Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recommend a frame for me?

(XBOX)GeckoGenesis

Question

So far I have these frames:

Trinity, Ash, Nekros Prime, Nova Prime, Frost, Oberon, and Titania. 

I want to replace my Ash with another frame.  He's great for when I play solo, but I'm really not a huge fan of his abilities.  Don't really enjoy playing on the offensive.  I've got a few frames in mind, but I'd like to know what ya'll would recommend?  I love playing defensive/supportive frames. 

25 answers to this question

Defense and support?

Trinity is great for facetanking, Link + Blessing with QT/Flow equipped makes you tough to kill.  The downside? She has no offensive skills in her kit.

Nekros is an amazing utility frame, each of his augment mods are super-useful.  He's the most versatile frame, with so many different build options.

Oberon has a special place in my heart.  Two skills with soft-cc, can heal and remove enemy procs, and has more offensive potential than Trinity.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

If you want to be all defensive and helpful, that sort of thing, I'd give Loki a chance. Actually, I have him built for rather aggressive playstyle, not the casual agile, sneaky bastard.

P.S. Nothing more entertaining than seeing a Bombard charging with a plastic club, IMHO

Edited by Qianna

8 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Defensive in like area defensive or tanky ?

Honestly you have already have one of the best tanky/healer/support its gonna be hard to find something else like a trinity.

Area defensive.  Tanky is ok too. 

Yeah.  Trinity is the best, no frame could possibly match up to her abilities. 

Just now, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

Well unless frost & limbo there aren't that many "area defensive" frame. (and trinity for her blessing damage reduction)

As I said, you could try rhino.

When well built, he has a great damage buff, he's very tanky and can't be downed that easily.

And he can ult to save / revive his teamates.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

If it's area defence you're looking for, then even Trinity has to bow to Frost, the king of Defence. One of my favourites.

Just now, Trichouette said:

Well unless frost & limbo there aren't that many "area defensive" frame. (and trinity for her blessing damage reduction)

When well built, he has a great damage buff, he's very tanky and can't be downed that easily.

Rhino is one of the frames I have in mind.  I used to have him as a new player, but I ended up getting rid of him for more slot space.  I do miss him and I never did use him to his full potential.

Rhino is one of the frames I have in mind.  I used to have him as a new player, but I ended up getting rid of him for more slot space.  I do miss him and I never did use him to his full potential.

Well since his rework he's quite amazing.

I don't see the point of his new augment in my build but it can be quite useful for a full strength/efficiency build.

But I can assure you a build around his first & second augment + strength duration range is way superior and interesting.

With my current build I have a 1min 100% damage boost for my teamates & myself, and thanks to his augments I can easily build 30-50k ferrite armor.

And the ultimate put everybody in the air for around 10-15 sec if not more (not sure anymore) which is quite amazing in dire situations.

Just gonna throw it out there that as long as you're willing to mod up properly - and it's a costly build to get it to it's full efficiency I'll say it right now - Ice-element Chroma can be disgustingly tanky. Not insofar as area defence, mind you, but insofar as "this frame pretty much cannot and will not die short of being obliterated by stupidly highly scaled enemies hours into Survival".

That said, and as mentioned, he needs to be built properly to be able to reach such level of constant sustain and it might take a bit of fiddling with the play style to get it working.

If you wanted something different from the norm.  

I would personally recommend Ivara and here is why.

Her one has great utility. Instead of counting as one ability, I would personally count as four abilities. The only problem with her one is noise arrow because as far as I've seen is that but nevertheless, her one is fantastic.

Her two is great single target damage although it is kinda hard to control at least with a controller but if you want a single enemy to die, Navigator has got you covered.

Her three is where stuff gets very sweet. Like, if Prowl was a cake, give me like twenty of these and I would be happy. And if you decide to get her augment for Prowl, you shouldn't have any trouble with any spy vault, that's how goof Prowl is.

Her four has great crowd control due to the fact that Artemis fires a crap tone of arrows at once and the fact that it does a crap tone of damage.

Not only are her abilities are fantastic, her passive is very useful as well.

Ivara almost has everything, single target damage, utility, stealth and crowd control. If you are thinking about getting Ivara, I would 100% support you're decision. Get her, she is that good. :thumbup: 

Kinda surprised no one has mentioned Inaros. High armor, enormous health pool, self healing, team healing, crowd control from all four of his abilities, and a self rezzing mechanic. Inaros is just plain amazing. Also, I found the quest to get him rather enjoyable.

If you have any questions about him, feel free to ask.

Edited by sh00chu
additions

How about you try Nezha?

With his first he can lit enemies on fire and cancel negative status effects.

His second can be used to teleport around, lit enemies on fire to stun and when they are stunned and on fire when killed they release health but in rather small area.

His third he can cast an inferior Iron Skin and with its augment can provide it to friendlies (defense/ MD and excavation are excluded)

His fourth is an ok Stomp.

My build for team support (not the best):

veCCkvj.jpg

6 minutes ago, (PS4)meowseverywhere said:

I would personally recommend Ivara and here is why.

Her one has great utility. Instead of counting as one ability, I would personally count as four abilities. The only problem with her one is noise arrow because as far as I've seen is that but nevertheless, her one is fantastic.

Her two is great single target damage although it is kinda hard to control at least with a controller but if you want a single enemy to die, Navigator has got you covered.

Her three is where stuff gets very sweet. Like, if Prowl was a cake, give me like twenty of these and I would be happy. And if you decide to get her augment for Prowl, you shouldn't have any trouble with any spy vault, that's how goof Prowl is.

Her four has great crowd control due to the fact that Artemis fires a crap tone of arrows at once and the fact that it does a crap tone of damage.

Not only are her abilities are fantastic, her passive is very useful as well.

Ivara almost has everything, single target damage, utility, stealth and crowd control. If you are thinking about getting Ivara, I would 100% support you're decision. Get her, she is that good. :thumbup: 

Another frame I had in mind.  She looks fun and thanks to Dark Souls, I've developed a deep appreciation for bows.  She also looks like she'd be great for hanging back and sniping.  I'm rather appreciative of your review as I've usually been told negative things about her. 

Another frame I had in mind.  She looks fun and thanks to Dark Souls, I've developed a deep appreciation for bows.  She also looks like she'd be great for hanging back and sniping.  I'm rather appreciative of your review as I've usually been told negative things about her. 

No problem dude! :thumbup:

8 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

How about you try Nezha?

With his first he can lit enemies on fire and cancel negative status effects.

His second can be used to teleport around, lit enemies on fire to stun and when they are stunned and on fire when killed they release health but in rather small area.

His third he can cast an inferior Iron Skin and with its augment can provide it to friendlies (defense/ MD and excavation are excluded)

His fourth is an ok Stomp.

My build for team support (not the best):

I completely forgot about Nezha!  I kinda like his abilities.  I'll keep him in mind. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

I completely forgot about Nezha!  I kinda like his abilities.  I'll keep him in mind. 

While ivara is good, you should note that she's the squishiest frame in game. (luckily she has 3 stealth ability to turn her invisible, but that doesn't change the fact she gets downed quickly)

Nezha is mainly rhino mixed up with volt & oberon. But that's another good choice

38 minutes ago, (XB1)GeckoGenesis said:

36 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

It really depends whether you mean area defensive as in area CC (e.g. stunlocking) or actually tanking. For area CC, I would say Volt but recently his stuns from his 4th are pretty inconsistent for me somehow. Banshee also works to some degree but her 4th could have enemies shoot for a few bullets before reverting to the knockback animation, and a constantly moving target doesn't make it easier for your teammates to aim as well. Same goes for Hydroid, be it focused on Undertow or a tentacle build. Frost can also fill in for some CC, and Mag on the other hand can render enemies useless with magnetize as long as your teammates aren't shooting at an empty bubble. For actual tanking, I'd have to agree that Frost and Limbo are quite good (though Limbo isn't exactly "tanking"), but they don't compete well with other frames like Nekros or Trinity in terms of support. Mag could be used as a great CC/debuffer, though she has a much steeper learning curve that only the likes of Vauban or Limbo could compete imo, since there are a lot of possibilities for these three frames. If you're feeling tactical, give these frames a try.

Edited by Guest

first of all... keep ash (until you have the prime) an give him fatal teleport augment. easy mode for sedna arena.

i would recommend something stealthy for spy missions... so loki or ivara... uhm... or maybe something for fast exterminations like ember.

I would say Chroma.

His 2nd and 3rd are great for survivability and support near tennos, while his ulti can help keep enemies away and damage them pretty nice.

After 3-4 forma he can absorb an enormous amount of damage while 2 and 3 are active (read their description for more info) plus those skills can give nice buffs to you and tennos near you. Effigy (ulti) can buff allies and "debuff" enemies too.

Basically Chroma is quite universal frame.

BTW
Effigy - Enemies killed by the sentry have a 15% / 30% / 45% / 60% chance to yield 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% additional credits.

Edited by THeMooN85
added info about Effigy