Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Negative Critical Damage with Riven?

Jeahanne

27 minutes ago, Sebastianx said:

Hm, this made me wonder, will a self-damage weapon with negative damage heal you also? Imagine shooting Ogris at your feet and you get to full health.

I think so. Would be awesome if somebody could try that out, lol.

But all i can imagine now is trolling. I know i'm horrible, but imagine a Sortie Assassination and you insta-heal the target shortly before its dead. xD

27 minutes ago, Extroah said:

I think so. Would be awesome if somebody could try that out, lol.

But all i can imagine now is trolling. I know i'm horrible, but imagine a Sortie Assassination and you insta-heal the target shortly before its dead. xD

I'm just wondering how armor (or for that matter, resistances/vulnerabilities to different types of damage) would interact with a weapon dealing negative damage.

4 hours ago, Sebastianx said:

Hm, this made me wonder, will a self-damage weapon with negative damage heal you also? Imagine shooting Ogris at your feet and you get to full health.

Though at that point you will have a slot reserved to a weapon that can only heal you and those around you.

4 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

-Crit multiplier will probably make you deal less damage when you crit. Which is just as dumb as healing bullets but hey, it's an Ogris, you're not critting with that thing anyway.

Anything above 0 but less than a 1x crit multiplier means you deal less damage with crits

A 0.5x crit multiplier for example would mean you deal half the normal damage on crits.

A negative multiplier should result in negative damage.

Edited by Madway7

15 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Thanks I appreciate it! :D

13 hours ago, DragonSkllzz_of_OG said:

It is a multiplier, but multiplying by a negative amount gives a negative value, what you're describing is an additive value, which adds or subtracts itself, rather than multiplying the base value.

Basically, take 1, now add -0.4, You get 0.6. Now take 1 and multiply it by -0.4, you get -0.4. The second calc is how crit works.

I assumed this was how it works as well. I'll take it to the Simulacrum here shortly and see what I can get out of it, but with only a %5 crit chance it may take awhile x.x

So it's official, I DO get negative damage when I crit. It varies somewhat, the first one I shot only went into blue negative numbers for 5,294 damage, but the second shot did much more (and I managed to screen cap it better). I think this one was a headshot so it was higher.

Ogris%20Negative%20Crit_zpszzi4p8zo.png

A crit build is definitely in order for this thing xD

Edited by Jeahanne

18 hours ago, AXCrusnik said:

OK sorry to burst everyone's bubble but it's a damage multiplier so wouldn't it just reduce the damage by 40%? The multiplier would have to be less than -1.0x to do a heal crit.

When you multiply positive number with negative number you will get negative number.

47 minutes ago, Jeahanne said:

So it's official, I DO get negative damage when I crit. It varies somewhat, the first one I shot only went into blue negative numbers for 5,294 damage, but the second shot did much more (and I managed to screen cap it better). I think this one was a headshot so it was higher.

Ogris%20Negative%20Crit_zpszzi4p8zo.png

A crit build is definitely in order for this thing xD

So, was it a 17k heal or nothing? If it realy is a heal this thing would be the greatest troll of all time XD

29 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

So, was it a 17k heal or nothing? If it realy is a heal this thing would be the greatest troll of all time XD

More like between 5-17k or nothing. I'm going to mess with a crit build and see what works. With such a low crit chance though, I doubt I can get it critting every shot.

*Edit: I highly doubt I'll ever take a crit version of this thing into a mission unless it's requested though. I think people would just HATE me xD

Edited by Jeahanne