Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] TWW "They gave up"

EmptyDevil

So i haven't seen much discussion about this person or thing. IMO this is one of the things that raises the most questions, along side the mysterious voice at the end of the quest.

NWvSSgv.png

Who/What is it?

What were they doing in this cave?

Were they attempting to recover their memories as well? If not, what was their task/goal?

Why did they give up?

How long have they been there?

Did they draw the pictures on the wall of the cave?

ETC.

The pictures. Some are depictions of things in the cave:

Spoiler

2i1uIiy.png

Q12l0qK.png

E7Tc4bZ.png

6dYw7vk.png

R2KjOeD.png

I have my own headcanon and theory formulating about it, but I'm curious to see what others think.

I was under the impression that the cave represented the Operator's mind, as you go there right as the Queen starts doing her Continuity thing, and when you leave you go back to that exact moment. If that is the case, maybe the dead beings are depictions of the adults who died aboard the Zariman, while the to-be-Operators survived.

3 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

Honestly, I want it to be. Just so we can know more about him. Ever since The Second Dream, Stalker has proven to be quite interesting 

I agree that Stalker is very interesting. I hope we learn more about the character in the next quest.

1 minute ago, YUNoJump said:

I was under the impression that the cave represented the Operator's mind, as you go there right as the Queen starts doing her Continuity thing, and when you leave you go back to that exact moment. If that is the case, maybe the dead beings are depictions of the adults who died aboard the Zariman, while the to-be-Operators survived.

I thought it was a representation of something within their mind as well, but then i noticed that body is still there outside of the dream, when you're making your way to Teshin on the peak.

Just now, venon23 said:

for what i get it for continuaty is some kind of switch bodys tecnic not eating ppl alive

Yeah I get that, it was figure of speech, I mean the body is there, clearly no bitemarks.

I meant more like their spirit, will and mind were eaten.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure Rebecca asked if that was a dead Tenno, and Steve said "nah". This was in the last Devstream.

Doesn't mean they won't come back to it if they need to use it in the story.

My own thinking is it isn't anyone: whole thing was a dream sequence. (Unless someone spotted the same body, as well as the other skeletons, when we come back to the Mountain Pass in the flesh.)

In regards to the images I can only make out the first 2 because colourblindness.

First one could be the Sun I guess, not sure.

Second one intrigues me though. Someone terrified of great looming shapes, first thing that comes to mind is what it would be like for a child in the Yuvan theatre. 

Paraded about whilst the great looming Orokin judge you.

13 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure Rebecca asked if that was a dead Tenno, and Steve said "nah". This was in the last Devstream.

Doesn't mean they won't come back to it if they need to use it in the story.

My own thinking is it isn't anyone: whole thing was a dream sequence. (Unless someone spotted the same body, as well as the other skeletons, when we come back to the Mountain Pass in the flesh.)

Steve seemed to be a bit secretive about the body when she asked from what i recall.

The body is definitely still there after the dream sequence though. I replayed the quest earlier to be sure.

12 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

In regards to the images I can only make out the first 2 because colourblindness.

First one could be the Sun I guess, not sure.

Second one intrigues me though. Someone terrified of great looming shapes, first thing that comes to mind is what it would be like for a child in the Yuvan theatre. 

Paraded about whilst the great looming Orokin judge you.

The first one kinda looks like Lua, or the Ayatan sculpture in one of the rooms.

27 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Steve seemed to be a bit secretive about the body when she asked from what i recall.

The body is definitely still there after the dream sequence though. I replayed the quest earlier to be sure.

Okay. Didn't know it showed up in the physical world, too.

1 hour ago, Vesiga said:

Honestly, I want it to be. Just so we can know more about him. Ever since The Second Dream, Stalker has proven to be quite interesting 

Not to mention the entire missing scene that they've had going for the longest time with the Stalker dropping the sacrificial Loki head while surrounded by the Sentients. That never gets addressed in the slightest.

I never even saw those cavepaintings. Must replay quest!

But I am torn. Dream or no, those Golden Maws and the powers we remembered seemed real enough.

Why not both? A Void Dream should have the power or traversing space and time. So in those seconds, we really was someplace else.

Like the Zariman who drifted for years. But for the military only a.week had gone by.

In the dream, it's probably just a representation of what will happen to the operators should they, well... Give up. Alternatively, it's the original mind that inhabited the body, and the operator is actually themself an amnesiac orokin.

In the real world... Probably just a body... Though the question is, why are there bodies there?

4 hours ago, Vesiga said:

inb4 Stalker's dead Tenno

Let's hope not. That'd be the cheapest and most forced "all is connected" contrivance.