Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Within Quest Difficulty

Lucernam

Question

I can't do it, I've been trying to get past these god-forsaken laser barriers in the asteroid field perhaps a dozen times now and it is driving me mad. I hate Archwing so much, and this mandatory section of it is only intensifying my hatred for the whole jetpack minigame. What the heck do I do to get past this horrible stage?

hades_from_disney_s_hercules_seething_ha

19 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Lucernam said:

I can't do it, I've been trying to get past these god-forsaken laser barriers in the asteroid field perhaps a dozen times now and it is driving me mad. I hate Archwing so much, and this mandatory section of it is only intensifying my hatred for the whole jetpack minigame. What the heck do I do to get past this horrible stage?

hades_from_disney_s_hercules_seething_ha

i....i...i did it without a issue....i can't understand how u fail there go on the opposite side of the laser,behing the ship, don't go too far and ur good....

4 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

Are you moving through them at the same time the Grineer Transport is and allowing the transport to block the beams from touching you?

Yes, for the most part. Though I can't seem to do so without bouncing against the ship like a Tenno pinball. This causes me to lose valuable time in getting past the death beams, and I only just miss passing them. I often seem to cross them without seeing just where I crossed, so some of my frustration comes from being unable to see what it is I am doing wrong, and thus unable to correct my mistakes. I don't know what to change and I feel lost.

Edited by Lucernam

kk, so if the lasers are on the right go to the left of the transport, wait for it to block all lasers than dash through, if the lasers are on the left go on the right, let it block all lasers, and dash through, if the lasers are on the top, go on the bottom of the transport, let it block all the lasers (P.S when I say ll of them I mean all the ones it can, not literally every last one) then dash through, if it's on the top of the transport go on the bottom and dash through, I hated it the first few times but eventually I got the hang of it.

1 minute ago, LightningsVengance said:

kk, so if the lasers are on the right go to the left of the transport, wait for it to block all lasers than dash through, if the lasers are on the left go on the right, let it block all lasers, and dash through, if the lasers are on the top, go on the bottom of the transport, let it block all the lasers (P.S when I say ll of them I mean all the ones it can, not literally every last one) then dash through, if it's on the top of the transport go on the bottom and dash through, I hated it the first few times but eventually I got the hang of it.

Oh, that's an interesting thought. I had been hugging the ship for dear life, but you are saying just use the obstruction the ship provides as a window? I guess I will have to try that.

1 minute ago, Lucernam said:

Oh, that's an interesting thought. I had been hugging the ship for dear life, but you are saying just use the obstruction the ship provides as a window? I guess I will have to try that.

I wouldn't advise "hugging" it, you may bump into it or something, try to stay close to the side you'll need but not so close you bump into something, when you see it go through the barrier wait a second until there's no red in that area than dash through via the shift key.

Just practice your archwing skills. There've been many, many thousands of people who've likely completed the quest by now, it's not hard. Personally, I'm glad it's hard. Second Dream was pretty easy for the most part, save for a few first-time sentient fights. The difficulty later on is nice; it makes Warframe actually a challenge for once, something no amount of endgame gear can match/

2 minutes ago, acl3721 said:

Just practice your archwing skills. There've been many, many thousands of people who've likely completed the quest by now, it's not hard. Personally, I'm glad it's hard. Second Dream was pretty easy for the most part, save for a few first-time sentient fights. The difficulty later on is nice; it makes Warframe actually a challenge for once, something no amount of endgame gear can match/

Good for you and all, but I just want to learn the story before some jerk spoils it all for me. There is always someone.

36 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

Just stay alongside the transport, and then when the lasers disappear, go through them. It's not that hard at all. Trust me. There's a later part that's harder, imo.

I keep trying every suggestions and it keeps failing me til I run out of revives...I can't see them ( the death rays) obviously, when it looks clear on that side, I go thru and I still set off alarms...I dunno what to do to get past this, done it over 50 times by now.  first I thought it was glitched, then reading forum posts, I am supposedly doing it right, but some invisible rays detect me...frustrated, either I have no skill and I am about to give it up...just pissed atm.  Anyone got anymore suggestions, it might help, thanks!

13 minutes ago, blue1964 said:

I keep trying every suggestions and it keeps failing me til I run out of revives...I can't see them ( the death rays) obviously, when it looks clear on that side, I go thru and I still set off alarms...I dunno what to do to get past this, done it over 50 times by now.  first I thought it was glitched, then reading forum posts, I am supposedly doing it right, but some invisible rays detect me...frustrated, either I have no skill and I am about to give it up...just pissed atm.  Anyone got anymore suggestions, it might help, thanks!

You can try turning up your graphics settings to near maximum, that might help visibility. 

Edited by acl3721

DE and many of the games fans are so schizophrenic. This is a game you cant even take fall damage. People viciously defending removing friendly fire because it would make Warframe too hard. They like the fact that Warframe is an easy, relaxing game to play.

Then DE comes out with this quest, with difficulty resembling worst hated aspects of 80s or 90s games. Involving trial and error, memorization and perfect timing nonsense. A quest thats suppose to be about telling Warframes story but you cant even enjoy the story because of throw your controller at wall level of bad difficulty. We already went through enormous amount of grind, faced Lua trial rooms, completed the junctions and so on just to start this quest. Only to be rewarded by the worst gameplay this game has to offer. Rather than be rewarded for progressing so much with a good story quest.

Edited by ninjacat2015

22 hours ago, ninjacat2015 said:

DE and many of the games fans are so schizophrenic. This is a game you cant even take fall damage. People viciously defending removing friendly fire because it would make Warframe too hard. They like the fact that Warframe is an easy, relaxing game to play.

Then DE comes out with this quest, with difficulty resembling worst hated aspects of 80s or 90s games. Involving trial and error, memorization and perfect timing nonsense. A quest thats suppose to be about telling Warframes story but you cant even enjoy the story because of throw your controller at wall level of bad difficulty. We already went through enormous amount of grind, faced Lua trial rooms, completed the junctions and so on just to start this quest. Only to be rewarded by the worst gameplay this game has to offer. Rather than be rewarded for progressing so much with a good story quest.

Oh my goodness, yes! Someone else finally gets it!

23 hours ago, ninjacat2015 said:

I get the impression that you have no idea what you wanted from the quest.. I know that you or someone else will start bashing on me to prove me wrong but I've been involved in gaming for too long. One thing i learned is that no matter what developers do, there will always, ALWAYS be people that are pleased and a group of those who are not. Exact same thing is happening here. No matter what DE does they will never be able to please everyone. It's how it is now and forever will be. So instead of just calling somethin S#&$ throwing it away, why not try to be constructive, point out what you didn't like and suggest how to improve it.

Edited by Serbian2G

I've been having exactly the same problem, and it's driven me to rage-quit multiple times now.  Part of the problem is that the Archwing controls aren't very responsive or precise -which is a serious problem for a mission that's all about precision timing and aim.  If I try to hug the transport, I end up bouncing around like a pinball or get nudged out of the narrow window of safety and into the lasers.  If I try to wait for an opening, then dash, the bloody Archwing is either too slow to respond or veers too far in one direction, missing the window and diving face-first into the lasers.  It's like trying to fire and steer a rocket through mud.

It doesn't help that the game uses your Warframe's revives, so if you pick your favorite/preferred frame for the mission, then die too many times, your whole plan goes out the window.

Now, I haven't tried this with all the Archwings (so far I've been using the Itzal), so I don't know if the responsiveness varies from one Archwing to the next.

I really don't know what to say. You don't need to hug the transport, and you don't need to dash through it. You should be able to clearly see where the next laser is coming from, and should have ample time to position yourself on the opposite side of the grineer shipthingie. Are you looking at the laser FIELD to determine which side you need to be on, or are you looking for the actualy source that's on the wall to determine the correct side?

Other than that, I could suggest that you solo a, let's say Archwing Corpus exterminate or sabotage a few times to get a better grip on the controls.