before finding the siphon still had constant spawn of enemies making it almost impossible.

I think they need to tone it down a bit so you actually have a chance to get this stuff solo especially since were gonna need several thousand of it and I at best got 100

Actually, once you know how to kill them, they're easy. I soloed one WITH shadow stalker on me. Trick is to actually not engage the fatties and only go operator to dash.

48 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Found one, got rekt by the Kuva guardians everywhere jumping around like Kavats on drugs, failed the event, tried to find another one in 20 missions, didn't, gave up.

Thanks for the information though. Even though i'm nearly sure i'll avoid these boring events from now on. :)

when in doubt, build your character so tanky that ramparts fear you.

1 hour ago, AnemoneMeer said:

when in doubt, build your character so tanky that ramparts fear you.

well, I found 2 more. We successfully destroyed the first one but I think I didn't understand everything as we failed the second one even though we did the EXACT same thing.

When he's vacuuming the cloud, what are we clearly supposed to do ?

- Dash through the vacuum thing ?

- Dash through the cloud ?

- Dash through the vacuum while starting in the cloud (<= I thought this worked for the first vacuum we killed, but it didn't on the second) ?

- Random dash everywhere until the game understands something ?

Edit : Ok, got it, dashing completely through the cloud works but we need to insist sometimes. Not very clear though...

Vauban on Phorid's mission (Pluto) is kinda nice.

Edited by Chewarette

actually this thign have short cut.

1. it appears in non continuous map ( no intercept defence or surivial)

2. It must be high ranking grineer map ( sedna, uranus and kuva fortress)

3. In the map, you will see target cross hair. similar to capture target symbol ( the red cross hair)

if you see 2 of it that means there is kuva siphon.

4. Short cut

A. bring a frost globe around it

B. look at the direction where the kuva vacum is heading. The kuva cloud msut go that side.

C. transfer dash through the cloud.

5. Results

if machine destroyed = 600

catch 1 cloud only = 300

6. trouble it brings

A. It have low spawn rate 5 run maybe 1 time

B. kuva guard need to be balsted with transferse blast ( press 5 and e infront of the guard) then transfer dash through it ( ctrl left + space )

to counter all this problem

-> bring a frost.

-> the globe can freeze d guard allowing you to focus on the cloud

-> the avalanche can jam the guard ( you can trasnverse dash straight to make them vulnerable)