Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mods - Why? - Share opinion and thoughts

ToaSirian

Another rediculous RNG based system with potentially extreme powercreep. 

So instead of fixing balance in this game, we release even more bandaid mods for the underused weapons, but with the right combo of stats and weapon, you get the oposite of what you want to achieve.

What will happen to these mods when Damage 3.0 comes out, when serration and multishot get removed as mods?

Tell me what you think of these.

Edited by ToaSirian

Yeah some of them are rather ridiculous and some challenges are ridiculous too... One I got was - "scan Simaris target while carrying hobbled key, without using traps, without using powers and without taking any damage through the mission until you scan it (or maybe even after)"

On the other other hand they add more reason to play and farm. And this time reward may really worth the effort. Some challenges are rather fun too.  So if they tweak some mods and missions maybe it'll be fine

Edited by Hesyol

They are special and kind of different so that part is okay with me.  Limited can be kind of good, though hunting up the one we want will be a pain when we can't hold very many.

But still, my default rule for Warframe for a long time has been screw new mods.  We already have too many useless lumps.  These aren't useless, but honestly, get rid of mods, don't add more.

these are like a special kind of corrupted mods. most of them offer a - stat. and tbh mods like heavy caliber shouldn't get removed or changed with dmg 3.0, simply because it's not a must have mod on every single weapon. the riven mods or at least most of them give a - stat on top of 2-3 + stats, so in a way it's balanced 

and why not give a new life line to under-used weapons? what's so bad with it? it worked with the sobek and furis. and this is a new system, and it's the 2nd day of releasing it, ofc it won't be perfect, give it some time

9 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

and why not give a new life line to under-used weapons? what's so bad with it? it worked with the sobek and furis. and this is a new system, and it's the 2nd day of releasing it, ofc it won't be perfect, give it some time

The worst part of it is that they're not just for underused weapon. People have gotten ridiculously good Riven mods for top-tier weapons like Soma P. So in the end, these mods do nothing to fix the difference in power between weapons. They just make everything more random.

Edited by Defendor

Assuming Damage 3.0 is going to be a thing in the near future the new mods will only cause frustration when it happens. Honestly the whole concept of riven mods is pointless in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I really like these mods but the thing is

1) RNG all over the place

and

2) They're useless, there is no end game and therefore +200% crit chance on your dread isn't really that important when you're facing level 30 enemies.

You might say that "DE brought back endless missions and therefore the endgame isn't dead" But that's not true. What DE gave us with this update is a band aid (what a surprise)

After completely destroying the endless void missions (which in my opinion was the best thing about this game) with SotR they thought that they could replace them with this new system. The thing is no one actually cares about boosters, not enough to stay for 60+ minutes in a survival at least.

Basically, DE gave us insanely strong mods thinking that players would enjoy them. They still haven't given us proper end game content though and therefore there is no use for such power.

These mods are all over the place.

It seems none of the moddifiers is linked to anything like a tier or pool.

I've seen some Paracyst mods that buff puncture damge, have another downgrade and a MR lock at 14, on the other hand there are mods that boost crit and normal damage of a tonkor and have a lock at 10.

What the Riven mods need are diferent tiers dependent on their MR and skill pools.