Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is Stupid

OnyxWolf

I did always found the weapon prohibition sortie condition a bit strange. I think its fair if the condition blocked out regular weapons like pistols, rifles, shotguns or Snipers while only one type would work but how do you disable weapons such as bows, throwing weapons or even melee weapons? That never made sense to me and i think it should be changed so that the more "primitive" weapons would work thus not forcing any player into a deadlock.

Edited by Hieracon

2 hours ago, MrM1 said:

You can always craft the sniper and keep it in your inventory for sorties or other situations. That's what people do. I know many people who have all weapons in the game in their inventory. Every. Single. Weapon. In the inventory.

I don't have every weapon but that's how I roll with every weapon I acquire, I never get rid of any because of the chance of a weapon eventually being buffed, animations improved or challenges such as this sortie coming along.

Edited by UrielColtan

4 hours ago, SaurusRex said:

Gosh it's almost like sorties are supposed to be endgame content for experienced - and well equipped - players and may in fact require you to face challenges, such has having a limited weapon selection

Amazing

Artificial Gear checks do not an endgame make, especially when that gear is not endgame-tier outside of being forced to use it.

7 hours ago, Azur_Fenix said:

My feeling on bows, Hate them and don't use them and or own them. Have all other weapon types but bows. So you can imagine my pissed of annoyance when two days in a row last week it has bows only as a condition.

6 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Then keep a bow, you don't have to like it but having one means you can do it. I don't like Thrown Melee but i keep the Infested one just in case i need to have one for some reason.

Good idea just to be ready, there's always the Crossbow option too, might not be nearly as bad for someone that doesn't like Bows. The Attica is functional and I actually rather like the Zhuge and it's stats seem to keep it going pretty well. If one does actually prefer the Attica it might not be too crazy to try and get a Riven mod for it.

6 hours ago, Gorila_Azul said:

Dex Sybaris should count as a sniper.

No, seriously, it's a sniper rifle.

This. And the Lex Prime too, one of my favorite Sniper Weapons, heh. ;-)

7 hours ago, Gorila_Azul said:

Dex Sybaris should count as a sniper.

No, seriously, it's a sniper rifle.

It's a marksman rifle:

Spoiler

A designated marksman rifle (DMR) is the weapon used by soldiers in the designated marksman (DM) role. The DM's role fills the gap between a regular infantryman and a sniper, typically being deployed at ranges of 250-600 m (273.4-656.17 yards) and DMRs have been developed with this middle ground in mind.

These rifles have to be effective, in terms of accuracy and terminal ballistics, at ranges exceeding those of ordinary assault rifles (250 m or less), and battle rifles, (up to 500 m) but do not require the extended range of a dedicated sniper rifle (typically employed for targets at ranges from 500 m - 2 km).

DMRs, however, often share some basic characteristics with sniper rifles in difference to the weapons carried by others in the DMs unit. DMRs may have an attached telescopic sight, quickly deployed stabilizing bipod to allow optimized accuracy and low-recoil in temporarily fixed situations or an adjustable stock.

They will, though, generally retain semi-automatic firing capability (more rapid than bolt-action sniper rifles) and a larger magazine capacity of 10, 20, or 30 rounds depending on the firearm in question.

7 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

And the Opticor is a better one than most of the actual Snipers

Except that it has the longest delay before its first shot, and has the second longest delay in between shots (first being Vulklok) of all weapons in the game.