The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potato Bps For 1Mil Credits.

Aspari

No.

Go spend $5 on platinum and support the game.

You win the most short-sighted comment award.

No, seriously. If DE wants my money more often than they already do, they need to put cool stuff out in the market that's just a pain in the &#! to make. COOL STUFF. Not stuff that's necessary for the gameplay in higher levels. Warframe Chassis skins, more helmets, different variations of Warframe powers, new Sentinels, new weapons (without most of them being melee), exclusive mods that are actually worth a damn (lol Handspring). I'll support the game more than I already do if they keep making cool stuff. But right now I have all the potatoes I'm ever going to need. It's the people who are a lot less fortunate than you and I who love this video game and would support this game if their financial situation would otherwise allow them to support this game who need more accessibility to potatoes.

At 1 million credits I'd really hesitate to buy em atm, I only have 1.7m. I've never tried farming credits but think it takes quite a while to make 1 million.

Not as much as you'd think. Alerts that only give credits are very frequent. Void missions also give a hefty amount of credits per run. Perhaps 1 mil is too much but as the OP states, numbers OP. Of course this thread is purely my opinion and probably biased because I've played Grand Chase and Rusty Hearts and they use disturbingly similar mechanics and marketing compared to Warframe.

I also get it.

However i'm used to paying for things. I wish more people lived in the UK where working people have to pay for other,non-working peoples (read; scumbag wasters) problems. That's how i feel every time the f2p vs paying player argument arises (in whatever disguise it uses).

Paying for the game allows it to continue so that EVERYONE may benefit. Therefore there must be mechanisms to generate revenue and limit access to things.

I also don't think droves of freeloaders leaving due to exclusives is bad.

*post rant* And to keep it on topic the above is why i would like to see catalysts/reactors where they are.

Lol.  Because those freeloaders aren't making it possible to run missions, right?  Think for a second or two before you blather nonsense in some kind of ridiculous attempt to illustrate how you don't understand how the f2p system works.  F2p games that can't maintain a large player base die a slow and painful death.  The paying population of most successful f2p games is tiny.  Without free loaders, there would be no one to play with.

Edited by Aggh

You win the most short-sighted comment award.

No, seriously. If DE wants my money more often than they already do, they need to put cool stuff out in the market that's just a pain in the &#! to make. COOL STUFF. Not stuff that's necessary for the gameplay in higher levels. Warframe Chassis skins, more helmets, different variations of Warframe powers, new Sentinels, new weapons (without most of them being melee), exclusive mods that are actually worth a damn (lol Handspring). I'll support the game more than I already do if they keep making cool stuff. But right now I have all the potatoes I'm ever going to need. It's the people who are a lot less fortunate than you and I who love this video game and would support this game if their financial situation would otherwise allow them to support this game who need more accessibility to potatoes.

But if they do that and even one sentinel/ frame/ power/ weapon comes out above average, the game is instantly called P2W.

But if they do that and even one sentinel/ frame/ power/ weapon comes out above average, the game is instantly called P2W.

No, that's called Powercreep. You can make something a different flavor of awesome in "X" item and not have it blatantly better than "Y" item.

Lol.  Because those freeloaders aren't making it possible to run missions, right?  Think for a second or two before you blather nonsense in some kind of ridiculous attempt to illustrate how you don't understand how the f2p system works.  F2p games that can't maintain a large player base die a slow and painful death.  The paying population of most successful f2p games is tiny.  Without free loaders, there would be no one to play with.

QFT. I think a lot of the "DE needs to eat" crowd have three main issues with their opinion on the matter.

1. DE is doing fine. They are not hurting for money. The game is more successful than they ever expected. They say this all the time.

2. The F2P business model is dependent on most players being free players. Having a ton of these "freeloaders" are one of the most important aspects to making the game successful. If the huge free playerbase dies, the game dies.

3. Because of the importance of free players, DE needs accurate feedback of how the games systems are being perceived by the free players. This makes "Just pay money and support DE" posts actually more harmful to DE than helpful, as they are an attempt to inhibit free player feedback.

Back on topic; Personally, I support this idea. It makes potatos available for free, but at a rather prohibitive (but not completely prohibitive) cost. Or in other words, available but not convenient. Tier 3 void keys are not common enough to be able to just farm up 1mil credits easily.

I don't think #2 is actually true in this case.  Warframe is not an MMO, and it's MMOs, not F2P, that require the large player base.  With it's severely limited social interactions, complete lack of anything that requires more the 4 players, and largely soloable content, it does not have the great need for a large player base a free to play MMO would.

I don't think #2 is actually true in this case.  Warframe is not an MMO, and it's MMOs, not F2P, that require the large player base.  With it's severely limited social interactions, complete lack of anything that requires more the 4 players, and largely soloable content, it does not have the great need for a large player base a free to play MMO would.

I disagree. I don't think it has anything to do with whether it's an MMO or not, just that it's a F2P multiplayer game. The reason it's important is because whether you can solo or not, playing with people is the main draw, so players basically become the content. This will likely become much more evident when they re-work the lobby system to have proper matchmaking, improve and add to the dojo, and implement more high level content that can't be easily soloed.

MMO simply stands for Massively Multiplayer Online.

You can argue about what Massively Multiplayer means, but labeling games is always flawed in some way.

A game is a game. It can be unique, it can be a copy of something else, but we don't need to label it further than "A space ninja shooter."

I disagree. I don't think it has anything to do with whether it's an MMO or not, just that it's a F2P multiplayer game. The reason it's important is because whether you can solo or not, playing with people is the main draw, so players basically become the content. This will likely become much more evident when they re-work the lobby system to have proper matchmaking, improve and add to the dojo, and implement more high level content that can't be easily soloed.

Did you by any chance happen to play any Mass Effect 3 multiplayer?  Very similar setup.  Third person shooter, heavy focus on grinding, never required more then 4 people.

Whole thing behind a $50 paywall, and it's doing fine.  The large population is not necessary.

its way to cheap.

i suggest 17Mil for weapon potato

and 28Mil for warframe potato

the goal is to make players puke while farming. so in the end you still buy it with plat.

remember that we have winter soon and devs need warm closes. and a lot of them need very important things like new underwear etc.

Potato BP can be reward for wave 40+. It would make people do defense for something other than xp and mods. But again, Potato is exclusive item, so getting them should be pain in the &#! to. As for credit sink DE could make booster for rare mats. You buy booster that lasts one or two missions, and you get higher chance to get rare mods.

Edited by RoboDog

its way to cheap.

i suggest 17Mil for weapon potato

and 28Mil for warframe potato

the goal is to make players puke while farming. so in the end you still buy it with plat.

remember that we have winter soon and devs need warm closes. and a lot of them need very important things like new underwear etc.

Way too far. 1 mil is almost too much. You don't want to make it pointless to try to farm that many credits.

Potato BP can be reward for wave 40+. It would make people do defense for something other than xp and mods. But again, Potato is exclusive item, so getting them should be pain in the &#! to. As for credit sink DE could make booster for rare mats. You buy booster that lasts one or two missions, and you get higher chance to get rare mods.

Just to get this out of the way, potatoes are in no way an exclusive. Something is an exclusive is a clan weapon because that's the only place you can get said weapon. Another example is a Playstation exclusive games because you can only get said game on the Playstation. You can get potatoes from alerts, log-in rewards, and the Market for 20 Platinum. They aren't exclusive. (But 1 mil is still a pain in the &#! to grind for and even after that you have to have the resources and extra credits to build it.)

I'm all for potato BPs as an endless defense reward but in order for that to happen the reward system needs to have its rewards scale with the waves. In other words the RNG needs to have strict parameters.

I'm also all for Resource Boosters being a thing so long as they don't cost more than XP and Credit boosters.

Did you by any chance happen to play any Mass Effect 3 multiplayer?  Very similar setup.  Third person shooter, heavy focus on grinding, never required more then 4 people.

Whole thing behind a $50 paywall, and it's doing fine.  The large population is not necessary.

I put about 1500 hours in ME3 MP http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=HomeyCDawg201&platform=pc.

The thing about Mass Effect though is that it is an established franchise, one of the most popular in the industry, with a huge publisher behind them. That's going to attract a different audience, many of whom (myself included) did not buy it for MP at all and got addicted after the money was spent.

Also, I still play it from time to time, and it does actually have a pretty large playerbase, even after more than a year games are easy to find. They could have charged for each of the MP DLC's but they didn't because they knew the importance of making sure the player-base had equal access to everything.

Edited by HomeyCDawg

I put about 1500 hours in ME3 MP http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=HomeyCDawg201&platform=pc.

The thing about Mass Effect though is that it is an established franchise, one of the most popular in the industry, with a huge publisher behind them. That's going to attract a different audience, many of whom (myself included) did not buy it for MP at all and got addicted after the money was spent.

Also, I still play it from time to time, and it does actually have a pretty large playerbase, even after more than a year games are easy to find. They could have charged for each of the MP DLC's but they didn't because they knew the importance of making sure the player-base had equal access to everything.

It got a boost to begin with from the name, though not as huge as you'd otherwise expect since the genre it was attached to wasn't one highly connected to MP gaming.

It featured heavily a lot of the things that Warframe gets major flack for.  DE gets yelled at for the RNG, but compared to ME3MP, they're downright generous. 

You can't really compare a B2P game to a F2P game, especially when the B2P game is part of a well established series published by one of the largest publishers in gaming. Business models have to be integrated into games, you can't just make a game and then arbitrarily decide whether or not you're going to charge a flat amount upfront or decide to sell in-game items, different business models will allow you to make different design choices.

You DON'T need taters. Get to lvl 30, forma (from void, great chances), and repeat. All slots polarized to your liking can go a long way.

Taters are a convenience for the most part.

(I still wish we could get them for free more often though)