The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe vs Borderlands

Dissonetic

Warframe is basically Borderlands with some new mechanics and a fresh coat of paint. We have tons of guns, with most of them being worthless, and a grab-bag of wonky powers that you use rarely unless you want to cheese with them. But Borderlands has one thing that made super strong enemies bearable to fight that Warframe seems to have ignored in their scramble to mimic the game: Rally System. You could revive your allies, or they could revive themselves by killing enemies in their downed state and come back with the most minimal amounts of health, making another down likely, but it also made going down feel less punishing. Bosses were fun to fight in Borderlands because, even if the boss obliterated you, you could just revive yourself off the trash mobs in the room. Death was ultimately just as meaningless as it is in Warframe, but dying felt like a struggle to survive, and not 20 seconds of boredom waiting for your character to drop so you can hit the revive button. And on that note, Warframe should probably add the ability to "Give Up" in the downed state so you can revive faster, especially if you know your allies won't/can't save you because you were killed in a toxic moshpit.

Warframe needs a system like this, especially if they refuse to remove the recent slew of enemies that just obliterate warframes. We're supposed to be super powerful and feared wardens of the solar system, only matched by the most inhuman of enemies (Bosses)... And yet every Bursa, Nullifier, Corpus Tech and Bombard past level 50 literally oneshot us with no chance to retaliate. Even newer enemies are completely immune to damage unless we awkwardly use our operators in the middle of a mosh pit of other enemies just to make them vulnerable.

On a final note: Features in video games exist to make the game more enjoyable or challenging. Warframe has done a lot of good stuff that Borderlands never did. Take all the Ui and HUD changes over the years. All of these are nice... But they don't really help me enjoy the gameplay. Scaling in Warframe is far too broken compared to Borderlands. Getting obliterated with no chance to avoid/stop the damage isn't fun in any game. I would like to make a request and ask that you remove some of your focus from adding frills to Warframe, and instead focus on rebalancing the scaling system. It has gotten a little nuts. The period of time where the Warframes and the Enemies feel relative balanced with one another is such a short period of time. It comes and goes in literally one defense mission wave... But that wave is where I, as a player, have the most fun.

Warframe vs GoW vs CoD vs L4D vs Every fps that exists. Am I doing it right?/s

You can't compare two games just because they share a few similar things, especial when one has space magic. If it wasnt for the fact players can press 1 button and cheese it to lvl 400+ mobs I would agree, but there's no reason to argue that the game is remotely "difficult", if anything I'm sure a lot of players would like more difficulty but thats not a fix that happens overnight, it'd need a complete re-balance and re-make of almost everything.

Gummbers/Bombard/Nullifiers are pretty much the only things that can stop us. Annoying bandaid fix? Sure but it's barely noticeable unless you're running endless stuff. 

Edited by xFrostKnightx

Having a way to get a second wind would be interesting considering how some tiles can be massive. Even an option to instantly die and go limp to revive would be helpful. I can not tell you how many times I've seen a squad member go down from across the map and only just getting there as the timer hits 0.

Although there wouldn't much risk as we're only losing affinity accrued during the mission, so having that wouldn't reduce the risk.

15 minutes ago, LoudNoize said:

Warframe is basically Borderlands with some new mechanics and a fresh coat of paint. We have tons of guns, with most of them being worthless, and a grab-bag of wonky powers that you use rarely unless you want to cheese with them. But Borderlands has one thing that made super strong enemies bearable to fight that Warframe seems to have ignored in their scramble to mimic the game: Rally System. You could revive your allies, or they could revive themselves by killing enemies in their downed state and come back with the most minimal amounts of health, making another down likely, but it also made going down feel less punishing. Bosses were fun to fight in Borderlands because, even if the boss obliterated you, you could just revive yourself off the trash mobs in the room. Death was ultimately just as meaningless as it is in Warframe, but dying felt like a struggle to survive, and not 20 seconds of boredom waiting for your character to drop so you can hit the revive button. And on that note, Warframe should probably add the ability to "Give Up" in the downed state so you can revive faster, especially if you know your allies won't/can't save you because you were killed in a toxic moshpit.

Inaros is a thing. Also soul punch augment...focus way...I don't know what else you might want. You can view the bleedout as punishment, it's basically the only way to fail some mission types. Revives became pointless after going from per day to per mission. The way Borderlands does it you could also ask "why do I even have a health bar?"

Warframe needs a system like this, especially if they refuse to remove the recent slew of enemies that just obliterate warframes. We're supposed to be super powerful and feared wardens of the solar system, only matched by the most inhuman of enemies (Bosses)... And yet every Bursa, Nullifier, Corpus Tech and Bombard past level 50 literally oneshot us with no chance to retaliate. Even newer enemies are completely immune to damage unless we awkwardly use our operators in the middle of a mosh pit of other enemies just to make them vulnerable.

Yes, scaling and operator are stupid.

On a final note: Features in video games exist to make the game more enjoyable or challenging. Warframe has done a lot of good stuff that Borderlands never did. Take all the Ui and HUD changes over the years. All of these are nice... But they don't really help me enjoy the gameplay. Scaling in Warframe is far too broken compared to Borderlands. Getting obliterated with no chance to avoid/stop the damage isn't fun in any game. I would like to make a request and ask that you remove some of your focus from adding frills to Warframe, and instead focus on rebalancing the scaling system. It has gotten a little nuts. The period of time where the Warframes and the Enemies feel relative balanced with one another is such a short period of time. It comes and goes in literally one defense mission wave... But that wave is where I, as a player, have the most fun.

You're forgetting the scaling in Borderlands was just as bad as in Warframe. Enemies in BL2 would just absorb damage like it was nothing unless you had slag and could break your shields in one hit. The only reason one shots weren't a thing in Borderlands was because there was a healthgate mechanic to stop you from dying immediately in UVHM, which Warframe doesn't have yet. Slag is basically CP too, so while it made them squishier they still dealt a ton of damage.

Though having a rally system for reviving yourself would be nice, though Inaros's passive would need a change as he already has a similar system for his passive.

Eugh No, at first i like borderlands, but after playing warframe i just can't look at borderlands because how come a full paid games can be more grindy and has worse RNG than F2P games? on top of that it's beyond broken compared to warframe, Balance is worse, exploits and cheesing are everywhere. Second wind is needed there because balance practically non-existent that constant revive can be justified.

If any, DE have to do everything they can so warframes becomes the complete opposite of borderlands. Fix the scaling so death becomes fair experiences that made you admit defeat, instead of something meaningless and probably exploitable because you can constantly revive yourself.

You can't really compare those two since they appeal to different audiences and whatnot. 

In Borderlands, it is all about getting the best gun and the journey to get the best gun, which the game revolves around. Even the story revolves around opening vaults in order to get the best gun with each boss potentially giving out the best gun. The ridiculous scaling in Borderlands is there for you to try out your best guns on to see if you really do have THE best gun.

Warframe on the other hand, is more about personalization. Everything in this game is to fit certain playstyles and to express yourself. You choose what weapon you want to run with, then you upgrade that weapon you want to run with. The story is very personal, as it is about finding about your past as a Tenno. The sort of "endgame" of Warframe is all about personal customization and getting the loot that you would like to have.

Warframe = Borderlands

???

How do you even come to that conclusion? Like, seriously? They are LITERALLY almost nothing alike, which the exception that you shoot things. 

Also, I doubt that DE plans to start just stealing mechanics from other games, especially one as iconic as Borderlands' Second Wind. Besides, you already have Inaros. We already know scaling is terrible, DE said at some point they were gonna fix it, but it remains to be seen if actually plan to do that.

Honestly though, people comparing Destiny and Warframe are bad enough, but Borderlands? Sheesh.

1 hour ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

You can't really compare those two since they appeal to different audiences and whatnot. 

In Borderlands, it is all about getting the best gun and the journey to get the best gun, which the game revolves around. Even the story revolves around opening vaults in order to get the best gun with each boss potentially giving out the best gun. The ridiculous scaling in Borderlands is there for you to try out your best guns on to see if you really do have THE best gun.

Warframe on the other hand, is more about personalization. Everything in this game is to fit certain playstyles and to express yourself. You choose what weapon you want to run with, then you upgrade that weapon you want to run with. The story is very personal, as it is about finding about your past as a Tenno. The sort of "endgame" of Warframe is all about personal customization and getting the loot that you would like to have.

Agree. One thing both have in common is that they are both excelent games

11 hours ago, LoudNoize said:

They are two very different and distinct games. Not similar at all...aside from the whole you can shoot something with a gun.

Second Wind was mentioned, and just throwing in my 2 cents. I have backflipped up for no real reason when I've gone down as Nekros with shadows up every once in a while. Sometimes multiple times in a mission, though I only get up with like 25-50 hp, but I have shadows and no scorches around me usually and a group weapon like the ignis usually.

They are nothing alike.

One thing alone sets them apart...

I've been a Maya player from day one, Maya absolutely decimates things from leveling up through UMVH. I never have the fear of her being "reworked" into uselessness. 

The only really big changes that altered how people play were the Bee and Conference Call nerfs which some people say were needed. 

18 hours ago, LoudNoize said:

Warframe is basically Borderlands with some new mechanics and a fresh coat of paint.

I have played both games and the only thing similar between the two is guns and Claptrap's voice actor made and appearance.  They are completely different outside of the two things I mentioned. 

Please dont upset me with this comparison. The two game is really on a different level technically, story-wise, gameplay, and replayability. And every other comparison also is a big mistake at this point of the life of WF.

Borderlands is almost as unique and special in the early 2000's of the game industry as half life and quake and unreal tournament was in the 90's.

You can't compare _this_ "Game" to THE game.

Never ever make that mistake again son, no offense.

Edited by H0PE