Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] I got a great Gorgon Mod. What kind of build should I use with it?

QueenFiona

Question

Mc8TgJM.jpg

Due to an inexplicable trade where someone wanted any mod that wasn't for the Gorgon, I traded a mediocre Braton mod for this one. Status Duration kind of sucks, to be sure, but this isn't exactly a status weapon and it doesn't matter how long a status lasts if it's Corrosive. I'm not sure this makes it any better than a Soma Prime without a Riven, but it seems like it's more than viable and the Gorgon's more appropriate for my Grineer fetish.

I've been messing with build ideas and the best I've got so far is Serration, Split Chamber, Stormbringer (for Corrosive), Primed Cryo Rounds, Vile Acceleration, Heavy Caliber, and Shred. The idea is to make a kind of spray-and-pray Punch Through distributor which melts through opposing forces through sheer volume of fire. 49945.918 burst, 28043.750 sustained. Crit gave mediocre returns, sadly

Sustained DPS is kind of not the most amazing even here, which is why I'm wary using quality of life mods - ammo mutation would be helpful, since Carrier won't cut it at this kind of ammo efficiency, and it'd be nice to integrate Guided Ordnance to help use the zoom better and really make this a sort of full-auto midrange weapon. But the spread's also nice to a degree. Ignoring status considerations entirely might be nice, too. What do you think? Given the amount of forma I'm going to need, I'd prefer to plan out far in advance.

Here's the build link, and below is the Riven Mod code:

WyIyIiwiMTgiLFsiem9vbSIsIjY2LjEiLCJwb2lzb24iLCI5Ny43IiwidGlyX211bHRpcGxlIiwiMTA2Iiwicml2ZW4tc3RhdHVzX2R1cmF0aW9uIiwiLTg1Il1d

10 answers to this question

36659.696 burst, 25083.610 sustained, and the Gorgon has spool time. Fire rate mods affect not only fire rate, but how fast it spools, so you actually lose more DPS than it looks at first glance.

Math doesn't lie! I'm willing to take a DPS hit for some other benefit, but not just to lower my damage (and maybe get another proc off Cryo).

27 minutes ago, QueenFiona said:

Mc8TgJM.jpg

Due to an inexplicable trade where someone wanted any mod that wasn't for the Gorgon, I traded a mediocre Braton mod for this one. Status Duration kind of sucks, to be sure, but this isn't exactly a status weapon and it doesn't matter how long a status lasts if it's Corrosive. I'm not sure this makes it any better than a Soma Prime without a Riven, but it seems like it's more than viable and the Gorgon's more appropriate for my Grineer fetish.

I've been messing with build ideas and the best I've got so far is Serration, Split Chamber, Stormbringer (for Corrosive), Primed Cryo Rounds, Vile Acceleration, Heavy Caliber, and Shred. The idea is to make a kind of spray-and-pray Punch Through distributor which melts through opposing forces through sheer volume of fire. 49945.918 burst, 28043.750 sustained. Crit gave mediocre returns, sadly

Sustained DPS is kind of not the most amazing even here, which is why I'm wary using quality of life mods - ammo mutation would be helpful, since Carrier won't cut it at this kind of ammo efficiency, and it'd be nice to integrate Guided Ordnance to help use the zoom better and really make this a sort of full-auto midrange weapon. But the spread's also nice to a degree. Ignoring status considerations entirely might be nice, too. What do you think? Given the amount of forma I'm going to need, I'd prefer to plan out far in advance.

Here's the build link, and below is the Riven Mod code:

If I were you, I'd see if Baro is kind and snap up a Prisma Gorgon for your plans.

You'll empty your clip in about 4 seconds and then spend 3 seconds reloading.  I can't stand 3 second reloads so I'd be wanting reload speed in there and would probably drop Vile Acceleration for it.  They are both Naramon polarity though so it wont change the Forma required if you want to try it and see what's more comfortable.

4 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

If I were you, I'd see if Baro is kind and snap up a Prisma Gorgon for your plans

That screenshot shows a Prisma Gorgon...

Edited by Katinka

4 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

If I were you, I'd see if Baro is kind and snap up a Prisma Gorgon for your plans.

Check the screenshot and build link, I've already got one. I probably wouldn't have done the trade if I didn't!

2 minutes ago, Katinka said:

You'll empty your clip in about 4 seconds and then spend 3 seconds reloading.  I can't stand 3 second reloads so I'd be wanting reload speed in there and would probably drop Vile Acceleration for it.  They are both Naramon polarity though so it wont change the Forma required if you want to try it and see what's more comfortable.

In terms of handling, it's not actually a bad move. But removing Shred is better mathematically. It actually raises Sustained by a tiny amount when using (vanilla) Fast Hands...at the cost of Punch Through. I'm not entirely sure if Punch Through would be that useful in real-life situations, especially with Mesa (one of the frames I plan to haul this thing with).

...of course, I don't even have Vile Acceleration right now, but that can be fixed. The -15% damage is usually a drop in the bucket, since it just takes away from Serration or Heavy Caliber. And more to the point, DPS is always theoretical; it's not like I'm always going to be pointing the thing at someone.

I'm also used to three-second reloads with a lot of my weapons. This, at least, looks to be way more practical than the Twin Grakatas...

35 minutes ago, QueenFiona said:

Crit gave mediocre returns, sadly

Prisma Gorgon is a crit weapon, crit works quite well on it. You don't really need fire rate, either. I use Primed Bane, crit, two pure elementals, and a riven mod. Heavy cal instead of primed bane for corrupted. The long reload is easy to deal with this way, since you hit so hard and can fire for so long. Using fire rate makes the reload much more punishing, and hurts ammo economy.

Btw, without fire rate I find I don't need ammo mutation either. For endless missions carrier is enough, short missions don't even need that. If you aim for the head your crit will be much more effective than warframe builder will make it sound, because of the additional 4x multiplier on a head crit. Don't be a slave to warframe builder, that site leads people wrong all the time.

I'm with MrJxt.
Burst and sustained DPS are all very nice, but your ammo economy is going to suffer - and if you want to use that in levels above 50, you're kinda going to need ammo efficiency.

-----

Personal preference, and you might not have it, but if you do - I'd stick that on a Gorgon Wraith instead.
Highest status chance of the Gorgon family + loads of bullets from multishot + Corrosive proc doesn't care about duration = armor goes bye-bye.

Edited by Chroia

I'm a big fan of Punch Through because enemies often do run at you in groups, especially Infested.  Then there's those times a door closes at just the wrong moment or Shield Lancers turn up or the fact you can shoot through one Corpus while still whittling down the Nullifer bubble behind him...  If you can line up two targets then that doubles your DPS and hitting an enemy through a door instead of hitting the door for nothing is even better.  The important thing is still what you feel comfortable with though, since you'll be using it, not me!  Normally I'm fine with Vile Acceleration and, yes, the -15% isn't an issue when you have +165% for Serration nevermind +330% for Serration and Heavy Caliber!  My only concern with it in this case is that you'll be spending almost half the time reloading since you'll empty the magazine almost as fast as you can replace it!

52 minutes ago, QueenFiona said:

-snip-

Prisma Gorgon has 15%/2x critical stats, which means that moding for crits in this case will net more damage than just elemental (if you count the headshots, then it's much more damage).

Your build should be something like:

Serration, Split Chamber, Shred, Point Strike, Vital Sense, 2 elementals and the Riven mod.

IMO that is the most damaging build across the table. Notice that I took out Heavy Caliber, partly because there is no space left and partly because it ruins the Gorgon's imperfect accuracy even more. 

as mentioned before i got here, removing Heavy Caliber and using Crit Mods increases average and maximum Damage.

with a Riven on the table, having Vile Acceleration and Shred is hard to justify. you should probably have Crits, you need two Elementals at the least, two base Mods... starting to run out of space.

after Crit, base Mods, two Elemental - i would go with Shred and Riven.