Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Gaming Giveaway

[DE]Taylor

2 minutes ago, SmerfMaruda said:

Do I say something about same law in all countries? Are you idiotic?

Sure, there are coutries with embargo like North Korea.. and others with very bad law.

If giveaway will be available in 30+ countries.. i can agree with "DE do their best, country X is not on the list, because of very bad law".. but.. are you really think that there are only 10 countries all over the world with suitable law?

Certainly not.

So.. that's DE decision, not "you law is not suitable for giveaways", "so go outiside and change the law if you are not happy of this".

Thats it. I do not blame DE for this decision.. It's probably quite reasonable.. do not spend few weeks with some nasty bureaucracy, only to allow 20% more players to participate in giveaway. Law is suitable, but require some effort.. so they do not want to do it.

Look at the procedure required by yourself and we'll see. People generally don't know their law so they cry.

On 01.12.2016 at 9:07 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

OUVl1Su.jpg

Whether you're a Founder or a newly awoken Tenno, thank you for being part of the Warframe Community! We could not be where we are today without you. To honor your continued support, we’re giving away some stellar Prime gaming setups!

That’s right - from December 1, 2016 and February 1, 2017, enter our Prime Gaming Giveaway for a chance to win:

• 1 of 3 Prime PC Setups
  • 1 of 3 Prime PlayStation 4 Pro Setups
  • 1 of 3 Prime Xbox One S Setups
  • 1 of 50 Upcoming Prime Access Packs (one week before their release)

To enter, log into warframe.com/giveaway and follow the steps outlined on the website. To complete your entry, you must play Warframe from any time between December 1, 2016 and February 1, 2017

This contest is open to Tenno across all 3 platforms. Winners will be announced during one of our live-streams later on in February 2017!

Full details, including eligibility, are available here: warframe.com/giveaway-rules

====

Here is a list of eligible countries and regions. As much as we'd love to give everyone a chance to win one of our great prizes, there are different competition rules per country/state/province that ultimately determined the final list of eligible locations.

Hide contents

All participants must
(a) be at least 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, (residents of Alabama or Nebraska must be at least 19 years old; residents of Mississippi must be at least 21 years old), at the time of entry;
(b) possess a valid form of identification; and,
(c) be a legal resident of:

• (i) one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, the territories and military installations),
  • (ii) Canada, excluding the Province of Quebec,
  • (iii) Finland,
  • (iv) France,
  • (v) Germany,
  • (vi) Mexico,
  • (vii) Norway,
  • (viii) Russia,
  • (ix) Switzerland, or
  • (x) the United Kingdom. 

These eligibility rules apply for ALL prizes, including the Prime Access Packs. 

22 minutes ago, alejoeye said:

Will not be available for South America :(

Very sad tough. Do you have any family on one of the allowed countries? If yes i think you can ship it to them so they send it to you.

15 minutes ago, Lishensi said:

Thanks for excluding Spain, guess I registered for nothing. Who cares how much € you spend on platinums, DE won't even try to make giveaway for your contry.

Thx4Nothing.

Check you law, the procedure foe giveaways is surely too long to care about for DE. Stop being butthurt and complain, if you want something search a viable solution and give it to them.

Edited by mael9740

On 01/12/2016 at 4:07 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Hide contents

All participants must
(a) be at least 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, (residents of Alabama or Nebraska must be at least 19 years old; residents of Mississippi must be at least 21 years old), at the time of entry;
(b) possess a valid form of identification; and,
(c) be a legal resident of:

• (i) one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, the territories and military installations),
  • (ii) Canada, excluding the Province of Quebec,
  • (iii) Finland,
  • (iv) France,
  • (v) Germany,
  • (vi) Mexico,
  • (vii) Norway,
  • (viii) Russia,
  • (ix) Switzerland, or
  • (x) the United Kingdom. 

On 01/12/2016 at 4:12 PM, Autongnosis said:

No italians :'( Thanks for the heads-up though :)

EDIT: for any EU player wondering exactly what are the regulations impeding DE, this link was posted in the body of the topi and is lost in themayhen, i thought to report it up here http://www.sorainen.com/UserFiles/File/Publications/Guide Promotional Games and Contests in the EU.pdf

@[DE]Taylor , according to the above website, Portugal is elligible, so why is it not listed? Or is there something else besides that website or is the website not trustworthy?

thanks for your attention.

1 minute ago, Manyc said:

@[DE]Taylor , according to the above website, Portugal is elligible, so why is it not listed? Or is there something else besides that website or is the website not trustworthy?

This is the kinda post that is helpfull, not like that type of comments:

44 minutes ago, Lishensi said:

Thanks for excluding Spain, guess I registered for nothing. Who cares how much € you spend on platinums, DE won't even try to make giveaway for your contry.

Thx4Nothing.

5 hours ago, Ben.Rover said:

Well after sinking hundreds of euros into this game I have decided to F*** you very much for this lame giveaway. It's the concept of it. I live in Spain and country is not allowed to participate..  really fire your marketing team the only thing they do is antagonizing players who live in a NON ALLOWED country. How stupid is that ?

3 hours ago, SmerfMaruda said:

Yes.. only 10 countries around the world have law suitable for giveways.. yeah.. sure.. :P

You people, should go and educate yourself BEFORE you start moaning.
Answers to these questions are already in this thread.
and all of you know how to use google.

So if you feel excluded, i suggest quick google research to explain to you why it is so.
if you cannot understand the law in a place you live, well. thats your problem, not DE's

Its INSANELY ignorant, to demand someone to EXPLAIN to you things that you
a) should know b) could know with little to no effort.
Shame on you people. 

Edited by PiotrGracz

1 hour ago, Manyc said:

Reading the full body it looks like it probably got problems for:

• copying the format of a traditional game of chance (specifically, a random draw lottery)
  • authorisation from local authorities

10 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Other than the fact that the whole thing needs to be approved by your National Gambling Office AND be done with the autentication of a Romanian notary you meant? I think those were the problems tbh :)

Theres no such trashy things here,look in the book that guy posted. I won contests (both $ and actual items) in other games and they were sent no problem to my country.....

You know, I wished that only the people from the countries that are allowed to participate would get the "news" of this giveaway, 'cause being able to see it but not join is the same as leaving a piece of meat near a hungry dog.You show 'em the good thing, but it's always out of reach.

Why make something like this and then limit who are the ones that can join?Okay, I get it that it might make it easier to send the prizes and etc, but if you're going to just allow few countries, then put this on the title next time you post another news like this: [RESTRICTIONS:(list of countries)].At least we'll know to not even give a glance at it if we're not eligible.

15 minutes ago, ALKEMIST said:

You know, I wished that only the people from the countries that are allowed to participate would get the "news" of this giveaway, 'cause being able to see it but not join is the same as leaving a piece of meat near a hungry dog.You show 'em the good thing, but it's always out of reach.

Why make something like this and then limit who are the ones that can join?Okay, I get it that it might make it easier to send the prizes and etc, but if you're going to just allow few countries, then put this on the title next time you post another news like this: [RESTRICTIONS:(list of countries)].At least we'll know to not even give a glance at it if we're not eligible.

Don't be salty at DE, blame the place you live in for stupid laws that prevent giveaway prizes to be sent there pal

1 hour ago, Govictory said:

Don't be salty at DE, blame the place you live in for stupid laws that prevent giveaway prizes to be sent there pal

Who are you to criticize anyone elses' country or their laws? I think you must apologize for this... As a paying customer, they have the right to demand to participate to the giveaway. IMHO, DE should choose an appropriate giveaway, which is equally suitable for all countries... what's happening here is, they just avoiding customs fines... that's all.

26 minutes ago, Supreme_Warrior said:

Who are you to criticize anyone elses' country or their laws? I think you must apologize for this... As a paying customer, they have the right to demand to participate to the giveaway. IMHO, DE should choose an appropriate giveaway, which is equally suitable for all countries... what's happening here is, they just avoiding customs fines... that's all.

So DE should only do giveaways of physical items (Prime Access/Vault codes are sent on a card) if they can do it globally?

Guess what? THEY CAN'T!!!

There are too many conflicting regulations across the globe for this to be possible. Some countries require this sort of thing o be classified as gambling, while others require that it NOT be classified as gambling. Some countries have top-end limits on prize value, and some have bottom-end limits. DE can never make a giveaway like this (or anything similar) global because of the differences in tax/customs laws between countries.

So these people should just get over themselves and stop demanding access to giveaways and contests because they are 'paying customers'. The game is Free-2-Play, so any purchases you make are on YOU, and have no bearing on DE's activities.