The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How would you feel about a Nova rework?

PapaFragolino

4 hours ago, xV3NOMx said:

Nova, Antimatter Drop  

This ability should be faster and not a guided projectile. (maybe it should also have a spread effect as "Saryn, Spores" that causes,  "All enemies in range are coated in antimatter that destabilizes their molecular structure" -[quoted from Nova, Molecular Prime description] )

No, because the ability does too much damage. It's balanced by being slow and requiring multiple steps to use. Remove that and it likely would not take long for the ability to get the nerf-hammer.

On 12/5/2016 at 8:02 PM, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

Nova does NOT need a rework. 

The only thing in her kit that needs to be adjusted is her Snitches. They do next to no damage. 

Nova is one of the ONLY frames that is in a perfect spot. 

- Not OP 

- Not weak 

- Does what she is made for VERY well 

- She can be modded to fit different situations. 

I agree. Maybe it's the weapons that are OP, not Nova herself. She's one of my favorite warframe regardless <3

1 hour ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

No, because the ability does too much damage. It's balanced by being slow and requiring multiple steps to use. Remove that and it likely would not take long for the ability to get the nerf-hammer.

It is okay if you don't agree, but when aiming at far targets with "Nova, Antimatter Drop" ability, it seems there is too much delay time (damage is still the same with or without speed increase).

[ If you already think the Developers would "nerf" this ability, then it does not matter if "speed" is a variable or not.]

My Recommendation: "Nova, Antimatter Drop" ability to cause a similar effect as "Saryn, Spores," which enemies in range would be coated with "Antimatter" instead than its current effect. 

Thanks for the reply, Tenno.

2 hours ago, xV3NOMx said:

It is okay if you don't agree, but when aiming at far targets with "Nova, Antimatter Drop" ability, it seems there is too much delay time (damage is still the same with or without speed increase).

[ If you already think the Developers would "nerf" this ability, then it does not matter if "speed" is a variable or not.]

My Recommendation: "Nova, Antimatter Drop" ability to cause a similar effect as "Saryn, Spores," which enemies in range would be coated with "Antimatter" instead than its current effect. 

Thanks for the reply, Tenno.

Please no change to Antimatter drop XD

The guided thing gives it so much versatility, especially with AM Absorb.

Nova is one of the last few frames that need a rework.

• Her 2, in conjunction with a strong gun can nuke anything in a radius,
  • her 3 closes long distances at the same rate or faster than bullet jumping and sprinting,
  • and her 4 can slow down(or even speed up) an entire room, double damage on affected enemies, and turn them into bombs!!

All she needs is a few tweaks on her 1, and she'll be one of the most well-rounded frames in the game, more than she already is!

4 hours ago, Quantum.X said:

But the third does exactly what it was made to do. Wormhole, AM drop and MP are in such a perfect state, even considering to 'rework' them makes me paranoid.

I can completely understand your paranoia, Nova is one of the best frames right now with a really diverse yet synergtic skill minus her one. I can understwnd an minor qol to her one or rework of one but i see why your afraid.

They only skill that Nova needs is a small buff on Null Star.
Her 4 is a triple threat, but it doesn't stop other players from interacting and the target still needs to be killed.
That is the most important part. Hence she is not within the nerf hammer for a long time.

In the past when anyone killed a target laced MPrime, the kill is always credited to her.
The fix removed this "feature" and made whoever donated the target, thus removing the "non-interaction" part which is inline with DE's plan.
Anti-matter drop is also one of the first few skills that required real interaction. As it needed guidance + pumping damage in it does need some effort on the caster's part. So that is fine as well.

As for Ember WOF, it does so little damage that DE just ignores it.
Without spamming accelerant endlessly, she would not even be viable for level 50 infested.
WOF can do with a greater drain but that's about it. At the moment the damage is nothing but a tickle.

Edited by fatpig84

On 12/16/2016 at 5:26 AM, xV3NOMx said:

So you want to change a useful, unique ability into a carbon copy of another ability that already exists?

No thanks.

On 11/27/2016 at 11:04 PM, AdunSaveMe said:

Nova doesn't need a rework. Her 4th ability isn't even on the same tier as Mesa, Saryn and Ash. Mesa's 4th played the game for you. Ash's 4th played the game for you. Saryn's 4th outshone most of her kit and was a win-button. Nova's 4th is simply a debuff, and as powerful as it may be, it is not problematic.

QFT

It would be unnecessary. She is one of the few Frames I consider to be in a good place along with Frost, Excalibur and Rhino.