Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime design lore discussion

Cyborg-Rox

1 hour ago, GX339-4 said:

voted.

Really appreciate it. 

To be honest, i really thought the "Create additional lore" answer was going to be at the top but it's pretty close to the change her appearance answer. I find that surprising. Maybe there's more people angry about it than i thought.

Also here is the poll in case someone missed it: http://www.strawpoll.me/11718437

Edited by Stoner74

3 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Really appreciate it. 

To be honest, i really thought the "Create additional lore" answer was going to be at the top but it's pretty close to the change her appearance answer. I find that surprising. Maybe there's more people angry about it than i thought.

Also here is the poll in case someone missed it: http://www.strawpoll.me/11718437

Maybe you can start a new thread to post this poll. I choose the 'change her appearance' answer.XD

2 minutes ago, GX339-4 said:

Maybe you can start a new thread to post this poll. I choose the 'change her appearance' answer.XD

Oh but i did. It got merged to this thread almost immediately after i posted it. 

Edited by Stoner74

18 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

That's actually a pretty interesting theory, I like that it fits the timeline of Warframe's history, what with Gersemi only recently becoming available compared to standard Valkyr. I think a lot of people think of Warframe's content, outside of direct plot stuff like quests and events, as basically existing in a static period of time, with new skins and content being added to the same time period, the "present" that never actually moves into the future. I certainly never thought about skins appearing in the universe over time until now.

Certainly there is also the argument that RL timeline is not in-universe timeline; that nothing in the game is set in stone and up to change, until it is finally "released".

But even then there is no denying that there was a Beta period experience, and some players' entire experience falls within this period. And even then retcons and reworks are possible.

The whole matter is that trying to seek a 'canon' will always be problematic. This is the nature of any media.

I understand there are people who like things defined; and then there are people who are comfortable with paradoxes and inconsistency. 

The only thing we have to be aware of is being overly demanding of an author/developer for their 'Word of God', as though this was a severe case of bad authorship, when it is just what happens with any grand fictional universe.

All I will add is this, courtesy of the Bard of Stratford-upon-Avon:

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

14 hours ago, Belgard said:

Looks great. Did you win?

Also is this a megathread now? Would be nice to be called that, with all the merging that went into it.

Thank you. I didn't qualify; participants had to physically visit the relay. I couldn't make it to the relay at the deadline, so I'd asked if I could just PM the host my entries. Host obliged / said I could send them, but he'd check with the judges to see if it would fly. Fellow judges said nope.

13 hours ago, arch111 said:

valkyr_in_ze_of_earth_s_new_moon__same_as_the_old__by_armormatrix-da8xyzo.jpg

Awesome shot :D

Thank you.

39 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

1) Take the Gold Pacifier off and pass it around to all the Banshee Players

2) Give back her Gersemi Tail

3) Make her Hysteria Claws come out of her Orokin Gauntlets like in the Predator Movies

cc1c8a73650df2fd91fd21bfc37aa12e.jpg

This will make sense.

4 hours ago, Stoner74 said:

Oh but i did. It got merged to this thread almost immediately after i posted it. 

I already post a thread about this in my own country's Warframe fan forum. I think this will help this lore-breaking design goes to the right direction.

1 minute ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Wasn't saying there was something wrong, I'm just really surprised!

Well, the devs said they had problems with it and decided against Gersemi. 

That was cool of them to say. All we need is a follow-through with something that closes the case.

16 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Wasn't saying there was something wrong, I'm just really surprised!

Actually, the moderation team basically merged every single thread remotely related to "Valkyr is breaking the lore" with this thread.

So... this is now the "Valkyr Prime is lore breaking" megathread. And yet we didn't get any official answer here. Just fan outcry and tears of the fans of the kittyframe.

Edited by DoppelShifter

Just now, DoppelShifter said:

Actually, the moderation team basically merged every single thread remotely related to "Valkyr is breaking the lore" with this thread.

Basically, this is now the "Valkyr Prime is lore breaking" megathread. And yet we didn't get any official answer here. Just fan outcry.

I don't see a "MEGATHREAD" tag though

Just now, Cyborg-Rox said:

I don't see a "MEGATHREAD" tag though

Yeah, because they didn't add one. But look at the size of this thing, and the fact the mods keep merging threads with this one, and then we can basically say that this is, in practice, a megathread.

Also some mod, please add the actual tag.

On 11/23/2016 at 6:38 PM, Apoc001 said:

considering DE won't change older primes such as Excal, Frost, and Mag, DE are not going to change Valkyrs, no matter how much people whine

DE will either rewrite some lore, or expand upon the existing lore

okay, then just wait DE to say something.