Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Are The Corpus Going To Get Sidearms?

Aspari

I'd like to see a gauss pistol or something come from them. But DO NOT PUT A SIDEARM IN THE CLAN RESEARCH DEPARTMENT. So far, every Corpus weapon known to Tenno can only be obtained through clan research. The Grineer are hogging up the market and even the Infested have a stake in the Market. Corpus? Non-existent in the Market.

Charge fire laser or taser like pistol would be nice. Or sticky grenade launcher XD

That'd be neat. Or maybe some kind of blaster that doesn't do a ton of damage but stuns and lowers the enemy resistances by a % - we don't have anything like a Stun Gun and a Laser Weapon would be an impressive fit for that sort of thing.

You know what I want from a Corpus Pistol?

Bouncy shots.

Bouncy shots

Ice needle (rifle and pistol)

Shock wave cannon (shoots a wave of the same sort of thing shockwave moas make, but different color and hits enemies of course.)

Railgun (rifle and pistol)

Pistol like Dera?

Bouncy shots

Ice needle (rifle and pistol)

Shock wave cannon (shoots a wave of the same sort of thing shockwave moas make, but different color and hits enemies of course.)

Railgun (rifle and pistol)

Pistol like Dera?

Freeze ray would be cool.

Lanka is a Railgun Rifle! It is kinda mediocre but that is mostly because sniper rifles in general don't fit comfortably into Warframe.

i want a gun that summons a sewer shark to eat everyone. :D

seriously though, a sort of heavy laser pistol would be interesting. or a plasmoid could be okay, provided it would be a  comtrast to the Dera, low-medium ROF and medium-high damage, with maybe some splash on impact. (not a large amount, enough so a shot that hits near target would still damage it. preferably working better than thunderbolt though!)

Edited by taiiat

We have on, its a glaive :D

Not the same. I'm talking about the 'Go nuts on the trigger like you are having an epileptic fit and laugh maniacally as the room fills with enough colorful bouncy justice lasers that someone would figure they'd just missed the finale of a Daft Punk concert.'

Bouncy doesn't feel right on the Corpus. Bouncy gets uncontrolled which doesn't fit their rather 'clean' and industrial feel.

What I find interesting is that the Corpus Crew currently use full sized rifles instead of sidearms. I get that their #1 threat is pushy Grineer with a #2 from Infested, and Tenno only recently being on the case. Although ideally that's what their proxies are for, spamming robotic weapons platforms until the threat is dead.

Even their Engineers pack full on Squad Atomic Laser Weapons.

It makes me really wonder what a "normal" day in the life of Corpus ship or base crew/staff is like. You know that requires that Crewers wander around with rifles. Grineer I get, we're fighting their Marines and security forces for the most part. Corpus, it kinda feels strange.

I would think some kind of incapacitation pistol. Big area and high stun. Ideally something a startled crewer could draw fast and fire fast. Something that will give them time to mash the panic button and start the automated robot dispensers of stompy doom.

=====

Shockwave pistol sounds about right. But as a half-circle or cone effect instead of a full circle. We have many direct damage weapons currently. We have very few utility weapons.  For the Corpus this could move the general crewer into a more supporting role for their proxies. From ours it would give some of the more direct damage focused Warframes a crowd control option. A stagger effect, instead full knockdown.

A handheld cutting laser also comes to mind. Something that is normally a repair tool but could also be double duty to sidearm. Think like the Orokin Moa's heat beam but shorter.

Perhaps a cryo-bomb launcher? No that'd be too big. Maybe something like a cryo-mister or spray. Again lower damage but more intend for its debilitating effects.

Sadly I think any really cool ideas will be hampered by the way secondary ammo works. DE really needs to get into the code and get the ammo pools separated from the gun category, and defined by the actual weapon instead.

Edited by Brasten

Bouncy doesn't feel right on the Corpus. Bouncy gets uncontrolled which doesn't fit their rather 'clean' and industrial feel.

What I find interesting is that the Corpus Crew currently use full sized rifles instead of sidearms. I get that their #1 threat is pushy Grineer with a #2 from Infested, and Tenno only recently being on the case. Although ideally that's what their proxies are for, spamming robotic weapons platforms until the threat is dead.

Even their Engineers pack full on Squad Atomic Laser Weapons.

It makes me really wonder what a "normal" day in the life of Corpus ship or base crew/staff is like. You know that requires that Crewers wander around with rifles. Grineer I get, we're fighting their Marines and security forces for the most part. Corpus, it kinda feels strange.

I would think some kind of incapacitation pistol. Big area and high stun. Ideally something a startled crewer could draw fast and fire fast. Something that will give them time to mash the panic button and start the automated robot dispensers of stompy doom.

=====

Shockwave pistol sounds about right. But as a half-circle or cone effect instead of a full circle. We have many direct damage weapons currently. We have very few utility weapons.  For the Corpus this could move the general crewer into a more supporting role for their proxies. From ours it would give some of the more direct damage focused Warframes a crowd control option. A stagger effect, instead full knockdown.

A handheld cutting laser also comes to mind. Something that is normally a repair tool but could also be double duty to sidearm. Think like the Orokin Moa's heat beam but shorter.

Perhaps a cryo-bomb launcher? No that'd be too big. Maybe something like a cryo-mister or spray. Again lower damage but more intend for its debilitating effects.

Sadly I think any really cool ideas will be hampered by the way secondary ammo works. DE really needs to get into the code and get the ammo pools separated from the gun category, and defined by the actual weapon instead.

Now that I think about it the Corpus weaponry does feel a lot like something from Star Trek. Especially the Supra.

Brasten why are you trying to make me cry?

Cause Corpus just strike me as guys who'd want to keep collateral damage to their ships/bases down. Things that ricochet by design don't seem... a smart choice. The Mine Ospreys and the rockets/sticy-bombs of the Jackel/Hyena are about the most... area damaging weapons in their current kit.

The Grineer, The Grineer have that kind of "oops, well I didn't like the idiot anyways" mentality that would make bouncing weapons a thing for them. Especially when trying to deal with packed Moas or Infected.

Although I'd give on a repulsion bomblet. I.E. make stuff that run into it bounce.  See Tenyu's idea. Actually more like the little white blobs the Hyena chucks out. If its a weapon that makes 'other' things bounce about, that would be more in keeping. I'm also thinking like old school Halo plasma grenades which, if you chucked a second one well, you could get to 'bounce' off the first one's explosion. Not sure if the current Warframe engine is up to that though... although the way melee weapons can send materials flying needless off into the great void speaks otherwise.

Edited by Brasten