The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cernos Prime Feedback

Gsterman

For those of you that dont know, the Cernos Prime has an innate 3 arrows, which turns into 5 arrows with a chance for a 6th with split chamber. This sounds great until you realize that the bows damage is split between these arrows.

This is a major problem for the simple fact that bows are mid-long ranged weapons. Since the damage is divided between the arrows and the arrows spread a considerable distance, its nearly impossible to do full damage at the range the weapon is intended for. And if you get in close quarters you're at a disadvantage since bows are charge weapons and arent good in close range.

What we have right now is a straight nerf from the Rakta Cernos. Either make it so that the arrows dont divide the damage up or remove the feature alltogether.

so... it's a bow-shotgun kind of deal?  I don't see an issue with any of it haha you can use the bow at whatever range works for you - I use the daikyu at close range when it's meant to be a sniper-type bow.  I'd love to try testing various meta with how the cernos prime splits the damage like that.  There's always an OP trick hidden in these weapons, but it can just take time to find.

1 minute ago, RawGritz said:

Totally disagree. There are plenty of bows that function like rudimentary bow weapons. Innate multishot on Cernos Prime seems solid and mostly original to bow weapons. 

I dont know what the second sentence means. As for the last sentence, it isn't solid by any means. It divides the damage up by each arrow meaning you do about 1/6 of the total damage for each arrow. And when the spread looks like this n3SYYyD.jpg

its nearly impossible to use at long range.

My only issue is that this feature makes it a direct downgrade to the Rakta Cernos, which is better in literally every aspect save for base damage. Theres no point in using a bow that performs lackluster at range, where its meant to thrive, over its other and better version. If they could find some way to change it so that each arrow does more damage I would be fine.

1 minute ago, Antiphoton said:

So it is a sidegrade after all. Good.

It's a direct downgrade

1 minute ago, Naftal said:

Keep the multishot but increase base damage.

Sounds fine to me. Having every shot only do around 3000 damage is ridiculous for a bow.

1 minute ago, Gsterman said:

Sounds fine to me. Having every shot only do around 3000 damage is ridiculous for a bow.

If the accuracy is as bad as people say, they should at the very least have same base damage value per arrow as other bows. Even then if you compare it to for example Tigris Prime it isn't that good.

Edited by Naftal

it's different as it is, while still being very powerful. i'm all for it.

20 minutes ago, Gsterman said:

at the range the weapon is intended for.

And if you get in close quarters you're at a disadvantage since bows are charge weapons and arent good in close range.

the Range it's intended for is not what you want to make it to be, but what Effective Range it has as it stands....

Bows really don't have any negative qualities at Close Range.

Edited by taiiat

Just now, Jin_Kazama said:

Looks like a sidegrade to me, terrifies people close range.

Im also very happy about this ^

Just means those people that spent 9999 plat on a riven mod for it are more upset

As i've stated before, it's a direct downgrade. You have to be literally point blank to hit anything with all the arrows which isn't practical at all with a bow. On top of that each arrow only does up to about 3000 - 4000 damage fully modded.

The spread actually makes Cernos Prime the only bow that's somewhat effective against nullifiers. When aimed at the side of the bubble from a medium distance the arrows will hit at intervals long enough to clear multiple damage gates. It pretty much halves a full sized bubble with a single shot.

Just now, NyxCrab said:

Do you have an extinguished key equipped or was each shot a crit?

The damage is divided between each arrow.

According to warframe builder the most damage I could possibly get was around 22000.

22000 / 6 = 3666.6666666...

3 minutes ago, Gsterman said:

The damage is divided between each arrow.

According to warframe builder the most damage I could possibly get was around 22000.

22000 / 6 = 3666.6666666...

I'd try it out more tbh. Unless the dude who works on WF builder updated shortly after Valkyr P came out it doesn't even the Zarr yet so the damage values are probably wrong. Still, it's a little disappointing that the damage works similar to shotguns so it loses in single target DPS but hey, it's better at dealing with crowds now.

Posted this in a previous thread:

I really like the idea and I don't want any changes to the multishot mechanic or remove it - if it is intended to be a close range weapon for single targets or targets in a line or for laying down a spread of arrows over a horizontal area then I feel this is quite an interesting and fun to use mechanic.

1 minute ago, NyxCrab said:

I'd try it out more tbh. Unless the dude who works on WF builder updated shortly after Valkyr P came out it doesn't even the Zarr yet so the damage values are probably wrong. Still, it's a little disappointing that the damage works similar to shotguns so it loses in single target DPS but hey, it's better at dealing with crowds now.

You can input stats yourself. I've also tested it extensively, the damage is divided between the arrows. You can also just do the calculations yourself in the arsenal.

16 minutes ago, Gsterman said:

each arrow only does up to about 3000 - 4000 damage fully modded.

you're definitely not very well in touch with the numbers in Warframe.

here's an example of paper damage, with taking a Cernos and reducing it's base Damage to 120 (360 / 3 == 120). note the negative Aura Damage, which at that value reduces Base Damage to exactly 120.
VY8batb.png

so on paper, it's ~6200.

but now wait a second, if we stop being dumb and actually know how numbers works....
the paper Damage of say Paris Prime is....
6WQgBXS.png

please learn how numbers in this game work before you complain about numbers in this game!

and these paper numbers aren't what you see in game anyways. with that Paris Prime there, when you actually shoot an Enemy, each of the two Arrows in the Shot will deal ~30,000 Damage.
so a single one of the Arrows from Cernos Prime will be dealing ~21,000 Damage.

Edited by taiiat