Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILER] Post War Within confusion/questions

nelu_Y3K

Personally I was hoping that they'd  be doing a Focus pass and that the weaker trees would end up with stronger operator abilities / stats. Unairu especially...

But basically as it currently stands, near pointless gimmick that only has use in about a half dozen situations. Only one of which is a mandatory use. The others are all possible to do better with specialized equipment.

Definitely should be mod friendly. 4 Void Blasts, 1 long but slow moving Void Mode, Void Mode + 2 Void Dash, 1 long Void Beam... and you're forced back into your Warframe (which ends up with 0 energy) when enemies so much as sneeze at your Operator's measly 100 HP.

What I want to know is why DE insist on giving us a generic ability set.  Did we really need yet another way to go invisible? Another CC, another beam?

The operators should be playing Lunaro (where everything is  normalized) and left off of the battle field. 

I'm not a fan of this gimmick at all. It feels forced. I don't even understand how it works, with the teleporting WFs.

Steve already tweeted that they're going to expand on this new mechanic as well as Focus, so yeah. Chill out. Also someone said that the Void abilities can actually stagger Sentients and reset their resistances, but I didn't actually check. Go find out.

2 minutes ago, WereFowl said:

Yes because arkwing has gotten so much attention and improvements....

Let's see. They changed the movement system, they added more weapons and Archwings, they added more game modes. It's certainly better than on release.

One thing bugs me, people complaining about "This took a year?" like DE didn't release /anything/ else the entire year... As for the operator system itself, it's interesting. If it'll have more true uses in the future I don't know but odds are probably, big waste of art and animation if they don't try to expand on it. Story wise it makes sense the operator is kinda weak right now, they're still just remembering what they really are.

4 hours ago, mstriker said:

The thing is thst you can play a non inaros-rhino warframe while being able to do these thimgs, pretty useful if you know when and how to use them

For people who dont know how to use it yes its useless, for people who knows how and when it has its uses, you just have to think

Jajajaja that makes 0 sense; the thing of having it is to being able to use other frame while having these powers lol

If you die yes, what you spected to have 0 handicap so everyone would just spam it? Ofc other frames can make that thongs but the point is to do these things while being a frame that cant do them, a stealthy rhino, a loki being able to ragdoll everyone

3 hours ago, mstriker said:

Lol thats just the same nonsense, these powers are there to use them and being able to equip something else, if you cant find them a use ok, i use them and i fint them very useful

Just dont try to hide your opinion like if it was an objective thing

2 hours ago, mstriker said:

Or using it because you like it over using other things just for conveniencw

1e2dq4.jpg

2 minutes ago, nelu_Y3K said:

The one that made it worse,  and almost unplayable in the corpus tile set. Also still no roll key binds

And your opinion means what in the context of there being an update?

Because irrelevant of if you liked it or not, it still got updated, something you implied didn't happen, and you can set the rotation, google is a thing...

Lore wise- why is the operator physically able to teleport now? It just doesn't mesh with the rest of the game and is a super power that comes out of no where. it's killing my immersion. It's this what the player base wants now? To play as the operators? They should've been regulated to non combat situations. It's already getting annoying to see them randomly running around during missions.

8 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Oh right that mechanic overhaul never happened 6 months ago...

You mean the one that introduced motion sickness?

The one where your arkwing rotates, but you can't correct that easily, without rebindable controls.

Also the mode that still just ends up being you bouncing off things in closed tilesets and only a few die-hards still bother with?

In the current arkwing you just feel like a mobile turret with a few special abilities, all you do is rotate around shooting, then occasionally pressing E to teleport to an enemy and deal a bit of damage. Hell this new expansion highlighted just how clunky arkwing is. I had no problems moving around the ship, in fact I thought that part was pretty cool, but several times I clipped through the ship and navigating around was a pain with the camera and random rotation.

4 minutes ago, WereFowl said:

You mean the one that introduced motion sickness?

The one where your arkwing rotates, but you can't correct that easily, without rebindable controls.

Also the mode that still just ends up being you bouncing off things in closed tilesets and only a few die-hards still bother with?

In the current arkwing you just feel like a mobile turret with a few special abilities, all you do is rotate around shooting, then occasionally pressing E to teleport to an enemy and deal a bit of damage. Hell this new expansion highlighted just how clunky arkwing is. I had no problems moving around the ship, in fact I thought that part was pretty cool, but several times I clipped through the ship and navigating around was a pain with the camera and random rotation.

4 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

And your opinion means what in the context of there being an update?

Because irrelevant of if you liked it or not, it still got updated, something you implied didn't happen, and you can set the rotation, google is a thing...

13 hours ago, SweetSlaanesh said:

Yeah. I'm really confused. Is this it? The art team did a good job on the new tileset.

But am I missing something?

Why was this a major patch that took 10 months to develop? This is like .5 minor patch territory.

A tileset, 3 weapons, a couple enemies, a short quest, randomized mods..

Is that it? I'm so confused. Surely this isn't it....

I like how everyone forgets that War Within is a three parter. It true they were hyping this one up but keep in mind they were making other things during the 10 month period. Corpus Event, Solar Rail rework and etc.

I think this is only the first half of what really DE is intended to do with Operators ... 
but it's quite hanging in there, since all those choices you made seems lacking ... 
No doubt, they've done great with all those epic cinematic moments ... I'm in such awe ... 
and with Operator goes to Skyrim haha, wish we can go back to Mountain Pass too ... or something a roaming map for Operators only, something a training ground ... 

and also, modded Operator? like to increase its running speed? 
I'm sure energy damage is somehow connected with Focus system in the next upcoming updates together with the Infested Warframe story ... 

• 3 weeks later...

Since this thread turned into *@##$ing about the operator instead of confusion and questions I'll post some of each.

At the end of second dream the operator could barely move. That limit really drove home the fact that we where using something we shouldn't be. A pod kid who hasn't moved in years. So why now are we suddenly able to run, jump and generally be acrobatic and talkative? it seems very left-field

The twin queens refer to your warframe as an "infested puppet" and "metal cyst' combined with our newfound ability to straight-up possess our frames and the golden maw. Does this mean we will eventually be able to possess and control infested?

Why do the queens want the tenno? does continuity only work within the same species? did they want our void powers?

What is this lie everyone refers to? The mission flashback things where hardly shocking revelations

What is the point to our options with the mcguffin goo? I drank it, had some weird father memory and briefly saw forever

and why am I mad at the lotus?

On 11/12/2016 at 5:44 PM, SweetSlaanesh said:

Yeah. I'm really confused. Is this it? The art team did a good job on the new tileset.

But am I missing something?

Why was this a major patch that took 10 months to develop? This is like .5 minor patch territory.

A tileset, 3 weapons, a couple enemies, a short quest, randomized mods..

Is that it? I'm so confused. Surely this isn't it....

Major patch was split up into 4 updates. Imagine U19 as a whole.

People that don't like it are just salty because it doesn't fit in the META kind of damage/abilities.

I find it pretty usefull. It even has some REALLY usefull tactical things you can use it for, but i rather not mention them here or else they get Fixed. Even if they aren't glitches/gamebreaking things. Datamass, Reviving, etc.

On 11/12/2016 at 10:09 PM, ToXxy145 said:

Let's see. They changed the movement system, they added more weapons and Archwings, they added more game modes. It's certainly better than on release.

and how long did it take them?

His comment is fair given past history, blind optimism is just as bad as a negative attitude as it masks construtive criticism.