Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rising Sun Flag (Saita prime suit)

Tron_G

9 minutes ago, Noobverest said:

What's so WTF about it?

It's like 1/4th of the rising sun flag and besides.....

You might not know about it but the Japanese Navy still uses the rising sun flag. (As in right now, in 2016, very current.)

You might not know about people live on the other side of where you live would get offended.

Look for the history contents if you want to find out why.

This is very rude DE... you can't do this.

I am with Sal.

Edited by gompapa

1 minute ago, gompapa said:

You might not know about people live on the other side of where you live would get offended.

I am with Sal.

I am Chinese and I study Asian history. 

I don't think I need to elaborate anymore.

History, is history. Complaining about using a mark that looks similar to 1/4th of the rising sun flag sounds like jumping to conclusions and racist. 

1 minute ago, Wolfdoggie said:

http://thewandereronline.com/why-one-should-never-use-the-japanese-rising-sun-flag-by-dongwoo-kim/

Well this is what a quick google search gives me. I'm too innocent to have this knowledge beforehand.

His is the pretty version.

If you ever try reading research papers on the topic, you'll find that it wasn't just involved with the Japanese (though they were mostly responsible)

11 minutes ago, gompapa said:

I am with Sal.

Just stop coloring it this way. Should I be offended when someone use only red color, because it reminds me of Communism in my country? No. 

7 minutes ago, Noobverest said:

I am Chinese and I study Asian history. 

I don't think I need to elaborate anymore.

History, is history. Complaining about using a mark that looks similar to 1/4th of the rising sun flag sounds like jumping to conclusions and racist. 

You would never understand unless you are part of that culture.
Please do not assume you would know all these by studying Asian history.
I am not complaining, trying to respect those who has history background with this symbol.

Studying Asian culture/history never makes you feel the same as they do. It is just a story you know about.

Just now, gompapa said:

I am not complaining, trying to respect those who has history background with this symbol.

Studying Asian culture/history never makes you feel the same as they do. It is just a story you know about.

I don't know, I'm Chinese, my family is from Fujian I thought I was pretty "part of the culture" already.

BUT I GUESS NOT.

Just now, Noobverest said:

You'd have the Jewish community come out instead of the Asian one.

Perhaps.

There are no guarantees, and I'm getting to the point where I'm sick and tired of everyone walking on eggshells because they might offend people over perceived offenses.

At some point, people just need to be shown the freakin' door.

5 minutes ago, gompapa said:

it's okay, that guy doesn't care about all the people who were taken advantage of, all the women who were tricked and became sex slaves... etc.. etc..

he just wants to brush it off as history

Just now, onieyez said:

it's okay, that guy doesn't care about all the people who were taken advantage of, all the women who were tricked and became sex slaves... etc.. etc..

he just wants to brush it off as history

Sex slavery has been a thing since Wars were a thing.

In Africa, male labourers had female sex trade workers provided to them as they mined the minerals and ores needed to make cars, trains, and such.

In Japan, American troops had a little fun with the comfort women before they released them in the late 1940's.

In China, Chinese merchants kidnapped Women from villages starting from 1936, when Japan first invaded, and sold them to the Japanese for money.

There's a lot more, if you're interested, go research it on JSTOR, or use another university-level journal article research database. Tons of it out there, not sure if you really want to read articles for fun though.

Sure Japan did horrible things to women, but so did the american troops in Italy, and the German troops elsewhere. Sexual slavery was a global war effort. Everyone contributed.

Really guys, stop getting triggered. I apologize for not fact checking but if the world allows the Japanese navy to use that flag, then its fine. 

If we want to bring "real research" then here you go:

"[The Rising Sun Flag] is still used in Japan as a symbol of tradition and good fortune, and is incorporated into commercial products and advertisements" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising_Sun_Flag)

Edited by TheDubsteppingNinja

5 minutes ago, Noobverest said:

Sex slavery has been a thing since Wars were a thing.

In Africa, male labourers had female sex trade workers provided to them as they mined the minerals and ores needed to make cars, trains, and such.

In Japan, American troops had a little fun with the comfort women before they released them in the late 1940's.

In China, Chinese merchants kidnapped Women from villages starting from 1936, when Japan first invaded, and sold them to the Japanese for money.

There's a lot more, if you're interested, go research it on JSTOR, or use another university-level journal article research database. Tons of it out there, not sure if you really want to read articles for fun though.

Sure Japan did horrible things to women, but so did the american troops in Italy, and the German troops elsewhere. Sexual slavery was a global war effort. Everyone contributed.

so you're saying that horrible things should just let them be just because they have always been a thing?

4 minutes ago, onieyez said:

so you're saying that horrible things should just let them be just because they have always been a thing?

I really don't want to jump in but I hate it when people say "soooo you're saying..." No, they were not saying slavery is fine, don't put words in anyone's mouth. What was ACTUALLY said was you should probably see where you are standing before you accuse someone of doing something that you also did. 

Edited by TheDubsteppingNinja