Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

got a grinlok riven mod, does it make grinlok worth using and if so what build do you use on the grinlok?

yarash2110

Question

14 answers to this question

Not sure about the impact of the Mod there without actual testing.

As for Grinlok...It's a nice gun in my opinion, one of my personal favourites. I'm very glad I have a Grinlok Riven though I'm going to be shoring Kuva for cycling purposes as it's currently Toxin+Slash and I'm curious if I can get something fancier.

Build wise I use: Standard Three (Serration, Split chamber, Shred) Point Strike, Vital Sense and the augment, round off with one Pure elemental mod and a Status/Element mod to make Element combo whilst bringing up the Status chance.

I'm not going to pretend it's the best build could go for with Grinlok, but it's a set up that has served me well all told. I'll perhaps modify things if I get something interesting Riven wise but that will depend purely on what it becomes.

Edited by Blakrana
clarification of build being personal, not a general recommendation

1 hour ago, yarash2110 said:

https://goo.gl/photos/JpUa7vR47EnwvZ2u7 

This is the mod, i never used the grinlok but it seems like a great mod and i'm unsure of how good it will make the grinlok, what do you guys think?

Now this here, is a complicated and subjective question you ask. "Is it worth using?".

In the first place, define "worth using". What would that signify? Strong enough to kill lvl 40s with ease? Lvl 60s? lvl 100s? What is "worth using" in your case? When considering it like this, then Grinlok was "worth using" before since it could kill enemies of quite high level. By getting a good Riven mod, you increased what it could kill by like 20-30 levels, depending on the faction.

Or maybe it is related to the feel of the weapon? In this case, a Riven mod will change little for you, no matter how strong.

43 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Now this here, is a complicated and subjective question you ask. "Is it worth using?".

In the first place, define "worth using". What would that signify? Strong enough to kill lvl 40s with ease? Lvl 60s? lvl 100s? What is "worth using" in your case? When considering it like this, then Grinlok was "worth using" before since it could kill enemies of quite high level. By getting a good Riven mod, you increased what it could kill by like 20-30 levels, depending on the faction.

Or maybe it is related to the feel of the weapon? In this case, a Riven mod will change little for you, no matter how strong.

Most importent for me is that the weapon is useful for sortie levels, oneshot headshotting at least tier 2 sortie mission enemies, obviously it wi wreck corpus but i'm unsure about grineer and infested

1 hour ago, yarash2110 said:

Most importent for me is that the weapon is useful for sortie levels, oneshot headshotting at least tier 2 sortie mission enemies, obviously it wi wreck corpus but i'm unsure about grineer and infested

If that's the case, then it's simple. Grinlok is a skill-curved weapon. It you are good at aiming and headshots, it will wreck, even without a strong riven. With that Riven, it will wreck, period. Sortie levels should be no problem.

On 11/19/2016 at 4:59 AM, Blakrana said:

Not sure about the impact of the Mod there without actual testing.

As for Grinlok...It's a nice gun in my opinion, one of my personal favourites. I'm very glad I have a Grinlok Riven though I'm going to be shoring Kuva for cycling purposes as it's currently Toxin+Slash and I'm curious if I can get something fancier.

Build wise I use: Standard Three (Serration, Split chamber, Shred) Point Strike, Vital Sense and the augment, round off with one Pure elemental mod and a Status/Element mod to make Element combo whilst bringing up the Status chance.

I'm not going to pretend it's the best build could go for with Grinlok, but it's a set up that has served me well all told. I'll perhaps modify things if I get something interesting Riven wise but that will depend purely on what it becomes.

You need to replace Point Strike with Deadly Sequence ASAP. It has 2 less drain and gives you an extra 50% crit chance on top of the Sequence status proc.

Just now, Blakrana said:

I have both installed, as I already noted. The name simply escaped me at the time of posting, hence limiting it to 'Augment'

Ah, I missed that. In my opinion it's not worth having Point Strike on at all, as it only increases it by another 22.5%, but that's a matter of preference I guess. I wish that Deadly Sequence had a 175% increase to base crit chance, so with both mods you would get a 103.125% crit chance and have a 3.125% chance to get a redcrit every once in a while.

Just now, s0tenikk said:

Ah, I missed that. In my opinion it's not worth having Point Strike on at all, as it only increases it by another 22.5%, but that's a matter of preference I guess. I wish that Deadly Sequence had a 175% increase to base crit chance, so with both mods you would get a 103.125% crit chance and have a 3.125% chance to get a redcrit every once in a while.

Perhaps, though I find it dubious we'd see a Base crit affecting mod that extreme.

As far as much goes I'm going to see where my Riven ends up. See how that mixes up build directions. May as review with a full hand than before I've finished drawing it, as it were.