Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, how did you discover Warframe?

(XBOX)The Greedy Milk

I've been playing for a long time, i've put hundreds of hours (and money) in this game, but if it wasn't for one Warframe, this game might of gone unrecognized by me. As a new guide, i see new people coming to Warframe all the time, so tell me, how did you guys find Warframe?

For me, that "one" Warframe I recognized was Loki. In 2013 i was watching (more specifically listening) to a youtuber by the name of "Some Ordinary Gamers" reading a creepypasta. The background video was Warframe in its early stages, while this youtuber was playing Excalibur, one player was playing as Loki, and i thought he looked awesome, but didnt think much of it because it was a PC game, and I didn't want to buy the game because i thought it wouldn't run at all on my laptop.

Years went by, and as i was browsing the Xbox store i found Warframe, with Loki's head on the cover. I recognized the figure as that "ninja hammerhead shark guy" and i downloaded the game. and here i am now.

What's your stories? did a friend recommend it to you? or did you find it yourself?

Couldn't remember it since '13. Nothing mention on thread from different games. In few months later and I saw there was a title was called, Warframe which it pop up on steam. So I was curious about this game until it is about ninja. Thought I would pay for it instead it became free to play.

I was looking at the free to play games on steam, blacklight looked good put the I liked the style of Warframe, looked like my type of universe (dark, I'm a old-Warhammer 40K fan)  and has the high mobility gunfighting I've always wanted to do in games around the update 9/10. Knew I wouldn't get the good gear (I'm a cheap person) and was surprised when everything was buildable and just kept going.

Buddy of mine was in the closed beta at the end of 2012. He gave me one of his 5-day keys and from then on I was hooked. Bought a founders pack, eventually increasing it up to a Grand Master account without a single shred of regret.

This December I will have been playing Warframe for 4 years and that original investment has paid off very well in my view.

I played Warframe when it first came out, but stopped playing for over a year because my friends weren't playing it. Then, right when Ash Prime Access came out I made a friend who played Warframe and just decided to get back into it. He invited me to his clan and I saw how much changed over the years. I became so addicted to Warframe the only other game I played was COD. Warframe also has one of the nicest communities, which helped me make more friends and continue to play this game. It was worth....until you focus on certain abilities and do math you haven't even learned yet.

First time I played Warframe was at early 2014. I was bored and saw this game in steam and I thought "eh I'll try this since its free" (or something like that). Back then I didn't have good pc and I wasn't that impressed about the game so i just played first mission and stopped playing.

Later that year I bought much better pc. I was sick when I saw this game again and thought that I could give it another try. And here we are now, Warframe is now one of my favorite games and I still remember those days when i was sick and playing this game made it tolerable.

On 11/12/2016 at 3:05 PM, (XB1)falconpwnch0234 said:

I discovered this game when i was curious what free to play games were on the xbox marketplace PS4 Store and the one that stood out the most was of course warframe i was impressed with the game  and i was hooked instantly 

That's my story. I wasn't instantly hooked as the initial learning curve was a bit steep. After watching some YouTube videos on it, though, I gave it another go and have been enjoying it.

Saw it at the top of steam's free to play games. It had that biomechanical design theme going on, something which I'm very fond of. Downloaded it and didn't play it for almost two years as I was rather confused on the nature of the story and what i'm doing in the missions; somehow I got really into it due to the visually stunning graphics, combat sequences and mechanics. I'm also a sucker for the customization system. 

I was chatting with an old friend of mine that i'd run out of games to play. He recommend warframe, a game he'd been playing since back when it was fairly new, and i figured i'd give it a shot. I figured i'd probably play it for a week or two until i got something else to play, but after 4 months and 533 hours in game I've hit MR16 and I'm still going strong.

I remember that I had an idea of trying this game whenever I browsed the "Free to play" section on Steam for quite some time and one day I thought: "why not give it a try" and I never regretted the decision since that day (I joined near the end of the Fusion Moa event, so it was quite a while ago)