The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey there DE, I don't want Nitain and Forma in sorties, and here's why

Evanescent

Players: Hey DE, change the sorties so they are more rewarding

DE: k, we'll add a bunch of random S#&$ and dillute drop tables even further

For some reason it really reminds me of Vacuum within, where we asked for a specific thing and the devs applied some twisted logic to give us something much worse.

While I'm in favour of more places for Nitain, sorties isn't the place and I love Forma but again sorties isn't it.  I have hundreds of T1 Relics lying around all of which can drop a Forma BP much of the time for a quick and easy mission.

That said a Forma is of more use to me than a Cat or Reactor.  Everything I like already has one 

Edited by Sabreracer

They should just take out endo and not add in easily farmable stuff. Nitain pops up multiple times every single day, I can farm 2k endo in 10 min easy, forma I can kind of understand but it needs to be already built and it needs to be at least 2 or 3 as a single reward.

Wait, is this a thing for real?

3 nitain, lol. And it takes an average of 2 public frissure runs to get a forma BP, and veteran players have hundreds of OC, morpics, neural sensors and neurodes, ant millions of credits.

However, i don't mind getting endo, because i still need to max like 6 primed mods, and then there are the rare10 parkour mods etc.

I disagree. Forma is just as useful to me as 2k Endo. If they are going to insist on a common pool, then i don't mind having forma be a part of that. I don't use nitian anymore, but I'm sure there are some players that wouldn't mind getting that every now and then instead of another 2k Endo. For all this talk about how easy it is to get forma and nitian it's even EASIER to get Endo from various sources.

What most of you are asking for is to get rid of common rewards. Forma doesn't decrease your chance to get rare rewards at all. If DE doesn't want people maxing their 15 Riven limit in a month, then no amount of common items added will change that. 

Most of you are just asking to be drowned in rewards. What many of you don't realize is that is the fastest way to make sorties and other content irrelevant

Edited by Hypernaut1

3 hours ago, Evanescent said:

Before I start, I wish to establish the following:

1)Sortie system is meant as endgame

2)Sortie system is therefore meant for veterans/experienced players or at least advanced players

3)Ergo, Sortie system should cater to veteran/experienced player needs

Now, 

Why 3 Nitain is bad:

Compensation aspect: Chopping and squirming through level 60-100 enemies with sometimes infuriating modifiers is not validated by receiving just 3 Nitain, please do not treat this like normal mission rewards because sorties cannot be repeated for rewards. Receiving x10 amounts would be better, but there is the:

Relevance aspect: At Sortie levels you are likely to have already made everything requiring Nitain, and even if you have not, you are doing alerts from them. There are not enough items to justify a resource as a reward especially because said resource cannot be freely contributed to anything unlike endo, and Sorties are not done to farm resources.

Why Forma is bad:

Compensation aspect: Again, the effort and the reward of 1 forma (even if built) is not proportional. One can far easily farm resources and/or plat to purchase forma packs from the market or set them building, as receiving one from a sortie is the same as setting one to build and getting it-each can only be gotten once per day if built/run. And then there is again the:

Relevance aspect: Forma is a good reward for new players who have need for it, but for sortie level players they are likely to already have a stockpile of forma or have need of far more than just 1, and can far more easily get more forma than a sortie can award in the same timeframe.

Both rewards are most beneficial for newer players, yet it is unlikely newer players at the stage where they would be appreciated would be doing sorties.

They are also competing with more relevant rewards to the target player group.

This also applies to 2k endo-it is simply not justifiable to have it stay in the reward pool for the reasons stated above.

What would be better and more relevant as rewards (in addition to current pool)?

I would say they should include some of the following:

1) Large Relic packs-Relics are always in demand, and desired.

2) Large Kuva packs-The RNG nature of Kuva ensures they will always be in high demand and always be useful, feeding into the Kuva mods that can also be gained from Sorties

3) Cosmetics and skins- NOTE: NOT EXISTING ONES. When it is said fashionframe is  truly endgame, it is only said half in jest. These will be appreciated more, especially if they are like Ayatan sculptures where they can also be cashed in for a desirable resource and also be used to decorate and add to prestige.

4) Arcanes- The nature of the raids is highly exclusive, and contrary to some people's beliefs I do not believe they would eliminate the running of raids. It would rather encourage them because people would be able to:

a)Get more arcanes than possible before with 3 raids and a sortie, b)Have arcanes be more accessible and therefore having them in grasp, would be more interested in completing them.

A Higher chance for Rivens to be awarded should also be considered.

This concludes my statement. Thank you for reasing!

_Evan

You continue saying "At sortie level player" .... i started 3 months ago , and since the 2 week i started to do sorties without any problem , even alone .... and i didnt had all my frames with formas , or 300 formas in inventary, or all the nitain items . If you dont like the reward say that ... but not argument things that are not real .

And you recommend Relics ? a "Sortie level player" (based in your arguments) has thousens of then and can farm it very easily and pretty much the same with the Kuva , in day one i farmed more than 30-35k of Kuva .... 1 day .

Assuming the 2k endo went byebyes I wouldn't mind them putting Nitian or forma into the sortie rewards as long as I start seeing a daily 2k endo in regular alerts. Otherwise I just see it as a sortie reward nerf via reward table bloat with no upsides.

Edited by Ghogiel

3 hours ago, Evanescent said:

1) Large Relic packs-Relics are always in demand, and desired.

2) Large Kuva packs-The RNG nature of Kuva ensures they will always be in high demand and always be useful, feeding into the Kuva mods that can also be gained from Sorties

Those are two very good ideas. I don't mind the Forma and Nitain(if there are more things comming that need it) though.

27 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I disagree. Forma is just as useful to me as 2k Endo. If they agree going to insist on a common pool, then i don't mind having forma be a part of that. I don't use nitian anymore, but I'm sure there are some players that wouldn't mind getting that every now and then instead of another 2k Endo. For all this talk about how easy it is to get forma and nitian it's even EASIER you get Endo from various sources.

What most of you are asking for is to get rid of common rewards. Forma doesn't decrease your chance to get rare rewards at all. If DE doesn't want people maxing their 15 Riven limit in a month, then no amount of common items added will change that. 

Most of you are just asking to be drowned in rewards. What many of you don't realize is that is the fastest way to make sorties and other content irrelevant

I'm not asking them to scrap Forma, I'm asking them to consider making it something more than just 1 forma. I think we can agree a single forma isn't a good payout for a sortie.

15 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

You continue saying "At sortie level player" .... i started 3 months ago , and since the 2 week i started to do sorties without any problem , even alone .... and i didnt had all my frames with formas , or 300 formas in inventary, or all the nitain items . If you dont like the reward say that ... but not argument things that are not real .

And you recommend Relics ? a "Sortie level player" (based in your arguments) has thousens of then and can farm it very easily and pretty much the same with the Kuva , in day one i farmed more than 30-35k of Kuva .... 1 day .

1)Even if you don't have forma and nitain stockpiled, do you really think you would be happy doing a sortie and getting a single forma/3 nitain for your troubles? I don't say sortie level players, I say the targeted audience, mainly the experienced players who happen to that audience, have them. You do not because you have just started. Especially because, as you say, you were able to farm 35k Kuva in one day-surely getting a tonne of forma bp and resources needed to make them easily is no task for you? Why then clog up droptables with the clutter?

2) Good for you. But Sorties are meant to keep the players I mentioned busy, and were made specifically as an endgame system for them. Therefore, I suggested the rewards be suited for them. A new player is of course free to start doing sorties, and more power to them if they can complete the missions. But I assure you, judging by the new players I coach every month, that doesn't seem to the majority of the case. 

3)You forget that it is now not possible to stockipile "thousands" of relics now because they are removed and new ones are added with each PA cycle. So they would be appreciated nonetheless.

4)If you ground 35kk Kuva in one day, I sweep my hat off to you. But it being a new resource and it being as scarce as it is, it would not be unwelcome as most other people without boosters have not had the fortune to amass this fabled 35k in one day, especially not players I have seen a couple of months in.

5)These are suggestions I feel are pertinent, and may or may not be agreeable to you. The main point is that I don't feel 1 forma or 3 nitain are suitable rewards, and they could stand to be rectified. With what is ultimately up to DE.

But thank you for weighing in!

3 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Yep, their entire justification for the change was that Carrier was being used too much.

Yeah, so how does that equal a nerf? Seriously, think about it. Carrier being used too much = DE giving Carrier a new power and making Vacuum universal for Sentinels =/= Nerf

Now if they touched Carrier's stats or never gave Carrier a new power, then that would be a nerf. DE did neither of those things.

1 minute ago, EmptyDevil said:

Yeah, so how does that equal a nerf?

They thought that carrier was being used too much so they were trying to make him worse so that people would use something else. It caused a massive poo-storm, and Carrier came out of it even stronger.

Taking a 12m vacuum away from carrier and giving everything a 6m vacuum was a massive nerf.

Just now, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

They thought that carrier was being used too much so they were trying to make him worse so that people would use something else. It caused a massive poo-storm, and Carrier came out of it even stronger.

Taking a 12m vacuum away from carrier and giving everything a 6m vacuum was a massive nerf.

Uh no. I don't know who fed you that nonsense, but DE never altered Carrier in any way other than to give it a new power while making Vacuum universal. It went like this:

- DE gives Carrier a new power.

- DE makes Vacuum innate to all Sentinels, but reduced the range to 6 meters. The cause of the range being reduced that much was to appease people that hated having Vacuum on for some reason, but still liked Sentinels over Kubrows/Kavats, since it would basically be forced on them by being innate. DE didn't make it a unchanged universal mod initially, because some people complained about it becoming a mandatory mod. DE tried to please too many people at once.

- Community complained about the range of Vacuum being nerfed.

- DE decided to not try to please everyone and took the best course of action. That was to change Vacuum back into a mod and to give it the normal range back.

- Everyone that uses Vacuum is happy.

So yeah, it had nothing to do with nerfing Carrier. Don't know why you're taking the universal Vacuum change as some kind of personal attack. DE is not out to get you or Carrier users.