Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buffs to stealth [suggestion]

Nazrethim

Since the recent change to enemy alert made stealth near impossible I come to suggest improvements that don't involve reverting the alertness change.

-Bows and Throwing knives don't alert enemies when missing, instead they are drawn unalerted to investigate the object

-Stealth multiplier duration extended to 45s

-Alarms no longer give away your position to the enemy, instead it puts every enemy on the map in "suspicious" mode. They drop out of it after 10s of the alarm being deactivated.

-You can now hack security consoles when an alarm is not active, it will disable all other security features (cameras, sensors, turrets, other security consoles) for 30s

-Enemies killed by channeling don't have visible bodies.

Just now, Z_Caronte_Z said:

Orivus for the win, right? (I'm loving that weapon)

For the rest, I agree; cool ideas

Melee in general, as in, you equip your melee, channel, make a stealth kill and then retreat to the shadows and the dude who came around the corner doesn't see a body and assumes his pal went to the toilet or something.

8 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Stealth is fine now, but I think we need some rewarding thing when we are stealth, like increase drop from enemis when killed stealthy to have a real interest to be stealthy exept fun.

Stealth multiplier could add the +drop buffs endless modes give so long as you keep it up.

But right now Stealth is in a bad spot because we got an increase in difficulty (enemies being alerted by corpses) without any mechanic working in our favor to balance it out.

2 minutes ago, PhillipAung510 said:

I thought that enemies killed by channeling don't have visible bodies anymore....

Anyway, Yeah, cool ideas.

Nope, they can still see a body destroyed by channeling, similar to how Nekros can still desecrate them.

"I think those faint energy particles floating there for a fraction of a second MUST be the corpse of my fallen comrade!"

Edited by Nazrethim

1 minute ago, Nazrethim said:

Stealth multiplier could add the +drop buffs endless modes give so long as you keep it up.

Nope, they can still see a body destroyed by channeling, similar to how Nekros can still desecrate them.

"I think those faint energy particles floating there for a fraction of a second MUST be the corpse of my fallen comrade!"

Oh... That made me laugh... Anyway, I think like you were 5 meters near them, but for me, it was pretty fine.

I should check that out though.

2 minutes ago, Yaerion said:

Good ideas, Nazrethim. +1

Also it'd be good to have the vision cone of the enemies, like in many other games. The vision cone is deactivated if we're spotted (to avoid unnecessary mess when hordes of enemies are coming at us).

Could be added to Enemy Sense/Radar/Animal Instinct/Sonar by default on the minimap icons.

Also, we could have a new Simaris widget that leaves a "mark" on enemies scanned and they show up on the minimap and trough walls. So you could scan them when they are exposed and then follow their movements when they go out of LoS.

On 11/16/2016 at 3:43 PM, lukinu_u said:

Stealth is fine now, but I think we need some rewarding thing when we are stealth, like increase drop from enemis when killed stealthy to have a real interest to be stealthy exept fun.

Tbh, it was fine before. Easy but hard-ish (when no stealth framing that is) and also rewarding 

IMO, the new changes were just a try to make warframe a stealth game like others, but it's really not. It doesn't have to be realistic. And even with the extra XP bonus, it wasn't OP like Draco or something 

I just wish they at least take a second look, this is just not fine :/ 

and I love your ideas OP