Jump to content

Upcoming 'New' Sortie rewards should be reviewed


Valiant
 Share

Recommended Posts

Someone had to create this topic... Might as well encourage the constructive rustling of jimmies. The recent topic we've had about sortie rewards are - to me at least - disturbing. They're in the spoiler below. Sorties are considered high level content, even endgame (ha), so naturally once you get past whatever difficulties you may encounter you expect to feel a little rewarded. I'm not sure how I can feel rewarded after said content when I receive something like 3 nitain, or a forma. A single forma or three nitain (which isn't really that hard to come by if you pick up the odd alert). Forma, it's considered by some more rare than the old days, but is it really that rare to be a sortie reward people?

So we're also going to have the Endo rewards reduced and a limit introduced, I believe. That sounded great because some people have just had a string of 2K endo. However, it feels to me that the tables are just going to be diluted even further with unrewarding rewards. How has someone come to the conclusion that these are suitable rewards for sorties?

One thing to make these tables better? Boost the counts of the rewards to compensate if you're that desparate to keep them. Another? Seriously review what rewards are actually rewarding for the content and remove those which just should not be there.

I personally hate how overpowered Sapping Osprey's can be with their odd hit detection with both their attacks and the hitboxes of their mines, serious damage and their mine spam. However, one thing that keeps me going is thinking that it should be worth it with the potential of a decent reward at the end. I just cannot wait to go through some of the norm to be rewarded with something like a single forma, 3 nitain or a 3 day booster, which I most likely will not use because either I'm bored or I simply do have other things to do. That isn't how you encourage players to play your game (well, some might be with the booster but hey...). That carrot being dangled in front of us should really be tasty when we finally get it, not mouldy and foul.

Not only that, I can't be the only one who also thinks others may feel that yes, it's nice that we've finally been listened to and changes are arriving. But then you've gone a step backwards with these iffy rewards. It's one step forward and two steps back. It can be seen as both encouraging and disencouraging.

To go through hazards and whatever else to be rewarded with some of these? Not satisfying. I know some people may consider sorties easy, I have sometimes, but I sincerely doubt (I don't speak for everyone here) the majority feel this way. So it can be tough and it can be an effort. So getting handed these at the end of it will most likely be tiring and produce a 'What...?' moment and make you think 'Why bother?'.

---

Aside from all of this, 2K endo, it should be going. It shouldn't be there. 2K is a pathetic amount. Either 4K needs to be buffed with 2K going or only 4K should exist. Seeing 2K is infuriating, just like 25 cores when there were/are easier and more efficient sources out there for cores.

Spoiler

 

39 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Riven Mod
Endo (2K) (radically lowered drop chance)
Endo (4K)
3 Day Booster
Lens/Greater Lens
3 Nitain
Forma
Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint
Exilus Adaptor Blueprint
Legendary Core.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Naith
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's what I'll do: I'll play a week, if I think something feel wrong, then I'll give the corresponding feedback.

The reward list is not what worries me per se, it's the lack of an actual method of ensuring the acquisition of Riven Mods. There must be something we may be able to do to get one for certain.

I mean, I haven't gotten one ever since I finished the quest...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not happy that the reward pool was diluted with the addition of 3-day boosters and forma.  The addition of a nitain pack will make some people happy, but for me it's just additional dilution.  And that list doesn't include wraith and vandal weapons that are a common reward of sorties.

I'm glad I don't care about riven mods.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

I'm not happy that the reward pool was diluted with the addition of 3-day boosters and forma.  The addition of a nitain pack will make some people happy, but for me it's just additional dilution.  And that list doesn't include wraith and vandal weapons that are a common reward of sorties.

I'm glad I don't care about riven mods.

Those are rewards from invasions now.

Edited by NightmareT12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

Here's what I'll do: I'll play a week, if I think something feel wrong, then I'll give the corresponding feedback.

The reward list is not what worries me per se, it's the lack of an actual method of ensuring the acquisition of Riven Mods. There must be something we may be able to do to get one for certain.

I mean, I haven't gotten one ever since I finished the quest...

I think I'm more concerned about these being added (they shouldn't be) and it taking XYZ amount of time to change. DE is good at listening to feedback but they can also be the opposite. Bit of good and bad. People complained about sorties, we eventually got changes, we complained again, we eventually got changes. Just all about the timescales for me I guess.

I think it's also down to the point that this problem just shouldn't really exist as the bottom line is these are not decent rewards for the content.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Naith said:

I think I'm more concerned about these being added (they shouldn't be) and it taking XYZ amount of time to change. DE is good at listening to feedback but they can also be the opposite. Bit of good and bad. People complained about sorties, we eventually got changes, we complained again, we eventually got changes. Just all about the timescales for me I guess.

I think it's also down to the point that this problem just shouldn't really exist as the bottom line is these are not decent rewards for the content.

Not really, here's how I see it: You can do these daily, and absolutely all of the rewards have use in the game. All are infinitely used, with the Exilus being the "worst" out of the bunch because there's only a finite number of frames. But all of these can be used on weapons, frames, mods. One of them is a 3 pack of a resource that's only obtainable through alerts, and some people will be able to take it easier when they get it.

I mean, it seems stupid, but I'd enjoy a week of 6K Endo, a couple potatos, a lens and something else. I'm going to use them and save me some plat.

The only reward that's suffering in that list are the Rivens, because they're obtainable only through this. And that's what sucks so much. At least the other rewards you can work hard to earn, but this one not. This one's completely at the mercy of Fortuna lady Luck.

Edited by NightmareT12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

Those are rewards from invasions now.

Awesome!  That means fewer free potato bps now.  But that's just me throwing a hissy fit.

My main problem is that the only reason I'd run a sortie is for a legendary core, and that just got harder with the reward table widening.

Where's the token system Sheldon talked about so long ago?  Probably tossed away.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From chats in my alliance getting Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint is like winning the lottery....

I'd kind of like to see a process somewhere inbetween what we have now and what we had before.  After x of each item you can't get it anymore until you've had at least one of the others and no 2 days are the same items. 

Personally I'd also like to see kuva added into the rewards...we've got riven mods in there so we need kuva from somewhere and farming the siphons isn't fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Not really, here's how I see it: You can do these daily, and absolutely all of the rewards have use in the game. All are infinitely used, with the Exilus being the "worst" out of the bunch because there's only a finite number of frames. But all of these can be used on weapons, frames, mods. One of them is a 3 pack of a resource that's only obtainable through alerts, and some people will be able to take it easier when they get it.

I mean, it seems stupid, but I'd enjoy a week of 6K Endo, a couple potatos, a lens and something else. I'm going to use them and save me some plat.

The only reward that's suffering in that list are the Rivens, because they're obtainable only through this. And that's what sucks so much. At least the other rewards you can work hard to earn, but this one not. This one's completely at the mercy of Fortuna lady Luck.

They still aren't good rewards for what you go through. It's supposedly meant to be difficult, yet rewarding content. A single forma which you can get via relics? Not three, not two, but just one. I'm not sure how you can support that.

Regardless, it doesn't matter about whether there's a whole lot of use out of them (people will eventually use their Endo piles). It's simply about decent rewards for the effort. That's kind of like having 5k credits as a reward but saying 'Well they have use in the game'. Yeah, they do, but is it a suitable reward for what we're doing? No, not particularly.

I don't mind endo either (2k can go to hell, 4k can give me a hug), just like how I loved getting 50 cores. Nor do I actually mind a lens. However, it can become tiresome when it could be the same rewards over and over and the novelty of the rewards run thin.

Edited by Naith
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Naith said:

They still aren't good rewards for what you go through. It's supposedly meant to be difficult, yet rewarding content. A single forma which you can get via relics? Not three, not two, but just one.

Regardless, it doesn't matter about whether there's a whole lot of use out of them (people will eventually use their Endo piles). It's simply about decent rewards for the effort. That's kind of like having 5k credits as a reward but saying 'Well they have use in the game'. Yeah, they do, but is it a suitable reward? No, not particularly.

I don't mind endo either (2k can go to hell), just like how I loved getting 50 cores. Nor do I actually mind a lens. However, it can become tiresome when it could be the same rewards over and over and the novelty of the rewards run thin.

What would be rewardful though? Remember that these are daily missions.

Maybe we're all just saying the list is too wrong or too fine, but no one's giving to DE a heads up of what we actually want. What would we want?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At this point I think I'm just going to hate whatever they do to sorties until they implement a token system. I don't want lenses from sorties. Hardly anyone does. Even the people who want lenses would be happy with putting lenses somewhere else. Put them in the void. Make lense alerts. Just get them out of sorties. Getting a lense is worse than 2k endo. 

It sounds like they just removed X chance to get 2k endo and shifted that to new items instead so that we're exactly where we left off with Riven mod RNG if not in an even worse place. They could have just removed 2k endo and left that chance partially on 4k endo and partially on the new crap, but they really wanted to leave us with at least some chance to still get 2k endo I guess...

As far as forma goes, I do use it a lot, but I can go into a fissure with a common forma bp relic and get forma BPs really easily. At least this is completed forma rather than a BP I guess/hope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

What would be rewardful though? Remember that these are daily missions.

Maybe we're all just saying the list is too wrong or too fine, but no one's giving to DE a heads up of what we actually want. What would we want?

Not a single forma or just 3 nitain or a booster which runs out in 3 days, even when offline.

But more seriously as I said, boosting the count might be more interesting and suitable for now, but the count of a single forma or three nitain doesn't seem fair (I know I keep repeating myself). I just don't see why they felt the need to add low rewards in when people were complaining about reward frequency and dilution, as this potentially counters their efforts. People keep mentioning it but maybe even a token system, it wouldn't be as simple as one token for one reward though, as I could imagine that would destroy a source of income in some respects for DE.

To be honest I didn't mind the weapon part rewards we used to have. I wouldn't actually mind having new weapons added with these parts returning to the sortie reward list. Eventually, once we get more Riven mods they may add them as separate rewards which don't rotate, so we'll get a chance of a Rifle Riven, or a Melee Riven or something later down the line. However, it doesn't mean we need to put up with tedious rewards in the meantime.

In a way it also brings another issue to the surface - what else does Warframe have to offer? One could say it's a decent example of lacking endgame stuff. Apart from that, just because Warframe may be lacking decent high content rewards it doesn't mean you put shabby fillers and booby prizes in to compensate. It's just bad practice.

Edited by Naith
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...