Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP Stealth (no spoilers)

Akavakaku

From the update notes:

Nullifiers now notice and investigate their bubble taking damage

Enemies will notice and investigate corpses

The Nullifier one isn't a huge deal, but I'm predicting the second one will make it much harder to play stealthily, at least without channeling or using a disintegrating weapon.

Well, usually you wouldn't want to hit dudes in a group anyway, unless you are doing the run with a tonkor. But, projectile weapons like bows have a nasty habit of sending a dead body across a room. Also, the AI pathing is so stupidly sporadic that you could never determine movement patterns, let alone determine when they'll simply turn around randomly.

Oh, and the Nullifier thing is just highlighting that one Nullifier clogging an entire hallway is bulls***.

Edited by R34LM

tried several stealth exterminate, and i can say stealth exp farm is 80% dead, or 80% skillful to be more political correctly

you either wait to the end of the time for troops get separated, or need specific weapon which could wipe out large group in 1 shot

thx DE for "enhancing " farming experience for us

Here goes my daily Simaris/Syndicate runs :/

Stealth multipler is practically dead now. Tried multiple runs with Loki and Ivara. Enemies can see corpses pretty far and they "sense" when some of their comrades got killed in (closed) nearby room. And when you kill someone and someone else is in "sense" range, You also lose stealth multipler. You also now can't kill bunch of enemies in one sweep without loosing multipler.

Did a little of my own research, and killing a naïve enemy in one hit still seems to provide a stealth bonus even without a stealth finisher. Also, channeling leaves no bodies behind, so it seems like a great option for stealth play now. I know enemies that die of Heat damage disintegrate quickly, so modding your sniper or bow to do mainly Heat might also be viable.

Maybe I am missing something here, but I run Loki-P a lot and get Stealth Multiplier attack bonuses all the time.  Not sure what the problem is.....??

Also just for peeps having probs with Nullifers.  Equip a high DPS, wide range (reach, prime reach) melee (Orthos for example; Other pole-arm) and run straight at the Nullifier - aim for the center of the bubble if you cannot see the monster - and then Slide into the bubble while swinging.  They go down instantly.  Problem solved.  This is how I take out Nullifiers super-fast.  

10 minutes ago, (PS4)BMWWOW said:

Maybe I am missing something here, but I run Loki-P a lot and get Stealth Multiplier attack bonuses all the time.  Not sure what the problem is.....??

Also just for peeps having probs with Nullifers.  Equip a high DPS, wide range (reach, prime reach) melee (Orthos for example; Other pole-arm) and run straight at the Nullifier - aim for the center of the bubble if you cannot see the monster - and then Slide into the bubble while swinging.  They go down instantly.  Problem solved.  This is how I take out Nullifiers super-fast.  

Well, you are on PS4, so you have not received the stealth nerfs yet. Killing anyone near an enemy automatically triggers their alert state now, as well as remaining dead bits.

Plus, it seems that you have to be faster at doing stealth takedowns because if you linger for about 1 second, they are alerted to your presence.

Stealth has become even more challenging, and I like that BUT :

- they need to notice corpses from a closer range & take time to realize their dead pal is flying across the room (yup, that's what bows do)

- Stealth runs need to be more rewarding... Once your weapons are all 30 & you're done with your focus, what's left? Once you're done with your mission (hich takes twice the time of a normal run & gun playthrough), what valuable loot can you trade? Etc etc...