Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra + Riven + Chroma = 750k Crits

Berserkerkitten

Sooo... about those Riven Mods allowing folks to use guns in new and unexpected ways. I used a riven mod and a vital sense to push the Supra's crit multiplier to 4.8

pu57uOl.jpg

The Supra's low base crit chance doesn't matter too much when you use an Adarza Kavat and/or Arcane Avenger. Then I went and slapped that thing on Chroma to add his Fury buff for some extra oomph. Basically, it causes the Supra to reliably crit in the hundred-thousands, starting somewhere around 111k and peaking all the way up at over 750k, like so:

y86VgfO.jpg

This is insane. I'm melting gunners, bombards and arctic eximus guys with a single hit even at level 85. Granted, I'm too lazy to unlock the simulacrum and I haven't tested this thing against baddies level 120 or higher. I know there are weapons which hit for much bigger numbers than that, but those aren't usually bullet hoses, which spam large amounts of projectiles all over the place. Of course there's still massive spread, recoil and a bit of travel time, so it's no Soma or Boltor Prime, but... man, I'm happy! I've also made a little video if you're curious to see more than just a static image. You'll have to skip to 4:44 if you just want to see the gameplay and not listen to some idiot ramble about how much he likes this gun.

I know there's a bunch of people who dislike Riven mods or at least the way they've been implemented when they could have simply buffed some of the underappreciated weapons. They're probably right, too. But I think in this instance I'm actually rather happy. XD

EDIT: Yes, thank you, we've all established multiple times that there's clearly a glitch here and this is probably not working as intended, you can stop posting calculations.

Edited by Berserkerkitten

1 minute ago, Bl4zko said:

I don't think it's supposed to work like that haha, but it does look fun. xD

You're probably right and frankly, I have no idea where those insane numbers are even coming from. It's got a base damage of a little over 2k, multiply that by (nearly) ten on a critical headshot, so we're at 20k, then multiply that by five for the Fury damage boost and we're at roughly 100k. How we get from there to 755k is entirely beyond me. o_O

man...

i hope i get a Riven for the Supra...one of my favorite guns.

my life is a little brighter knowing this exists.

Edit - after watching the vid, i think, while becoming a little less tanky, a Toxic Croma could provide invalualble assistance to the Supra

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel
watched the vid

Thats good, but only question is, why this post about supra and Riven?

You use kavat to make crits. You even use avenger to make crits.

You use Chroma... I'm not sure, but don't he made MOST of damage? Like a 500%?

So, why you post pic of that riven mod? I mean this is all about Chroma and a tricky way to make any weapon make crits. Take a pic of your cat instead.

1 hour ago, -JT-_-R3W1ND said:

Thats good, but only question is, why this post about supra and Riven?

You use kavat to make crits. You even use avenger to make crits.

You use Chroma... I'm not sure, but don't he made MOST of damage? Like a 500%?

So, why you post pic of that riven mod? I mean this is all about Chroma and a tricky way to make any weapon make crits. Take a pic of your cat instead.

Simple. Because the riven mod is still the deciding factor here. I quite clearly said that I use the riven mod to get the crit multiplier to where it is, which is causing a huge chunk of the damage. Without it, you'll be struggling to go anywhere near 100k damage on a supra, even with Chroma, kavats, arcanes and vital sense. Besides, the words "Chroma" and "crits" are quite clearly in the thread title, in case you've missed it. :P

Also, there is build https://goo.gl/XZtpJg to make 7640 crit damage before resistance applied.

Your supra do about 12k. I don't see, how you get 100k vs. 750k in this case. your riven gives only 1.56x multiplier.

4 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Because they're completely irrelevant to the crit damage. They just increase the amount of crits, not their actual damage, which is why I mentioned them both in the post and the video, not the thread title. You bored or something? :P

Oh, this is why i even start post here. I just love, how the comunity calculate damage. One bit number is only matter.

This is just brilliant --- crit chance ( kavat and avenger) completely irrelevant to the crit damage.

28 minutes ago, -JT-_-R3W1ND said:

Also, there is build https://goo.gl/XZtpJg to make 7640 crit damage before resistance applied.

Your supra do about 12k. I don't see, how you get 100k vs. 750k in this case. your riven gives only 1.56x multiplier.

Oh, this is why i even start post here. I just love, how the comunity calculate damage. One bit number is only matter.

This is just brilliant --- crit chance ( kavat and avenger) completely irrelevant to the crit damage.

First of all - yes, adarza kavats and arcane avenger only raise crit chance, not crit multiplier, so they do not raise the actual crit damage, plain and simple. They obviously raise overall DPS simply due to critting more often, but they don't make you crit harder.

As for the 1.56x multiplier from the riven mod...

Supra base crit multiplier is x1.5:

ZWcwm2z.jpg

Supra Crit Multiplier with the riven mod is x3.0. That's three times the damage already, as opposed to 50% extra damage on a crit.

PoVHkuw.jpg

With added vital sense it's x4.8, as in 4.8 times the damage on a crit or 9.6 times the damage on a head crit:

sIPWlD5.jpg

The riven mod is the deciding factor. Tell me of any other way to raise the base crit mod on a supra to 4.8 without using a crit riven. 

Adding arcane avenger or an adarza kavat does not increase the crit multiplier, it only causes you to crit more often. Crit chance. Not multiplier. Show me any believable source that states otherwise. 

HOW any of that leads to 750k crits, I honestly don't know. You tell me. The math doesn't add up imho, but it works. So you can contribute and help me figure out why that stuff goes so high or you can keep on pretending that Warframe Builder is a reliable source of information all of a sudden.

21 minutes ago, PoobahTheGrand said:

You just set screwed over yourself my friend

inb4 nerf

-Fixed random bug that would allow the Supra to crit for over 750.000 damage if too many bandaids to its critical chance are used as per [insert link to this post here]