Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash rework discussion: I am scared

-HoB-KurtOn

So we all know today arrives Ash bladestorm rework..So i have some things to point out and see what you have to say..

Before:
-If 20 enemies came in a group, you would press 4 to kill them, so you dont have to think about you dying etc.
-Neverminding the enemy level, you will keep hitting them until they dead, if they dont die, you simply recast.
Soon/today: (what is/would/going to happen after rework)
-If 20 enemies came in a group, you would die, we wont have the time to mark all of them and execute them.
-Multiple tags on an enemy: Soon you will have to mark enemies multiple times to get them killed if they are tough which is really bad imo, so if 5 lvl 150 heavy gunners came up to you, you couldnt save yourself by pressing 4 and going into safemode while ulting, but instead you will die, becouse like i said, no time to mark such high dmging enemies.

I feel sorry for the people who will buy Ash Deluxe skin to not even play considering how broken (in a bad way) will it be..

Sorry for my bad english and possibly bad explanation but i hope you understand what i ment, basicly, what i mean, you aint gonna save to bum this time when the rework arrives.

4 minutes ago, KurtOn99 said:

Soon/today: (what is/would/going to happen after rework)
-If 20 enemies came in a group, you would die, we wont have the time to mark all of them and execute them.

Why not think outside the box and use something like Smokescreen? No... that would be ridiculous, right?

I think it's a good thing.  Instead of Ash's bladestorm being a lazy, "press 4 to win" button you actually have to paint the targets and take the risk of being shot at while doing it.  I still wish they would have removed the "enemies are invulnerable" thing while it's happening but alas, we don't always get everything we want

Just now, KurtOn99 said:

Cant wait for you to jump in T4 defense with you ash, and mark enemies one by one.

Void towers arent really a thing anymore...

And its not like ash is squishy, his actually pretty tanky. If you cant mark the enemies or deal wiith them without bladestorm id say that theres something wrong with your playstyle because Ash have plenty of survivalbility in both Smokescreen and in his health.

11 minutes ago, KurtOn99 said:

Smoke screen that lasts for 1.x seconds? Becouse thats how it is when having BS bulid on your ash.

Then don't use a build with 17% Power Duration.

1 minute ago, -Krose said:

I really dont mind about the Ash rework...

My question is, the Arcane Trickery will work? The "Ash" himself will be doing the finish move to activate the arcane?

Why would it not work? Blade Storm's damage type is going to remain finisher damage.

4 minutes ago, KurtOn99 said:

I gave an example for this specific frame, no need to be a #$&(% :)

I'm not being a #$&(%, whatever it means. Just saying that other frames don't have that super quick damaging ability that wipes up all the room while making you invincible. Skills that do give a certain damage resistance or immunity are specifically made for that, and generally don't do anything spectacular except that. Bladestorm is not just intruding on both DPS and damage mitigation realms, it's basically sitting there near the top of both.